Our I.N.C.H bags (content)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
>>List updated further down this page.

A rough overview of the packs. Our bags are very redundant and are identical except where the item is labeled (my or wife pack only) my pack is 56lbs, the wife's pack is 44 1/4lbs, I have used a good number of these items many times over in my other packs including the Teton sleeping bag, granted it's not as good as the military modular system I have but the Teton is a good bag weighing in under 3lbs with the survival rating down to 20deg F comfort range 32 - 35deg F, the tent has been a good one weighing in just over 4lbs, I'm not alone, I have my wife and her comfort (marginal at best) help keeps us focused in a rough environment.

Given some of the terrain is not suitable for a tent due to the slope (if you ever slept on a sloped ground you know what I am talking about) the hammock will work perfect, I will not be sleeping on the canyon floor or the peak but midway on the slope for security and protection. The I.N.C.H is our last line if our home and BOL are lost or not reachable. I would love to bring better fire power but I need to be realistic, I'm looking to survive not engage in a fight and needed to put more emphasis on my blades given the primary objective (survival).

We have a special place picked out that has a cache buried of much needed items (a backup to our backup).
It would be a 3 to 4 day hike to get there, for 2 and a half days of our journey I won't have the time to forag for food reason I packed the amount of food as I did, for the first 24hrs the water will be quetionable, since I need to pass through farm and ranch land to get up stream I want to move beyond these lands before I shed the excess water in our packs, there will be no fires the first 48hrs reason for the stove(s) and fuel, my goal is to get away from the people and prying eyes in the sky up into the heavy canvas as far as possible and with fire season approaching camp fires will be too dangerous in much of the area now the packs content (when the custom straps come in I will post pitcures)

Updated 8/29/2015
Tent failure (pole breakage), removed from my pack and from our plan all together, removed the E-tool due to space, it come down to axe or shovel, I replaced the E-tool with the folding ss trowel, I removed the solar panels and rechargeable batteries, removed a couple of lights also reduced the number of batteries, removed the blackhawk hydration system. Too much shifting and couldn't place all the heavier items center back for balance, walking parallel on a 35deg slope I couldn't balance the weight correctly. Replaced the sling shot, I gone to a different more heavier duty system that also shoots arrows 50lb pull noted below under 'food gathering'.

PACK/SHELTER/SLEEP SYSTEM
BACKPACK; Teton fox5200 (85L)
6'X8' tarp
U.S. Military Issue poncho
sleeping bag; Teton TrailHead
sleeping mat; U.S. Military Sleeping Pad
wool blanket
Neolite 2 person parachute hammock (wifes pack only)
Yukon outfitters Hammock Rain Fly (wifes pack only)

MISC
first Aid
osborne 413 leather sewing gear
fabric sewing kit
100' Para Cord x2
100' #12 Bank Line
gorilla duck tape 10yrds
smith's PP1 pocket pal multi-function sharpener
lansky sharpener
file (my pack only)
figure 9 x4
figure S x4
fox microdry towel/washrag
30gal clear garbage bags x4
pig leather gloves

FOOD GATHERING
2 yoyo's fishing reels
5 snares
fishing gear lines and lures
1 sling shot w/ 150 3/8 shots and 3 take down arrows w/ 4 replacement straps (2HD straps)
1 conibear #110 kill trap

HYGIENIC
Ivory soap
2 flatten rolls of T.P
toothbrush/paste
Carmex chapstick

BLADES
husqvarna carpenter's axe (my pack only)
folding ss trowel
bahco laplander
gerber multi tool (my pack only)
leathermans multi tool (wifes pack)
ontario 6145 U.S. Military machete w/sheath (wifes pack only)
K-bar knife (my pack only)
condor Bush knife
CS SRK knife (wifes pack only)
green river sheep skinner and Ulu (my pack only)

FIRE
UCO Stormproof Match Kit
gerber strikeforce w/10 refill fuel cubes
UST sparkie fire starter (wifes pack only)
bic lighter x4
flint & iron
magnesium fire starter
firesteel
fatwood 4" x4
dry Moss
jute

