People, Get Ready. We Are On Our Way to WORL, Read This Email From My County Sheriff

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, the housing market is headed for a major crash. With lumber prices and everything costing so much the banks better be Ready for a lot of foreclosures in the next year or so. I had a friend that bought six houses in the cliffs community during the 2008 market crash and he is setting pretty now but that how some people get wealth, buy low and set on it till the market come back. Four of the houses he bought were 2+ million dollar houses sole later for a great profit.

I was born and grew up in California near San Francisco. We didn't have the problems there are now. It used to be a good place to live.
Still can be if you are far enough up in the hills. Anywhere around the bay is a Sh## hole. It makes me prepared for SHTF. Won’t go to most of the cities, Head towards Central Valley to feel safe.
What drives me nuts around here- even the FOX news is leftist biased.

Only here because of how much my wife can make. And how much I can make us by remodeling and being home running the ranch.

I grew up in Mennonite Country in WNY, so I know where your Amish Heart is.

I’d leave. Barring that, employ that old southern tradition of the three “s”es.... shoot, shovel and shut up. Sounds like you are about to be on your own
Shovel? We don't need no stinkin' shovel! ;)

uthGOUT.jpg

The US will soon follow South Africa, with politically manipulated mass civil unrest by the black community against the " racist, privilaged" white society , rioting looting of stores warehouses, supply systems, fuel supplies, closing main interstates etc, then like SA the blacks will turn on the hispanic and asian communities before targetting the evil white supremacists communities. I suggest you watch many of the excellent reports from preppers, the media and ordinary people in SA. Then recognise the similarities to what BLM etc are inciting in the US.

Personally I'm dreading the prospect of a long hot summer this side of the pond with BLM, Anti vaccers, Extinction Rebbellion, the Far left and the lifting of lockdown could trigger over here. BTW UK is struggling BEFORE any civil unrest because we are short of 100,000 truckers to deliver food, fuel and goods.

Stay safe, stay prepped.

Well gee, I hope not. Stay out of the cities. Stay out of crowds. Find your small local community and keep the riff raff out. Produce your own stuff.
I've been mentally tallying all the excuses for the cities not having stuff.
Have heard: it's because of covid, it's because of lockdowns, because of short staffing because of people not working because they're paid to stay home, because of no containers, a plastic shortage, an aluminum shortage, no truckers, truckers not getting into rioting cities, the Texas ice storm, climate change, bad harvests, flooding.
How about it's because of horrible governments? All of them participating in this madness.

Street racers took over an intersection for three hours, blocking traffic, businesses, and apartments, while hundreds of spectators shot off illegal fireworks in the city that hasn't seen rain in 47 days. The police did nothing despite many 911 calls.

Portland police battle staffing crisis: Only four people have applied to fill 14 vacancies on newly-resurrected anti-gun violence squad because officers are fearful of angry woke mobs that forced its disbandment during BLM riots last summer
Only four people have applied to fill 14 spots on newly-resurrected Portland anti-gun violence squad | Daily Mail Online

A gun violence unit in Portland, Oregon is having trouble recruiting new officers after it was dismantled during last year's calls to defund the police and brought back when gun violence shot up this year.

Since May, only four people have applied to 14 spots on the Portland Police Department's new Focused Intervention Team.

The original Gun Violence Reduction Team was shut down after the Portland City Council voted to cut $15million from the police budget and eliminate 84 sworn positions last June.

Fifty-five people were killed in Portland last year, the highest number since 1994 and just 15 short of a peak of 70 in 1987, according to The Oregonian.

As of July 14, there had been 48 homicides and 600 shootings so far this year, KPTV reports

I havent been in a city for over 20 years, dont need to, dont want to.
I can buy pretty much what I want locally and if I cant I order it online and get it delivered to the door.
BLM, ER, the Woke brigade, the general crap that happens these days is in the cities and I have no need to be a part of it.
we havent even had a single case of Covid in my rural area much less a death from it, that all happens in the cities and large urban areas because of the close proximity of people to others.

Street racers took over an intersection for three hours, blocking traffic, businesses, and apartments, while hundreds of spectators shot off illegal fireworks in the city that hasn't seen rain in 47 days. The police did nothing despite many 911 calls.
What I can't understand is why haven't ALL the police in Portland left for greener pastures? You have to be nuts to want to work in law enforcement there.

What I can't understand is why haven't ALL the police in Portland left for greener pastures? You have to be nuts to want to work in law enforcement there.

Agreed! They are leaving/retiring early, but I am shocked at how many have stayed. Portland police are down on staff so low, the FBI is now helping to patrol. 911 calls are going for minutes unanswered. The local news did a story on a guy that had to wait three minutes, and many callers just hang up before ever talking to anyone.

FBI: Agents, PPB work together to break ‘cycle of violence’
FBI: Agents, PPB work together to break ‘cycle of violence’ | KOIN.com

FBI agents to pair up with Portland police in downtown and entertainment district after deadly shooting - oregonlive.com

They're already rubbing their hands together in anticipation.

The government will bail them out with your money, as usual.

And they'll own more, as usual.
Foreclosure sales are always a good way to buy property. The banks don't want to hold on to a property any longer that it takes to sell it. Theres no money to be made in a property thats sitting vacant. One persons loss is another person's gain.

Foreclosure sales are always a good way to buy property. The banks don't want to hold on to a property any longer that it takes to sell it. Theres no money to be made in a property thats sitting vacant. One persons loss is another person's gain.

Agreed.
My daughter was wanting to buy a house soon.
This could be a opportunity for her.

From today..

Portland police tells city's crime victims they're on their own: Residents warned of delayed responses to all but the most serious 911 calls due to spiraling crime and staff shortages

@Arcticdude Does your sister still think it's a great city? We have shattered the record for shooting, homicides, auto theft, vehicular deaths (including pedestrian), and crime in general (although most of it goes unaddressed). The city is filthy with trash, grafitti, and homeless.
My SIL can see the problems and would like to leave the area but her dopey husband is oblivious to the problems. He loves Portland and will stay no matter what. Fortunately they live in Gresham so its not that bad there yet.
We'll be in Portland later today. Portland was once a beautiful city, as far as city's go, but the liberal commies have ruined it, and the whole state.

My oldest daughter, her family as well as my grown grandson and his wife moved out of Seattle last year. They had enough. They moved there after living in San Francisco and Portland but the rapid decline of all those cities left them breathless and scared. They all have guns now and were not raised with guns. They are in Boise now and feel like they escaped Washington.
Boise is becoming the new Seattle/Portland with all the people from Los Angeles moving up there.
Edited to add: Missed the other comments on this, but agree. Glad they live a ways outside of Boise.

Latest posts

Back