Other ways to kill millions?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Just for fun, how about a topic about... anything else!

The other day I was thinking about how many federal 'in-the-know' guys move to far inland locations. And it's usually shown with a map showing significantly elevated sea levels.

There are different theories of how that can happen. For example, dropping nukes on the polar caps. But, I don't think there are enough nukes to melt all that ice. And everyone knows that global warming is a giant lie. So... how does that happen?

And it hit me. And this is so 'simple', even a moron like NK or Iran could do it. Go a few miles off shore, and drop a nuke. I'm not sure if at sea level, or 100 yards under water or how much, but the goal is to maximize a tsunami. It will go inland for miles, destroying everything... homes, businesses, crops, roads, animals, equipment. Advanced notice will be minutes at most. And it might hit 100 miles+ of shoreline.

I don't know the calculations for how big or wide, but I am certain that a nuke used this way will do far more damage than a nuke detonated over land in the traditional way. A normal nuke might destroy and kill in a 10-20 mile radius. Imagine a nuke in the water near NYC, that water wave would take out the whole city and an area far wider than the 10-20 mile range. Might make you reconsider any areas even close to the oceans!

Now, isn't that fun? At least it's not the same virus-virus-virus discussion!

Just for fun, how about a topic about... anything else!

The other day I was thinking about how many federal 'in-the-know' guys move to far inland locations. And it's usually shown with a map showing significantly elevated sea levels.

There are different theories of how that can happen. For example, dropping nukes on the polar caps. But, I don't think there are enough nukes to melt all that ice. And everyone knows that global warming is a giant lie. So... how does that happen?

And it hit me. And this is so 'simple', even a moron like NK or Iran could do it. Go a few miles off shore, and drop a nuke. I'm not sure if at sea level, or 100 yards under water or how much, but the goal is to maximize a tsunami. It will go inland for miles, destroying everything... homes, businesses, crops, roads, animals, equipment. Advanced notice will be minutes at most. And it might hit 100 miles+ of shoreline.

I don't know the calculations for how big or wide, but I am certain that a nuke used this way will do far more damage than a nuke detonated over land in the traditional way. A normal nuke might destroy and kill in a 10-20 mile radius. Imagine a nuke in the water near NYC, that water wave would take out the whole city and an area far wider than the 10-20 mile range. Might make you reconsider any areas even close to the oceans!

Now, isn't that fun? At least it's not the same virus-virus-virus discussion!
If this topic is of interest to you, I can point out that there is a lot of concern for the East Coast of the USA getting hit with a megatsunami (higher than 300 feet) because of an unstable underwater ridge near the Canary Islands. There is vulcanism in the Canary Islands, and an eruption could cause a huge tsunami to hit much of the East Coast.

See link below:

https://blogs.agu.org/landslideblog/2016/09/20/canary-islands-megatsunami/

I imagine that if a terrorist nation wanted to hurry the process along, a nuke could be used to collapse this unstable ridge and create the tsunami.

A tsunami caused by collapsing this ridge would--as you suggest--be far more destructive than simply nuking one city.

New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Miami, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Key West, Boston, Portland (Maine), and St. Augustine would all be hit very hard by such an event, and millions would die.

And that's just our country. Mexico, Central America, Brazil, Cuba, The Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, and the Virgin Islands would also experience a huge loss of life.

Last edited:
I grew up near Corpus Christi, TX and the concern was always just hurricanes. This is a whole different ball of wax, eek!! Somehow I feel a little bit better living in Oklahoma now.
When Ike hit, Bolivar had a 19ft storm surge. . . It even flooded Winnie, TX. So much livestock drowned during that hurrican. And I know they didn't find all the "missing" that decided to stay on the pennencilla,

or bomb a shelf oil well, such as BP "Deepwater Horizon". Just to make sure that nobody may close the hole in the surface. A conventional MOAB would do it, and all oil spills into the coastal water for years...than we are doomed

If this topic is of interest to you, I can point out that there is a lot of concern for the East Coast of the USA getting hit with a megatsunami (higher than 300 feet) because of an unstable underwater ridge near the Canary Islands. There is vulcanism in the Canary Islands, and an eruption could cause a huge tsunami to hit much of the East Coast.