LIGHTING/COMMUNICATIONS/SIGNAL/NAVIGATION/POWER
hand crank flashlight (wifes pack only)
Coast headlamp 3aaa (my pack only)
Black Diamond headlamp 3aaa (wifes pack only)
Led lenser p6 2aa (my pack only)
Pocket AM/FM radio 2aa (my pack only)
midland gmrs/frs 2way 3aaa
10358 U.S. Navy Storm All Weather Whistle
U.S. Military Glass Signal Mirror
Suunto M-3G and Suunto & MC-2 compass
Suunto MC-2 Compass (wifes pack only)
write in the rain tablets and pen
water proof 7.5 minute topo map(s)
Folding magnifier (wifes pack)
24 AAA
8AA
**info on the compasses above and my maps**
http://doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/navigation-the-compass-and-map.6202/

COOKWARE
Etekcity Ultra Light Stove
Optimus Gas (8 oz) X2
Modovo Backpacking Pot Pan Cookware (wifes pack only)
2qt billy can (my pack only)
Optimus Titanium long spoon
Titanium spoon/fork/knife
coffee cups

WATER
32oz single wall SS Water Bottle (my pack only)
28oz single wall ss water bottle (wifes pack only)
Sawyer SP126 Mini Water Filtration System w/2L Platypus Platy Bottle
Coffee filters (pre filter for Sawyer SP126)
Polar Pure - Crystal Iodine Water Treatment
Nalgene 96oz Wide Mouth Canteen (empty)
Seattle Sports Camp Bucket (my pack only)

FOOD
Backpacker's Pantry Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
Mountain HouseFire Roasted Vegetable Blend.
Mountain House Beef Stroganoff
Mountain House Granola with milk and blueberries
Mountain House Scrambled eggs with Bacon
Mountain House Beef Stroganoff with noodles
Mountain House Chicken Teriyaki with rice
Mountain House Rice and Chicken
Mountain House Pasta Primavera
Powder milk
Quaker instant oatmeal packets x3
Trail Mix x1
Jerky x1
Raisins x4
Coffee/Tea
Salt/Pepper/Sugar/Olive oil

FIREARMS/AMMO
Ruger 10/22 w/4 magazine w/525 rnds
Handguns 4ocal w/5 15rnds magazine in each pack.The wife and my Handguns are using the
Kydex Chest Holsters (not really in the packs except ammo and magazines), the 10/22 is strapped to the side of my pack.

Last edited:
A rough overview of the packs. Our bags are very redundant and are identical except where the item is labeled (my or wife pack only) my pack is 56lbs, the wife's pack is 44 1/4lbs, I have used a good number of these items many times over in my other packs including the Teton sleeping bag, granted it's not as good as the military modular system I have but the Teton is a good bag weighing in under 3lbs with the survival rating down to 20deg F comfort range 32 - 35deg F, the tent has been a good one weighing in just over 4lbs, I'm not alone, I have my wife and her comfort (marginal at best) help keeps us focused in a rough environment.

Given some of the terrain is not suitable for a tent due to the slope (if you ever slept on a sloped ground you know what I am talking about) the hammock will work perfect, I will not be sleeping on the canyon floor or the peak but midway on the slope for security and protection. The I.N.C.H is our last line if our home and BOL are lost or not reachable. I would love to bring better fire power but I need to be realistic, I'm looking to survive not engage in a fight and needed to put more emphasis on my blades given the primary objective (survival).

We have a special place picked out that has a cache buried of much needed items (a backup to our backup).
It would be a 3 to 4 day hike to get there, for 2 and a half days of our journey I won't have the time to forag for food reason I packed the amount of food as I did, for the first 24hrs the water will be quetionable, since I need to pass through farm and ranch land to get up stream I want to move beyond these lands before I shed the excess water in our packs, there will be no fires the first 48hrs reason for the stove(s) and fuel, my goal is to get away from the people and prying eyes in the sky up into the heavy canvas as far as possible and with fire season approaching camp fires will be too dangerous in much of the area now the packs content (when the custom straps come in I will post pitcures)

