Ohio Preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedMan56

Reaction score
If I/We wanted to get together in the Spring of next year, how would we go about doing this? I've never done a meet before but I would love to pass some knowledge onto everyone out there. I should be back in the States, around April'ish, and want to seriously start planning this out now. I think it would be fun, and a great vacation trip!

Sounds like a great idea and a lot of fun.

I would say right here (this thread) is a good place to get it organized.Phone numbers,names,emails and such can be sent through pm's.If we get some others involved,you can count me on board.

I'm always interested in meeting like minded folks,having a good time.Everyone can learn something from everyone from new skills to sharing post shtf recipe's and much more.

I've got a couple other fun ideas for a prepping get together,but i'll hold off till we see if any others jump on board.

For sure. First order of business is to find people who wound like to attend the small venue. Once we get the people that are going to attend we'll can move into site selection.

As for the people in attendance, should we set a limit or as many as possible?
Also, should they be registered to the forum to attend?
Should they fill out a registration form to make it official?

I may be interested but that time of year may be sketchy for me next year. I'll be getting ready to graduate college. However, since I don't know exactly what's going on then (who knows. Last semester could be a cakewalk...I hope.) it's possible I may be able to and then again maybe not.
I'm very new to prepping so I still have a lot to learn and it would be nice to learn some things with others who are more experienced.
What kinds of things were you thinking of doing?

I haven't given much thought yet, but since I do have plenty of skill gained from the military, i figured it would be along the lines of weapons retention, first aid/buddy aid, glass houses (clearing rooms), field/bush craft, and maybe some other stuffs. I would plan on it being on a weekend. Like friday, saturday, sunday. With enough advanced notice, people should be able to plan accordingly. Everything would tie in together though. Show up, get your briefing, build camp, etc etc. I know I may make it sound military'ish but it won't be. Structure is necessary in prepping...

I haven't given much thought yet, but since I do have plenty of skill gained from the military, i figured it would be along the lines of weapons retention, first aid/buddy aid, glass houses (clearing rooms), field/bush craft, and maybe some other stuffs. I would plan on it being on a weekend. Like friday, saturday, sunday. With enough advanced notice, people should be able to plan accordingly. Everything would tie in together though. Show up, get your briefing, build camp, etc etc. I know I may make it sound military'ish but it won't be. Structure is necessary in prepping...

MedMan56, where are you stationed and how long have you been in? You can PM me that so its not public. I did 15 years in the Amy before I was wounded in Iraq during my 2nd tour. I was Medically Retired Nov 2012. If I am healthy enough I would love to come. I have much info and teaching to pass on and can teach some classes if you would like. It just depends on my Heath. So will keep you posted, and you keep me posted as well.

7 years, Fort Sill. I would definetly appreciate it if you came. I think I have a few buds that live in ohio also that I was going to invite. Just keep an eye on the thread, and I will work on getting this thing set up.

I have been to FT. Sill 4 times for training! I hated it, always windy and cold! I will keep checking in as I can. Having a tough few weeks. I was in the hospital Thursday-Friday and probably will be having surgery again.

Latest posts

Back