Over looked security essintial.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSTxPrepper1

Reaction score
Sand Bags - Often overlooked security measure is laying down sandbags. Making them into modern day american residential or combat lol fighting positions bunkers. Best bag to go with would be a Synthetic/ Polypropylene bags, and with linear low -density polyethyene (LLDPE) bags. Note - Sand or gravel would be best to use as they have more density superior bullet stops, and to note again stay away from soil- More vegetable matter in the soil, lowers its ballastic protection. Have ideas or anything to add, post up guys.:ar15:

A good design if your going to use sand bags is the old Vietnam style bunker. Labor intensive, but fairly straight forward to make.

Dig out a pit the size and depth that you want. If you can find one that is naturally occuring all the better. Fill your sand bags with your chosen poison (like SST said sand or gravel are the best. Knew one guy who filled his with concrete and then laid them in place to set up) and lay them out around the perimeter to the height that you desire and have an opening to get in and out of. Me personally I would use the Roman technique. You simply build another wall in front of and behind the opening. Makes it harder to navigate and slows attackers down. You can cover it however you want. I think traditionally it was a canvas roof with the poles to hold it up with camo netting over it. If you were going for a more permanent approach you could build the frame with wood and then use whatever you want for the roof. Tin would be great and fairly cheap. Or you could actually roof the bloody thing with shingles and all. Camo netting would still go over it.

Also good for diverting water as long as it doesn't get higher than your sandbags.

T add-Roman technique works awsome, and either it be natural or man dug out either would do the job find a position overlook or fatal funnel etc.

Container idea sounds like a goodone plus a bonus for bunker/ defending a position from an enclosed area, or be an observation outpost bunker also for defensive tactics.

Believe it or not that is my g/f's house in Lubbock Texas. Her dad built it over 30 years using 110 tons of steel. You can find website for it. Just google Robert Bruno Steel House. Even has a bit of a drawbridge for the front door. Can also see vids on youtube.

Yeah, it was her dad's life work. He died of blood poisoning right after he was declared to be in remission from cancer. But he viewed the house as a work of art and to him it was a living sculpture. He loved that house and it stands as a memory to what one man can accomplish if they have passion. He built the whole damn thing by himself with only two other people helping him. Thats actually him in the pics, kind of heavy set with a grin on his face.

very nice place nothing against it very sweet place I prefer my Ozark bunker myself with my tunnel system and in plain site security systems

I would think sandbags are for if your gone bunker down. Ingot one wouldn't sandbag my house. I would have have my own area in the wood or something sandbagged. At least if fired apon the bullets won't go through.

Latest posts

Back