6'X8' tarp
SLEEPING BAG; Teton TrailHead
SLEEPING MAT; U.S. Military Sleeping Pad
TENT; Alps Zephyr 2 person w/repair kit (my pack only)
Neolite 2 person parachute hammock (wifes pack only)
Yukon outfitters Hammock Rain Fly (wifes pack only)

MISC
First Aid
Osborne 413 leather sewing gear
Fabric sewing kit
50' Para Cord x2
Gorilla duck tape 10yrds
Smith's PP1 pocket pal multifunction sharpener
Lansky sharpener
File (my pack only)
Yo Yo Fishing Reels x2 w/fishing gear
Duke #110 traps x1
DakotaLine snares x4
Figure 9 x4
Figure S x4
Fox microdry towel/washrag
Pig leather gloves

HYGIENIC
Ivory soap
2 flatten rolls of T.P
toothbrush/paste
Carmex chapstick

BLADES
Husqvarna Carpenter's Axe (my pack only)
E-Tool w/cover U.S. Military Issue (my pack only)
Bahco laplander
Gerber multi tool (my pack only)
Leathermans multi tool (wifes pack)
Ontario 6145 U.S. Military Machete w/sheath (wifes pack only)
K-bar knife (my pack only)
Condor Bush knife
CS SRK knife (wifes pack only)
Green river sheep skinner and Ulu (my pack only)

FIRE
UCO Stormproof Match Kit
Gerber StrikeForce w/10 refill fuel cubes
UST Sparkie Fire Starter (wifes pack only)
Bic lighter x2
Flint & Iron
Magnesium fire starter
FireSteel
Fatwood 4" x4
Dry Moss
Jute

LIGHTING/COMMUNICATIONS/SIGNAL/NAVIGATION/POWER
Coast headlamp 3aaa (my pack only)
Black Diamond headlamp 3aaa (wifes pack only)
Led lenser p6 2aa
Coleman MicroPacker LED 3aa
Pocket AM/FM radio 2aa (my pack only)
midland gmrs/frs 2way 3aaa
U.S. Military Glass Signal Mirror
U.S. Military Tritium Lensatic Compass (MH) (my pack only)
Suunto M-3 Compass (wifes pack only)
map(s)
6aaa (12 alkalines 12 rechargeable)
2aa (8 alkalines 8 rechargeable)
goal zero solar recharging station
Folding magnifier (wifes pack)
** all electronics/batteries are in a 5L dry bag (both packs) **

COOKWARE
Etekcity Ultra Light Stove
Optimus Gas (8 oz) X2
Modovo Backpacking Pot Pan Cookware (wifes pack only)
2qt billy can (my pack only)
Titanium spoon/fork/knife

WATER
3.8L blackhawk hydration system (half filled) (my pack only)
26oz single wall SS Water Bottle
Sawyer SP126 Mini Water Filtration System w/2L Platypus Platy Bottle
Nalgene 96oz Wide Mouth Canteen (empty)
Seattle Sports Camp Bucket (my pack only)

FOOD
Powder milk
Trail Mix x1
Jerky x1
Raisins x4
Coffee/Tea
Salt/Pepper/Sugar/Olive oil

FIREARMS/AMMO
Ruger 10/22 w/4 magazine w/525 rnds
Handguns 4ocal w/5 15rnds magazine in each pack.The wife and my Handguns are using the Kydex Chest Holsters (not really in the packs except ammo and magazines), the 10/22 is strapped to the side of my pack. Trumark folding slingshot with extra bands and ammo
Wow, with all that I'd probably have a heart attack after the second mile! Lol. Seriously, you've got a great setup, I just hope we never need to use it! Also, good idea on the use of coffee filters as a pre filter.

Wow, with all that I'd probably have a heart attack after the second mile! Lol. Seriously, you've got a great setup, I just hope we never need to use it! Also, good idea on the use of coffee filters as a pre filter.

