Pandemic Flu Kit and what you can do to prepare

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your absolutely correct. The best way to stop a viral infection spread is to isolate. I think this pandemic wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been so I consider this a dress rehearsal for the next one. Everyone is politicizing this virus and the reactions to it. I say just try to look objectively at what was done well and what wasn’t. Learn from it. I’m afraid to say that we may not be done with this one just yet either. One variant could make it more deadly and resistant to the vaccine or any immunity gained from earlier infections. I am going to start traveling again now that I have been vaccinated, at least for now I see the risks very low.

you have to follow a narrow parameter just to call Covid a pandemic >> 1/2% mortality is a freaking joke when it comes to the "two steps & dead" disease possibilities ...

30% mortality is a real possibility without much push - just think of the hospital & med situation with a 60% increased death toll and God would only know how virile it could be ....

some people think Covid was an "eye opener" - I think it gave the general public a totally wrong perception of serious SHTFs and those possibilities - in regard to pandemic prepping >>> READ THIS ARTICLE !!!!!!

Early on, when we did not know much about COVID, it made sense to take precautions.
But as the data came out, more known, they could of and should of adjusted accordingly. But by then, as others mentioned, it had become politicized. Still is for that matter, "Neanderthal thinking." Yet the supposed "Neanderthal thinking," did not lead to mass deaths, and worse. Rather the opposite.
Meanwhile, other states with the most strict and stringent lock downs are experiencing some of the highest cases and even increases.
I have read about how the American economy is back. According to the numbers, job growth is in the food and bev and hospitality industries is near or at the top of that growth.
Guess where?
Not in states under strict lock downs.

I'll do like I always do when I catch a cold or flu, stay in bed if possible, and then go on with life as usual.

Two years ago, I got the flu bad. Wife was deployed so it was just me.
Livestock still need watered and feed.
Single digit temps, 6-8inches of snow. All bundled up in my extreme cold weather gear.
I had to stop twice carrying the two 5gal water buckets to the barn to catch my breath and rest. It is about 40yrds.

Two years ago, I got the flu bad. Wife was deployed so it was just me.
Livestock still need watered and feed.
Single digit temps, 6-8inches of snow. All bundled up in my extreme cold weather gear.
I had to stop twice carrying the two 5gal water buckets to the barn to catch my breath and rest. It is about 40yrds.
Until a few months ago my wife was working out of state on a 3x3 rotational schedule. Whenever I got sick I was on my own. The livestock still needs to be fed and 3 miles of road still needed plowing. Now that the wife is home she is a big help, except that she can't handle lifting 90 pound bales, plowing the road or breaking the ice in the water tanks. Like I've said before; life goes on for many of us, sick or not.

With things like the flu, shingles and yes, even corona virus you can get a vaccination to greatly reduce your chance of getting sick to begin with. It seems like a no brainer to me.

With things like the flu, shingles and yes, even corona virus you can get a vaccination to greatly reduce your chance of getting sick to begin with. It seems like a no brainer to me.
Well it's not quite as simple as that. Some people due to certain immune deficiencies can't take most of these vaccines (including the corona vaccine.) Some, sadly, we find out couldn't take them (after they're dead). Our countries overuse of mildly effective vaccines (only about 3% of those who take the flu vaccine get total protection) and our habit of throwing anti-biotics at everything (which is why we are now seeing spikes in MRSA and like infections) has put us in the spot we are in. Eat properly, get regular check ups, get enough sleep, WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS, and carrying a handkerchief to sneeze or cough into will go miles farther than lining up for every vaccine they put on the market (to turn a profit). Remember kids MEDICINE IS A "PRACTICE", not an exact science. Sometimes they get it wrong (word's of a nationally renowned Neurologist I had the pleasure of working with, not mine).

The red states are not entirely doing all that well economically. Because of the federal freebies, alot of people don't want to work. I know in the bigger town near us it seems that everyone is hiring. So, states can be open, but people have to want/need to work, and businesses need to get the supplies and goods that they need to operate a business.

Latest posts

Back