Quantcast

Organizing Trips and Get- Togethers

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
I would like to ask Mr Clydesdale and company about setting up a forum to organize get togethers and camping trips, etc. I like the idea of practicing making shelter, hunting, fishing, water etc. I have had a hard time finding people who REALLY want to do it. Every one I mention it to thinks it's a good idea, but when it comes down to going, EVERYONE bails. I know there are people in each of our areas that would be interested in doing this. Let's organize it so we can learn together. Discuss

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to ask Mr Clydesdale and company about setting up a forum to organize get togethers and camping trips, etc. I like the idea of practicing making shelter, hunting, fishing, water etc. I have had a hard time finding people who REALLY want to do it. Every one I mention it to thinks it's a good idea, but when it comes down to going, EVERYONE bails. I know there are people in each of our areas that would be interested in doing this. Let's organize it so we can learn together. Discuss
No problem. I will set up a forum for that.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
All other Posts made in this thread were moved to Camping Trips, Meetings and Get-Togethers as that seemed to be the direction this thread headed

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
just had a thougt on next years camp n meet...and any others we might have..plan them early enough dureing the summer break so maybe more ppl can attend..and we dont have the summer heat to worry about as much

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
for those that still want to go and not sure where its at..i know its short notice for those that still want to go and all.but more the merryer
mousetail landing state park
3 campground rd
linden tn 37096-5465
perry county
phone# (713)847-0841
it's from july 23rd to july 29th

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Here's my two cents. I'd make the sections smaller so that no one has to drive 12+ hours one way to get there. I am determined to be there next year, just need the dates set up before February so Hubs can get the time off from work. I also need to make sure I don't do stupid crap that gets me hurt which just makes thing suck all the way around.

Maybe do 3 or 4 state sections and locate the meet in the middle so driving isn't ungodly.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
here here on that..the only bad part of that camp out was all that driveing.pluse some people if not most cant afford driveing that far..but can afford the shorter distances..pluse if someone needed a ride,then it'd be easyer on someone else if they was to give um a ride n all...

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Jim, you were a saint for being volunteered to pick me up, thank you again. I feel horrible that I wasn't able to make it.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
dont worry about it hun..we all have them moments..and yours happen to fall upon the camping trip..your a sweet hart in my book...:) it aint your falt n all..pluse i dont blame husband seeing how he dont know us n all..i still want some of that bread n all u brat.. :p

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
When the temperatures cool down, I'll be happy to send you some bread Jim, but right now, it would mold before you got it.

Uncle Albert

Reaction score
Can I suggest micro meet ups? I think people who have met their closest Fellow Preppers will feel more comfortable going to a bigger wingding when they go with people they have already rubbed elbows with. I am reaching out to my like minded friends in Louisiana to meet somewhere in the middle or close to our biggest numbers to meet for a day of interaction, a meal, a conference. No skill showings needed simply connecting, sharing thoughts, and getting to know each other.

Uncle Albert

Reaction score
I just happened to think...what would I wear? Just kidding, a buffalo robe would probably work. Then people would know it's me. P.S. Does anyone know where I could find a buffalo robe?

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Awesome. No, I don't know were you'd find such a thing, but let me know if you have a line on them. It's been snowing and sleeting here over the weekend, so a buff robe would be a blessing!

I think "Micro meets" are a GREAT idea. Whatever will help members feel comfortable with larger scale meets is a fantastic idea. I'm not 100% sold on the idea of "Skill showing" either. It's certainly not necessary. I suggested it as a "Hook" of sorts that might draw some less experienced folks into coming in hopes of learning, but if my idea is off putting to some, then I'll forget the concept. It was suggested by others that we start by just getting to know each other, so don't let me force the idea of "Doin' work" if it's causing a lack of interest or is intimidating as opposed to interesting.

I/we(Mods and those that are charged with organizing) are hoping to do what appeals to the masses. Even later down the line when we DO have classes and members are doing classes & selling wares, it won't be mandatory. It'll be open to those who WANT to take part. I can't speak for everyone, but I am willing to help pro bono on anything that I can. I'm a firm believer in Capitalism, but I am an even bigger believer in helping people and doing what we can to help grow our community. People could come and hang out the whole time if they'd like! Whatever sounds most appealing.I got this idea from another M&G in the NW United States that focuses on primitive living. Some folks sell things, some teach courses, but all the people fellowship and get to know each other. Some people take their kids and treat it as a vacation, some go to learn things, and others go to eat things they'd never heard of... Whatever the draw is, I'd like to have a little of everything so that each person can find a place to be with folks that are on the same page as them.

In short... YES! By all means do whatever you'd like as far as M&G go. If you would keep us posted on where & when or at least how things went, we would greatly appreciate it. That way those who are still "On the fence" could see how good a time you're having and it might push them that little bit and get them to attend.

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I tried but everyone seems gun shy....

Latest posts