Totally agree in hoping never needing it. I've packed this weight many times for many miles so I'm kind of a custom to it. These packs and similar have worked better for me with the weight load over the Military versions by keeping the weight closer to the back and centered though it only stands to reason since Military packs have a different role then that of the civilian packs. I also had to add a couple of things to the list above since I didn't type in notepad correctly from my inventory list.

Also, I'm not at 50% of my weight, I'm carrying roughly 35 percent of my weight since 50% of my weight would be 86.5lbs. I weigh in at 173lbs my pack is at 56lbs making it a little less then 35% of my body weight, as a comparison below......

pt_det_weight_5-9-13.png

Didn't see it, but for those who don't know, and don't want to ask (like newer folks to prepping), I think the I.N.C.H. acronym is "I'm Never Coming Home" bag..... This type of bag is for one planning to up and leave permanently, come SHTF (Sh*t Hits The Fan. Designed to be able to be on the move, but eventually find places to settle, even if for just a short duration = Most gear).

G.H.B. - Get Home Bag (generally designed for about 48 hours or so, enough to get back to one's home on foot) Consider foods that can be eaten on the go, and isn't designed for one to hunt or fish, or really even camp. It's designed to have essentials needed for a long hike.

B.O.B. - Bug Out Bag (between the GHB and the INCH, enough gear to make it out in the wilderness, but not necessarily never, ever coming back, but will have camping, hunting, fishing supplies. Designed to be on the move, but have temporary campsites).

Thanks Gazrok, I should have listed the meaning to the acronym and yes it does mean 'I'm never coming home' the get home and bug out bags are for temporary settings where as the I.N.C.H. is basically a refugee bag, this is the one bag one hopes will never ever come to pass. The I.N.C.H. should be capable in assisting (not provide) one survivability for at least a year. As a refugee I'm not following the crowd I'm not going where man provides for man but what the good Lord provides for man and that's up in the hills.

Thanks Gazrok, I should have listed the meaning to the acronym and yes it does mean 'I'm never coming home' the get home and bug out bags are for temporary settings where as the I.N.C.H. is basically a refugee bag, this is the one bag one hopes will never ever come to pass. The I.N.C.H. should be capable in assisting (not provide) one survivability for at least a year. As a refugee I'm not following the crowd I'm not going where man provides for man but what the good Lord provides for man and that's up in the hills.
It has never ceased to amaze me when all the refugees end up in tent cities or camps. I'd rather take my chances out in the woods anyday. I don't see me being herded anywhere.

Yes and no.

No man is an island, and nobody has ALL the skills they may possibly need. This is where community comes in. However, I'd rather assemble a loyal team of family and friends with different skillsets, than bug out with the masses. Wonder how many in such tent cities would not wake up due to a knife in their back, while someone stole all their gear?

I'm a Jack of many trades, but I know my limits. I can handle first aid emergencies, for example, but I'm no doc or paramedic. But, someone in my group is. Likewise, I can fix a car most times, but I'm no mechanic, etc. Specialization is pretty much the key to civilization, and I don't think a SHTF situation is going to change that.

Picture this....you're a one-man Rambo, living in the woods. A year after SHTF, and you get a nasty gash on a rock that gets infected (and I mean bad). You know first aid and have even applied herbal remedies, but you really need a bit more serious help. Who are you going to go to? You're going to bite the bullet and try and find some civilization...that's what.

Yes and no.

No man is an island, and nobody has ALL the skills they may possibly need. This is where community comes in. However, I'd rather assemble a loyal team of family and friends with different skillsets, than bug out with the masses. Wonder how many in such tent cities would not wake up due to a knife in their back, while someone stole all their gear?

I'm a Jack of many trades, but I know my limits. I can handle first aid emergencies, for example, but I'm no doc or paramedic. But, someone in my group is. Likewise, I can fix a car most times, but I'm no mechanic, etc. Specialization is pretty much the key to civilization, and I don't think a SHTF situation is going to change that.

Picture this....you're a one-man Rambo, living in the woods. A year after SHTF, and you get a nasty gash on a rock that gets infected (and I mean bad). You know first aid and have even applied herbal remedies, but you really need a bit more serious help. Who are you going to go to? You're going to bite the bullet and try and find some civilization...that's what.

