Penicillin

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some colds are Corona Virus, some are Rhino Virus and some are Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Antibiotics are for secondary infections (like sinus infections)
Your standard run of the mill common cold just has to run it's course. Antibiotics won't do a thing and you'd be wasting your meds. Secondary infections like bronchitis are a different matter.

This is one of my pet gripes. Penicillin is something I know works for a variety of diseases. I know it is anti-bacterial but somehow it works on colds, ear aches, sinus problems---why I don't know but it does. As a child in the late 1940s to early 1950s it was given universally. Then they began substituting other drugs and telling us we needed to cut back on penicillin, to be used only in the most dire cases, so that bacteria will not develop immunity.

But I don't think this is all of "their" reasoning. I think if you are a member of the elite class, whatever that is-politics, medicine, insurance elites--I don't know for sure, but if you are an elite member, your child can get all the penicillin they need. In other words they are saving this for themselves and their children. Your child gets an inferior substitute so the possibility of immune bacteria is lessened FOR THEIR CHILD.
When I was a kid (born in '47), docs gave you penicillin for EVERYTHING. Patients expected a script for their doctor's fee. That's how we ended up with all these Super Bugs - the over prescribing of antibiotics. They won't do a damned thing for the common cold. As long as you don't develop secondary infections like bronchitis, don't take anything but Tylenol for fever, aches and pains, etc. Some people automatically seem to get bronchitis (my daughter is one of those and her doctor knows that so she is given the antibiotic script but she's a nurse so she knows when she needs to fill it).

The reason doctors don't hand it out like Halloween candy is because of resistance. Not only can things become resistant, another problem is that if you don't kill it 100%, you merely kill the weakest parts making room for the bad stuff to flourish. You should not take penicillin for every cold.
Like I said in another post. It's all the prescribing of antibiotics when not needed is why we have all these Super Bugs today. Some older people (not me since I know better with family members in the medical field), still want their antibiotics thinking they will cure everything. And penicillin doesn't get every bug out there. I can't remember the last time one of us got a script for it. Broad spectrum antibiotics don't always work for what you have. These are ones meant for a variety of 'bugs'.

When I was a kid (born in '47), docs gave you penicillin for EVERYTHING. Patients expected a script for their doctor's fee. That's how we ended up with all these Super Bugs - the over prescribing of antibiotics. They won't do a damned thing for the common cold. As long as you don't develop secondary infections like bronchitis, don't take anything but Tylenol for fever, aches and pains, etc. Some people automatically seem to get bronchitis (my daughter is one of those and her doctor knows that so she is given the antibiotic script but she's a nurse so she knows when she needs to fill it).

That's why you use CDS, it doesn't create super bugs, it kills them all. It's 100% effective and dirt cheap.

Latest posts

Back