Online ammo

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Mountain*Heart

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good online ammo site. I have never ordered ammo online before and not sure which site to trust and go to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Midway, http://www.midwayusa.com/
Cabelas, http://www.cabelas.com/home.jsp
Sportsmans Warehouse, http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/
Able Ammo, http://www.ableammo.com/
Cheaper than Dirt, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

I had good luck with these folks though not always cheaper. I would try locally first because shipping prices can ruin a good deal, getting them online should be the last resort because of shipping charges.

Edited: My orders generally run 25-30lbs shipping runs between $15-$20 on top of the good deals, get bulk if possible or order in quantities ;) my last order was $234 @ 78lbs, shipping charges $48 for a total of $282, in some cases shipping is cheaper then local sales tax (if any) generally taxes is cheaper so weigh the differences in cost.

Last edited:

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
My advice is never order ammo online.
Of course, my advice is to always pay cash for it too.
Otherwise, always a paper trail of who's buying what.
I've never bought a single round of ammo that has a trail.

Simply because, when the time comes where they want to take all our guns, that metadata is all there, data-mined and ready to go. They'll know just what weapons you have based on the ammo, so no chance at even hiding away a spare (unless multiples that shoot the same type...). I don't think the government is out to get us...but I do think they are out to completely disarm us, eventually.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't imagine they will ever go door to door confiscating guns. More likely they will just outlaw them, and then you go to jail or pay heavy fines if you get caught with them. I do think it's likely we will see them banned one day. I still think I'd rather deal with the law after defending myself against someone intending me harm.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I've never bought online yet, as when I get to shipping it usually ends up more than local. Buying in bulk may help, but it's always worth shopping around before throwing out your hard earned money. I would love to buy in bulk, but it's just too darned expensive! I try to pick up a little every now and then, but it's a long process!

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
Most ammo I can get local . Reloading supplies I have to order and if I include powder in the order its a extra $25 hazzardous shipping charge but thats better than driving 80 miles and they dont have it . I always like it when I order ammo and the UPS driver will always say whats that whats in ther lead and I always say yep .

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Yes I remember reading in a US survival mag and seeing it on TV of a couple of preppers who had been stockpiling ammo and bulk buying who because of either poor opsec or accident caught the attention of I think it was your ATF ?? and they got raided and not only lost all the gear but were charged with numerous felonies.

My advice is never order ammo online.
Of course, my advice is to always pay cash for it too.
Otherwise, always a paper trail of who's buying what.
I've never bought a single round of ammo that has a trail.

Simply because, when the time comes where they want to take all our guns, that metadata is all there, data-mined and ready to go. They'll know just what weapons you have based on the ammo, so no chance at even hiding away a spare (unless multiples that shoot the same type...). I don't think the government is out to get us...but I do think they are out to completely disarm us, eventually.

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Yes I remember reading in a US survival mag and seeing it on TV of a couple of preppers who had been stockpiling ammo and bulk buying who because of either poor opsec or accident caught the attention of I think it was your ATF ?? and they got raided and not only lost all the gear but were charged with numerous felonies.
Generally something else brings in the ATF stock piling ammo isn't illegal in most states, I've seen many 'so-called' survivalist belong to questionable groups preaching the overthrow of the government then add ammo stock piling is going to grab the attention of someone, belonging to a survival group is one thing but when that group is or becomes militant then the gloves are off. The whole point to being a survivalist is survival not suicide. For the young ones that may read theses post, survival is an art to be practiced, think Bushcraft/Bushman NOT combat training!!

Last edited:

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned regarding a paper trail, purchasing a new firearm already gives them access to ones name whether cash is used or not
Well yeah, already in there then. Me, I just buy any firearms from private sellers for cash. I don't have anything crazy, standard home defense stuff, but then I'm also cheap too, hehe... :D (or frugal if you're being nice).

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I stay within the law, with everything. Heck, I don't even speed as its not worth the price of a ticket. I don't care how society labels us or judges us, having a gun with some ammo isn't anti govt. or anything else, it's just smart. I think every citizen in the country should have at least one firearm, and know how to safely use it. I just saw on the news where ramadi is being overrun by isis. All the unarmed civilians are fleeing, and will be lucky to find a refugee camp somewhere. I live in redneck country, and almost everyone has a weapon, usually multiples. If anyone ever attacked here, they would have more to worry about with the civilians than the military. Seriously, I don't think I'll ever see a foreign invader here in my lifetime but I do think that the police are the only barrier between lawless looting and crime, and there aren't that many police compared to the number of people. It wouldn't take much of a disaster to disrupt our sense of security. Having a way to protect yourself from people who would do you harm is just common sense.

realisticdude

Reaction score
Natchez shooters supplies ....... Bulk ammo............... never had a problem with either......................also ordered gear from Midway ( not ammo ).......................the paper trail ends at the muzzle of my AR .

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Nothing illicit, just that when you see the level of gun control or banning some of our politicians espouse, and what's already been passed, we aren't far from them being banned outright. So, I'd rather be already set, is all.

realisticdude

Reaction score
Nothing illicit, just that when you see the level of gun control or banning some of our politicians espouse, and what's already been passed, we aren't far from them being banned outright. So, I'd rather be already set, is all.
......................As they say in the 9TH ward......... " true dat "........................ I love being........ ALREADY.

Latest posts