Though getting a nasty gash amongst the diseased refugee's would be far more devastating then amongst the trees and animals, it's a double edge sword by taking the chance someone with medical knowledge is mixed in with the crowed but in retrospect medical knowledge does very little without medical supplies. It doesn't necessarily require a rambo to live in the back country, man has done it for centuries, I would prefer to take my chances where I feel the most comfortable and far more at home ;)

Though getting a nasty gash amongst the diseased refugee's would be far more devastating then amongst the trees and animals, it's a double edge sword by taking the chance someone with medical knowledge is mixed in with the crowed but in retrospect medical knowledge does very little without medical supplies. It doesn't necessarily require a rambo to live in the back country, man has done it for centuries, I would prefer to take my chances where I feel the most comfortable and far more at home ;)
I don't have any desire to be a hermit, but the thought of being in a refugee camp seems worse than death to me. I recently got an infection from a tick bite. It started getting red and swollen, quickly. I went to a doc in the box, got some doxycycline, and it got Better amazingly quickly. It did make me thing about how fragile life is though. The best advice I can give to anyone is enjoy each day, as you never know when it ends.

I don't have any desire to be a hermit, but the thought of being in a refugee camp seems worse than death to me.

That's just it, the way I see a TEOTWAWKI 'be a hermit or become a target' Disease, sickness and injuries are going to be everywhere regardless if one is a hermit or amongst the masses it would just be more prevalent among the people, also, being amongst the masses one might add 'target' to that list but I don't see myself as being a hermit if what I am doing is keeping my distant from the destruction at the same time giving myself renewable resources that otherwise would be far more difficult by following the blacktops.

That's why I'm trying the best of both. The seclusion of a hermit, but with at least some other people for mutual defense and skill specialization. There are a total of about 17 people that know of my preps, and how well the ranch is positioned for it, who have said they'd definitely be willing to show up given a SHTF event, and make a go of it. Of those, I realize that given the event, not all may make it here. Among those 17, skillsets are often repeated (military, law enforcement, nursing, hunting, fishing, working with tools, etc.), but one can only plan so much.

Speaking of packs, if for any reason one becomes a refugee, one of the biggest targets if distracted or sleeping is going to be the pack, here is an security option called Malla Pacsafe (not overly cheap) for my 85L pack it would cost $85... just a thought

PA002NT_pacsafe_120L.jpg

I recommend to buy light bulletproof vests 3A level. From a rifle bullet vest will not save but is useful for protection from light fragments and pistol bullets at their low weight. In Ukraine, in the conflict zone during the active phase of the population of these vests were ready to send their last savings.

Recently we decided to go on a 4 day hike we found what worked and didn't, the sun wasn't cooperating to fully utilize the field chargers and on top of it all it was difficult to protect all the sensitive equipment adding unnecessary worries when the focus should be on shelter water fire and food

After field testing my pack and it's contents we felt the extra weight of the solar panels, rechargeable batteries and charging banks just wasn't worth the weight for the type of comfort the items brought to Lisa, I also removed some of the extra lighting along with the radios reducing my load of carrying extra batteries. These items was more for the wife comfort but after talking to her she was fine with me excluding these items. I also made additional load lightening adjustment making the pack more manageable shedding just over 24lbs.

Truth be told, at my age the extra weight made it a bit cumbersome to navigate some of the paths. In the 4 day hike we used almost 2 8oz bottles of fuel for us both given most of the food was MH freeze dried, instant coffee and dry snacks (I wanted to test how much fuel we would go through in these 4 days) Most of the equipment was new untested in the field and with temperatures ranging high 30s low 40s we were fairly comfortable even with the rain snow mix, no failures on any of the equipment.

I revised the list below and added pictures of some of the content in our packs, we combined our B.O.B and I.N.C.H. bag as one pack.

Edited 1/10/2015; Changed out and updated my lighting, changed out the AA to AAA lights.

