Quantcast

penny stove

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
thats awesome!
now i have to go out n buy alcohol, cuz im definitly gonna make one of those! lol.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
thats awesome!
now i have to go out n buy alcohol, cuz im definitly gonna make one of those! lol.
It totally works, and is not load or through off a big flame. good for stealth. Also the Dakota fire pit is a really good one also, I will send you the link.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
ive also read, with the can stoves, the denatured alcohol takes a while to warm in cold weather or freezing weather, but if you put your lighter to it to warm it up a little it'll start better, then once its going the flames are enough to keep the vapors going.

Colt 1911

Reaction score
ive also read, with the can stoves, the denatured alcohol takes a while to warm in cold weather or freezing weather, but if you put your lighter to it to warm it up a little it'll start better, then once its going the flames are enough to keep the vapors going.
It does not take much fuel either, a small container that's water tight you could just keep it in your pocket to keep it warm. Guess it all depends on what's going on.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I made one of these an they work very well, i burned denatured alcohol
This is wicked cool! I will trying this on my next camping trip! I cannot wait. It does seem totally plausible! The only concern is pan weight unless you create a rack. After all we don't set ban directly on the burners of our stoves at home, unless it is an electric stove.

Colt 1911

Reaction score
This is wicked cool! I will trying this on my next camping trip! I cannot wait. It does seem totally plausible! The only concern is pan weight unless you create a rack. After all we don't set ban directly on the burners of our stoves at home, unless it is an electric stove.
I did not cook on mine but it totally works, My first one sucked cause i rushed it, the second one i made sure i had a nice snug fit, and it worked awesome. A rack of some sort is probably in order, I am sure it would heat up some water for a cup of soup or something along those lines.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I did not cook on mine but it totally works, My first one sucked cause i rushed it, the second one i made sure i had a nice snug fit, and it worked awesome. A rack of some sort is probably in order, I am sure it would heat up some water for a cup of soup or something along those lines.
Probably a great way to cook the .10 cent bag of raman noodles.

Latest posts