Peanut Oil

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calypso

Reaction score
I have a bit of a weird question... I was wondering if anyone had ever tried making their own peanut oil without the use of kitchen appliances. I've been researching, and all I can find is tutorials where they use an electric press or a food processor. I'm hoping some one here has made peanut oil with no electricity at all and might be able to pass on some wisdom. Or if not, any ideas???

I know most peanut butter is so loaded with sugar that it’s not good for you anymore. I’ve considered making my own, but never even thought about trying to extract the oil. I have an old cider press that might be able to get some oil out but would imagine it would take a whole lot of peanuts to get a little bit of oil.

Yeah, I was also apprehensive about that. I'm sure it will take a LOT of peanuts to get a decent amount of oil. I'm slowly learning how to make the things I usually cook with because just because SHTF doesn't mean I have to eat tasteless food... but I had good luck with my test run on growing some peanuts in my garden, so maybe I could grow enough? I will definitely look into other types of old presses to see if maybe something would work well enough.

Yeah, I was also apprehensive about that. I'm sure it will take a LOT of peanuts to get a decent amount of oil. I'm slowly learning how to make the things I usually cook with because just because SHTF doesn't mean I have to eat tasteless food... but I had good luck with my test run on growing some peanuts in my garden, so maybe I could grow enough? I will definitely look into other types of old presses to see if maybe something would work well enough.
I’ve learned from camping over the years how to cook and eat well even without electricity or conviences. I don’t know about a long term shtf but for any normal emergency that’s under three months we should weather it fine. I got some peanuts to grow but a lot of the plants didn’t produce well. I figured being in Georgia soil they would do great, we are the peanut capital after all.... did pretty well with potatoes at least.

peanut oil is having a hard time competing with soybean and other cheap seed oils >>>> oil freezes well and has a long long storage time - lard the same - I'd be going that direction and worry about other self sustaining problems ...

I have grown peanuts with luck but because of my garden size, I would not be able to produce enough to make it worth my wild. I can only do 2 raised beds, which would be 4-25ft rows total. We use them as a snack food. I use lard for oil from pigs we raise. Render and can up. Will keep long term. Once cold, it is like the lard you would buy at the stores, but if you can't wait till it cools down, you just add in a little more flour.

I have grown peanuts with luck but because of my garden size, I would not be able to produce enough to make it worth my wild. I can only do 2 raised beds, which would be 4-25ft rows total. We use them as a snack food. I use lard for oil from pigs we raise. Render and can up. Will keep long term. Once cold, it is like the lard you would buy at the stores, but if you can't wait till it cools down, you just add in a little more flour.
Thank you! I may look into livestock alternatives to add to my peanuts. Right now I just have my chickens and ducks, but I've been wanting to branch out into bigger livestock once I have the space.

Latest posts

Back