Digital Woodland Camo 8x10 Tarp
Sleeping bag; Teton TrailHead
Sleeping mat; U.S. Military Sleeping Pad
Snugpak Jungle Blanket

CORDAGE
200' Titan ParaCord
395' Catahoula #12 Bank Line
Nite Ize Figure 9 x2
Nite Ize Figure S x4
Liberty Mountain aluminium guyline adjuster x8
MSR groundhog stakes x8

MISC
First Aid
Fabric sewing kit
Gorilla duck tape 10yrds
30gal clear garbage bags x2
Pig leather gloves

FOOD GATHERING
Yo Yo Fishing Reels x2
Duke #110 traps x1
DakotaLine snares x5
Fishing lures/hooks and lines
Slingshot with Arrow attachment and line spool
Extra bands x2 25lb x2 40lb bands
150 3/8 shots
Take down arrows x6

HYGIENIC
Ivory soap
Camp soap
2 flatten rolls of T.P
toothbrush/paste
Carmex chapstick

BLADES
Husqvarna Carpenter's Axe
Bahco laplander
Wyoming skinning knife
Gerber multi tool
CS SRK knife
Condor Bush knife
SE SS Folding Trowel
Smith's PP1 pocket pal multi-function sharpener
Lansky dual grit sharpener
Lansky diamond sharpner
File

FIRE
Epiphany Pocket Bellow
UCO Stormproof match kit
Gerber StrikeForce w/5 refill fuel cubes
Bic lighter x2
Magnesium fire starter
FireSteel
Fatwood 4" x4
Dry moss
Jute

LIGHTING/SIGNAL/NAVIGATION
Black Diamond Storm head lamp 160lm 4aaa w/2refills
Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro 65lm 2aaa w/2refills
Streamlight 66318 MicroStream 35lm 1aaa w/2refills
Fenix E01 13lm 1aaa w/2refills
U.S. Military type II mark 3 Glass Signal Mirror
Suunto M-3G global compass
Maps

COOKWARE
MSR PocketRocket Stove
MSR universal canister stand
Tall compact folding stove windscreen
Optimus gas (8 oz) X2
2qt SS billy can
Optimus Titanium spoon/fork/knife
MSR Alpine 7" SS plate

WATER
32oz capacity SS water bottle
24oz capacity SS cup w/lid
Baker fish spreader
Sawyer SP126 Mini Water Filtration System w/maintenace kit
Nalgene 96oz capacity wide mouth canteen (empty)
Seattle sports foldable camp bucket 3 gallon

FOOD 3-day
Powder milk
Trail Mix x1
Jerky x1
Raisins x4
Coffee/Tea
Salt/Pepper/Sugar

blades.JPG

cook.JPG

gathering.JPG

shelter.JPG

water.JPG

fire.JPG

Last edited:
Recently we decided to go on a 4 day hike we found what worked and didn't, the sun wasn't cooperating to fully utilize the field chargers and on top of it all it was difficult to protect all the sensitive equipment adding unnecessary worries when the focus should be on shelter water fire and food

After field testing my pack and it's contents we felt the extra weight of the solar panels, rechargeable batteries and charging banks just wasn't worth the weight for the type of comfort the items brought to Lisa, I also removed some of the extra lighting along with the radios reducing my load of carrying extra batteries. These items was more for the wife comfort but after talking to her she was fine with me excluding these items. I also made additional load lightening adjustment making the pack more manageable shedding just over 24lbs.

Truth be told, at my age the extra weight made it a bit cumbersome to navigate some of the paths. In the 4 day hike we used almost 2 8oz bottles of fuel for us both given most of the food was MH freeze dried, instant coffee and dry snacks (I wanted to test how much fuel we would go through in these 4 days) Most of the equipment was new untested in the field and with temperatures ranging high 30s low 40s we were fairly comfortable even with the rain snow mix, no failures on any of the equipment.

