Out of Africa

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nam-hunt

Reaction score
Good day all DPs,

I currently live in South Africa, but was born and raised in Namibia ( South West Africa)

Due to the current situation we find ourselves in we made some preparations for when things become seriously complicated.
I am a rookie when in comes to prepping, but been busy doing the basics for the last 2 years or so.
In our situation I believe more in the bug out scenario than the bunker in.... that said I have enough to bunker in too.(I think)

Our family decided to go with two double cab pickups (diesel), a off road caravan and a off road trailer.
Pickups are Toyota Hilux 4x4's
"caravan": ( )
Trailer ( https://www.campworld.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Jurgens-Safari-XT140.pdf )
Upgrades for power on the Caravan is 600W panels remote location and 2.8KW Lithium batteries in 12V only and the 220V comes from a modular boxed solar setup transported in the XT140 trailer. This is a 5.4Kw lithium batteries setup with 2000 watt panels that is also remote location and transported on the top of the trailer. ( Chargers, controllers, shunts, inverters etc is all Victron with bluetooth). Backups generators is Yamaha 2 KVA's.

As for security I believe one need protection and I am also a keen hunter since childhood. I like long range rifle sports and accuracy comes with some good personally loaded liberty freedom seats. All family members have done some recoil time and likes it too.

Final destination aimed for is rural Namibia in case of proper chaos and anarchy.

That should do for a intro I hope...

Yours Nam-Hunt

Last edited:
you acceptable to the Suidlanders? - thought caravaning out to the rurals was dangerous enough - what's the actual chance of leaving the country alone?

Welcome. Nice set up but I would feel better if this were a boat headed for Australia.

F*ckoff, we're Full šŸ˜

But on a serious note, they are letting very few people in, and less are allowed OUT believe it or not. I hope that's a good thing lol. It's happening elsewhere too, they seem to be putting the breaks on world travel under the guise of the pandemic. Even state to state migration is off the cards most places here now, which aside from dampening some my my 4x4 aspirations, isn't a bad thing either from my perspective. I try to think of a single thing that has piss*d me off about the scamdemic but I can't think of one. It takes with one hand and gives back with another.

It's funny how they talk about Australia being founded by convicts, most were sent here for petty theft, stealing a loaf of bread or such, must have been tough in ol Blighty back in those days. That's not real crime, that's just common sense when you're starving.

I've met many expats from the UK, NZ and elsewhere over my life, and many many of them came here because they were maladjusted, couldn't get on with their own people, or were criminals running from a misspent youth in hope of a fresh start. A lot of them make the early convicts look like saints in comparison. Still they all fit in and cause no real harm, unlike the other immigrants from the middle east and Africa.

Must have been the sale ads that brought out all of these early shoplifters in South Africa...

Latest posts

Back