Other Stuff To Bring Along

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Heres some other stuff you can bring along if the timings right, and if you dont wind up inna parking lot of cars on the Hwy.
Granted some of these may not be the most practicle of stuff, like your Bug Bag, and will probable get left behind:

1. A Cooler:
a cooler can be burried in the dirt (depending on climate) and used to keep your parishable food fresh, or even your hunted kill. i recommend one with wheels.
2. Large Water Proof Containers:
these containers can keep your food fresh, and you can even set them in the river or water source to keep your food cold. remember, water proof also makes it air sealed too.
3. Books:
think of how many books will be lost when SHTF. it will also be nice to upkeep your reading abilitys, and if you have young kids you might be able to teach them to read and write. Knowledge is power and useful. I recommend a KJV bible, or a how-to survival manuel.
4. A Journal:
something to write down what exactly happend when shtf. and also to write how your managing to survive and what steps you took to live post-shtf. future generations may thank you for this.
5. A Flyswatter:
one may think im joking on this, however, if you were to leave your flashlight on at night, you will have bugd galore flyen in, you can swat them down and put them in a container to be used for fishing.
6. Pens and Pencils:
to be used with your journal as i mentioned above, or pencils can also be used to start fires (see firestartig thread)
7. Cook Ware:
plates, knives, forks, spoons etc.
8. A Photo Album:
to not only remind you of those you may have lost, but also remind you of the good'ol days.
thats all i have for now, but ill probably add more later, or feel free to add to the list!

9. Hand Tools:
building stuff post-shtf will be a useful asset to not only yourself and family, but to others as well.
i recommend: socket sets w/ratchet, hammer, wrenches, channel locks, pipe cutters (for cutting copper out of houses), and varios other tools.

9. Hand Tools:
building stuff post-shtf will be a useful asset to not only yourself and family, but to others as well.
i recommend: socket sets w/ratchet, hammer, wrenches, channel locks, pipe cutters (for cutting copper out of houses), and varios other tools.
Couldn't agree more! I have a decent tool set of my own, and 18 volt power tools ready to go.

ya, i cant wait to try my hand at woodworking w/o power tools, should be fun, and i might get a laugh from my family members for my efforts LOL.
If I built a cabin or the like I'm sure my family would opt to sleep outside and take their chances with the wildlife...

Latest posts

Back