I revised the list below and added pictures of some of the content in our packs, we combined our B.O.B and I.N.C.H. bag as one pack

Snugpak Jungle Blanket

CORDAGE
200' Titan ParaCord
Nite Ize Figure 9 x2
Nite Ize Figure S x4
MSR groundhog stakes x8

MISC
First Aid
Fabric sewing kit
Gorilla duck tape 10yrds
Pig leather gloves

FOOD GATHERING
Yo Yo Fishing Reels x2
Duke #110 traps x1
DakotaLine snares x5
150 3/8 shots
Take down arrows x6

HYGIENIC
Ivory soap
Camp soap
2 flatten rolls of T.P
toothbrush/paste
Carmex chapstick

BLADES
Bahco laplander
Wyoming skinning knife
Gerber multi tool
CS SRK knife
Condor Bush knife
SE SS Folding Trowel
Lansky diamond sharpner
File

FIRE
Epiphany Pocket Bellow
UCO Stormproof match kit
Bic lighter x2
Magnesium fire starter
FireSteel
Fatwood 4" x4
Dry moss
Jute

Black Diamond headlamp 130lm 3aaa w/2refills
LED Lenser 880034 120lm 2aa w/2refills
UltraFire Mini Cree 7w 300lm 1aa w/3refills
Maps

COOKWARE
MSR PocketRocket Stove
Optimus gas (8 oz) X2
2qt SS billy can
MSR Alpine 7" SS plate

WATER
Baker fish spreader

FOOD 3-day
Powder milk
Trail Mix x1
Jerky x1
Raisins x4
Coffee/Tea
Salt/Pepper/Sugar

View attachment 4918
View attachment 4919
View attachment 4921
View attachment 4922
View attachment 4923
View attachment 4920
Nice hatchet. I carry a Gransfor in my pack. Due to my current location I only need to carry a few items in my pack as I can pretty much live off the land around here; change of clothes, wool sweater, wool socks, a couple knifes, Leatherman, fire starter, rope, hatchet, a dozen small animal snares, wire, some fishing items, water container, canvas tarp, wool blanket, a couple packs of jerkey, Buckmark .22 pistol, ammo, small first aid kit and a cooking pot.

Last edited:
No problems living off the land here, we have an abundance of food and water (so far) though it would take me 2 to 3 days to get to our destination by foot and most of hike would be a cold camp reason for the fuel. The Wife has additional items in her pack but for the most part it's pretty redundant.

I revised the list below and added pictures of some of the content in our packs, we combined our B.O.B and I.N.C.H. bag as one pack

Snugpak Jungle Blanket

CORDAGE
200' Titan ParaCord
Nite Ize Figure 9 x2
Nite Ize Figure S x4
MSR groundhog stakes x8

MISC
First Aid
Fabric sewing kit
Gorilla duck tape 10yrds
Pig leather gloves

FOOD GATHERING
Yo Yo Fishing Reels x2
Duke #110 traps x1
DakotaLine snares x5
150 3/8 shots
Take down arrows x6

HYGIENIC
Ivory soap
Camp soap
2 flatten rolls of T.P
toothbrush/paste
Carmex chapstick

BLADES
Bahco laplander
Wyoming skinning knife
Gerber multi tool
CS SRK knife
Condor Bush knife
SE SS Folding Trowel
Lansky diamond sharpner
File

FIRE
Epiphany Pocket Bellow
UCO Stormproof match kit
Bic lighter x2
Magnesium fire starter
FireSteel
Fatwood 4" x4
Dry moss
Jute

Black Diamond headlamp 130lm 3aaa w/2refills
LED Lenser 880034 120lm 2aa w/2refills
UltraFire Mini Cree 7w 300lm 1aa w/3refills
Maps

COOKWARE
MSR PocketRocket Stove
Optimus gas (8 oz) X2
2qt SS billy can
MSR Alpine 7" SS plate

WATER
Baker fish spreader

FOOD 3-day
Powder milk
Trail Mix x1
Jerky x1
Raisins x4
Coffee/Tea
Salt/Pepper/Sugar

View attachment 4918
View attachment 4919
View attachment 4921
View attachment 4922
View attachment 4923
View attachment 4920
Great kit! I espechially like the hunting gear. I'd like some of the snares and the small trap, but all of it is really nice.
Also, great post about trying it out. Having gear is useless unless you use it, test it, refine it etc.

Latest posts

Back