See link below:

https://blogs.agu.org/landslideblog/2016/09/20/canary-islands-megatsunami/

I imagine that if a terrorist nation wanted to hurry the process along, a nuke could be used to collapse this unstable ridge and create the tsunami.

A tsunami caused by collapsing this ridge would--as you suggest--be far more destructive than simply nuking one city.

New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Miami, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Key West, Boston, Portland (Maine), and St. Augustine would all be hit very hard by such an event, and millions would die.

And that's just our country. Mexico, Central America, Brazil, Cuba, The Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, and the Virgin Islands would also experience a huge loss of life.
Now if the "big one" hit California at the same time.....

or bomb a shelf oil well, such as BP "Deepwater Horizon". Just to make sure that nobody may close the hole in the surface. A conventional MOAB would do it, and all oil spills into the coastal water for years...than we are doomed

Do you really think it would be that big of a deal? Yes, shorelines would be a mess, tourism hurt, fishing a mess. But how many people would really die from this? Compared to millions with a tsunami?

Now if the "big one" hit California at the same time.....

Looking for the silver lining? Drop all the leftie wackos into the ocean? OK, would anyone really miss them?

How about something more likely. The snow storm to end all snow storms. The snow plows can't keep up. No one can get the car out of the driveway to go to the store. Trucks can't get through to replenish. White out conditions, with 40 mph winds. Then it warms up just enough to turn into freezing rain, so all the power lines go down. Then the temperature plummets to below zero and stays there for a week or two. 1888 all over again, except this time, no one has a coal stove and a coal bin in their house. You and I might survive, but millions would die.

When Ike hit, Bolivar had a 19ft storm surge. . . It even flooded Winnie, TX. So much livestock drowned during that hurrican. And I know they didn't find all the "missing" that decided to stay on the pennencilla,

When I lived in Port Bolivar we had several close calls, an ambulance from Galveston would drive up onto the fort and all the people living their would hunker down at the fort in the concrete corridors behind solid steel door. If something like Ike hit when it was standard operating procedure of Galveston County for the folks living on Bolivar to head to the fort with only a 12 foot seawall covering only 3 sides, Ike would have drowned every soul at the fort. I miss that place.

How about something more likely. The snow storm to end all snow storms. The snow plows can't keep up. No one can get the car out of the driveway to go to the store. Trucks can't get through to replenish. White out conditions, with 40 mph winds. Then it warms up just enough to turn into freezing rain, so all the power lines go down. Then the temperature plummets to below zero and stays there for a week or two. 1888 all over again, except this time, no one has a coal stove and a coal bin in their house. You and I might survive, but millions would die.

Or the blizzard of 1949 but across a much larger area than it did in 1949

When I lived in Port Bolivar we had several close calls, an ambulance from Galveston would drive up onto the fort and all the people living their would hunker down at the fort in the concrete corridors behind solid steel door. If something like Ike hit when it was standard operating procedure of Galveston County for the folks living on Bolivar to head to the fort with only a 12 foot seawall covering only 3 sides, Ike would have drowned every soul at the fort. I miss that place.
Did you hear they filled in the cut? No more fishing there. . . Sad to see it go.

No I didn't :( that was one of my favorite areas, my brother gone down there a few years back and said Bolivar not recognizable and they got another name for it crystal or something like that.
We still have Bolivar. There is a Crystal Beach a little further down going towards Galveston. Depending when your brother was last there, I bet it has changed a lot. Lots of Barack cabins before Ike and they are slowly rebuilding all along that road. So much that they have made little "communities '. At least the lighthouse is still down ther e.

Latest posts

Back