para cord ideas..

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
i got 2 things of para cord,in 2 different sizes.in which i bought to braid pull backs for the curtains we have in the breakfest room....the open one is 50 LB'S,if i remember right..the one still in the packaging,is 30 LB'S...and as yall can see.things are working out pretty good with it.plus,mom likes it..i also have a app on my nook called Knots 3D..in which i found a knot called,back splice.in which it comes out looking like square and/or round braiding..
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

got the 2nd one braided..in which i used the back splice knot at both ends.1st pic shows it before i cut off the excess ends...2nd pic shows it after i cut and melted the ends..
005.JPG 006.JPG

i braided these today..any suggestions for knots? 1st one is a dog collar. 2nd one is a bracelet.and it's be attached at both ends.
1108151852-00.jpg 1108151712-01.jpg

I suggest looking up tying it all together on youtube . He has tons of how to's from cobra knots , box knots , to pouches , monkey fists etc. .

I've never gotten one of those paracord bracelets. Rarely have I ever been in a situation where I needed one. What have you used it for?

i hadn't had any thing on my wrist in years.even then,.the last time i had anything on my wrist.was a cheap wall mart watch with a velcro band...but yet.im thinking of going with something that has a watch.and a compartment under it for spare keys..

i got 2 things of para cord,in 2 different sizes.in which i bought to braid pull backs for the curtains we have in the breakfest room....the open one is 50 LB'S,if i remember right..the one still in the packaging,is 30 LB'S...and as yall can see.things are working out pretty good with it.plus,mom likes it..i also have a app on my nook called Knots 3D..in which i found a knot called,back splice.in which it comes out looking like square and/or round braiding..
View attachment 4352 View attachment 4353 View attachment 4354
There seems to be no end to what you can do with paracord! I have a 1000 yard spool at my place and am looking to get more!

Just need to make sure the paracord you use is of quality. not the home depot crap that might, if your lucky, hold 125 pounds.

i never buy para cord there.always at wal mart.but yet that is a good point about the quality thoe..and always make sure it's of wight needed..the one i used for the curtains. 50 lb's if i remember right.in which thats all i needed for the curtains..

1st one.i was gonna go with as is..2nd one,i just got it put together and cord wrapped around it.and the round wooden peice in the back ground.is a lil mishap.the red plastic lid,i used to make the new ones the right size.which is a lil to big.3rd one.i already used my bench grinder to grind down and shape the end peices.there's 200ft of para cord there..

2015-11-18 002.JPG 2015-11-19 003.JPG 2015-11-19 004.JPG

I was looking for some cord the other day got some engine starter cord like for lawn mower, twice the rating to paracord, and take a very thick spool of fishing line - for fishing snares etc. Some paracord might be useful and since it is not much weight - will have to look at getting some. For years I always carried rope with me - it has been useful in getting people across swollen rivers etc.

thats nice,real nice harpoon..and great idea when it comes to the extended handles...

Latest posts

Back