Other people’s lists.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I get carried away with the hot stuff making chili, and have to I put it on rice to dilute it down from 5 alarm chili to 3 alarm chili.

My ranch hand (1/2 Texican 1/2 Scottish heritage) will take a toothpick full of 5 million Scoville hot sauce and suck on it, calmly tell me that it has "good flavor", smokey, sweet, finishes or starts with heat....like he is tasting a fine wine.
1680077429551.png

When he does it with the 9 million (Pure capsaicin) he will say "Yeah, that has some kick".

For reference, the X pepper (the hottest one) is only about 3 million Scoville and a Ghost Pepper around 1 million. A Jalapeno is only about 8,000.

How his tastebuds have not simply burned off like warts is beyond me. He said his parents started mixing in hot peppers with his baby food. He says the hot peppers is why he never gets sick.

One time, he forgot to wash his hands after putting some sauce on a burger and went to the restroom to pee. Comes tearing into the kitchen and without a word, grabs the Dawn dish soap off the counter, then I hear the shower going and I can hear him muttering "Oh $hit, Oh $hit"....Dawn didn't quite get the job done either. LOL. He was complaining for hours.

When I pick or cook with the peppers I grow for him (Ghost and Carolina Reapers) I have to wear gloves otherwise my skin burns. I think I have an allergy to anything hotter than Serranos.

With this super hot stuff like

Mad Dog 357 No. 9 Plutonium​

a pinprick will heat a whole pot of chili. A 1 oz bottle will last most people for years. Good for saving space. Aerosolize it and you have home made pepper spray.

Attachments

• 1680077395414.png
    1680077395414.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I came across this list on gab the other day. Looked at it and tried to compare it what I know 2 of us go through in a year. Remember this list is for 1 person.
1st item Rice, 2 of us go through 50lbs in 3 years.
2nd flour still working on a year later on 25 lbs.
Spaghetti 36 lbs 20 has lasted us a year and a half
36 boxes of Mac and cheese, ok a year (I need quick meals when she is late)
48 cans of fruit cocktail? I can remember the last time I had fruit cocktail.

Just throwing this out there. To me it seem like a 3 year plan for 2 people. Its not a single person for a year. View attachment 19404

Thoughts?

I think it depends on your dietary preferences. We don't eat that much rice here. More potatoes and noodles. I don't cook much with oil, except when I deep fry; mostly use butter. We do eat a lot of soup. I do a lot of Mexican dishes so I use more cornmeal and Masa than usual. Breads yes. Fruits and vegetables. Meat and eggs because of their protein content help to flatline blood sugars, is a big staple for us. The fats in red meat and bacon help with dry skin. Seafood is mostly a Lenten thing.

We go country dancing a lot. There is a young Indian man that is a regular. I was talking to him and he brought up an observation he had made. He theorized that Americans eat much more meat than some other cultures and therefore have developed more muscular, stronger statures. I suspect he is correct.

Last edited:
Word of caution on dried beans.

It takes hours to cook. If grid down that is a lot of energy to expend.
Might be best to go with cans of beans as they are per-cooked.

Soak them first. Cook them in a solar oven or a black iron covered pot over a low fire.

Word of caution on dried beans.

It takes hours to cook. If grid down that is a lot of energy to expend.
Might be best to go with cans of beans as they are per-cooked.
Bean pots! The old pot bellied crocks with lids. You need 2- one for the counter and one for the oven (or coals if the oven is out).

Latest posts

Back