pads and sleeping bags

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbearnow

Reaction score
i may have this is wrong section if so im sorry im still learning around this forum. i would like input on real good mads and sleeping bags for hot and cold weather. snow and rain. thanks :))

Thats what I got for me and my family's BoB's. Had to work on a budget when your buying six of em. Besides that though, these are GREAT bags, rated to -10 and durable as hell. I got mine on ebay for $35 each with the compression sack.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/51...intermediate-sleeping-bag-35-x-87-nylon-black

Military Surplus MSS Intermediate Sleeping Bag 35" x 87" Nylon Black

The Military Surplus MSS Intermediate Sleeping Bag is the perfect sleeping bag for scouting, camping, or just being prepared. This lightweight, durable, mummy style sleeping bag is ideal for cold to freezing weather. The Intermediate Sleeping Bag is a part of the Military Modular Sleep System and is designed to fit in the Patrol bag (Sold Separately #693384). The Patrol Bag snaps to fit the Intermediate Cold Weather bag making a system that will keep you warm when the temperature drops below -10. The Intermediate Bag alone is lightweight and excellent for use during cold weather.

The durable rip-stop nylon shell and continuous filament polyester insulation is constructed to withstand the rigors of combat. The mummy design helps keep you warm and the generous "boot box" at the bottom is designed to allow the user to keep his or her boots on, either for added warmth or in case a quick exit is needed. Durable YKK zippers are used on either end of the bag allowing wearers to customize the amount of ventilation. Zippers are dual sided and can be easily accessed from the inside. The Military Surplus MSS Sleeping Bags are a fantastic addition to anyone's outdoor kit!

NOTE: All MSS Sleeping Bags are US Government Issued product and are rated in good to very good condition and are 100% serviceable.

Technical Information:
  • Weight: 4.0 lbs
  • Water resistant
  • Ripstop nylon
  • For temperature ranges from 30° to -10°
  • Adjustable cinch-cord hood
  • Dual zipper closure on side
  • Interior Dimensions:
    • Length: 78"
    • Width: 30"

Since you are in Missouri, if you are close to Columbia, you might try the military surplus store on the access road by I 70 going west toward Stadium.

I still have my Army Modular Sleep System and it is awesome. Keeps you warm down to -40 with all 3 bags together, and on sale at Midway USA for 69.00 right now. They are surplus bags but Midway is a great site and their stuff is always excellent. www.midwayusa.com. Definitely check out Military Surplus stores as well, or search online for the system. It really works very well and is worth the 69.00 or even the 99.00 when not on sale. I have slept in the bag in the mountains for training at temps down to minus 15 and was toasty warm.

I still have my Army Modular Sleep System and it is awesome. Keeps you warm down to -40 with all 3 bags together, and on sale at Midway USA for 69.00 right now. They are surplus bags but Midway is a great site and their stuff is always excellent. www.midwayusa.com. Definitely check out Military Surplus stores as well, or search online for the system. It really works very well and is worth the 69.00 or even the 99.00 when not on sale. I have slept in the bag in the mountains for training at temps down to minus 15 and was toasty warm.
Unfortunately I predate those! I would love to get my hands one of those.

Unfortunately I predate those! I would love to get my hands one of those.

Check out the website I quoted above, they had them on sale for 69.00, or 66.00 I forget, but one of those. A really good deal for what you are getting. You can search for them online as well and find people or auctions who are selling them.

Latest posts

Back