Off-side carry

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago a pocket knife saved my life, but it almost killed me too. The pocket knife I was carrying was an old Buck knife and took two hands to open it. Shortly after that I bought a Benchmade automatic and carried it for years. Now I carry a spring assisted knife clipped to my right side tool pocket. For me it isn't so much for fighting bad guys, but more for cutting my way out of bad situations. Which for me is fairly common.

1681256133179.png

I think this might be relevant to this thread.

You’re the one that suggested “peeing in your hand covertly.” 😂😂😂
I did, and it has worked in some circumstances (not by me, but I was taught the technique).

Urine can also be used to make a high explosive if you know chemistry and have access to nitric acid and a few other things.

It can bleach hides, and remove fat from the visceral side.

It can also be used to fertilize plants if it's diluted and fermented in a specific way.

There are certain tactics and techniques (illusions) used by stage magicians to misdirect. Anyone who has done magic card tricks is aware of this.

Waving a blade around while crouched may provide an opportunity to pee in your hand (while adjusting your clothing or belt) and throwing the urine into the assailant's face.

The shock and incredulity made by such an unexpected event creates a "reaction gap" that the defender exploits to rush in with the blade as fast as possible.

When people stab, they tend to push the bade in and pull it straight out. It is a better practice to push the blade in and cut your way out with a diagonal movement which drastically increases the size of the wound, yet doesn't slow down the time that it takes to clear the blade from the body.

People often disregard the butt of the hilt in a knife fight, and this is a mistake. The butt of the hilt can be applied to pressure points like a yawara or a kuboton rod.

Scalp wounds bleed profusely, so slashes to the face or forehead may cause the assailant's vision to become impaired by blood getting in the eyes (although slashing is generally a bad practice in a knife fight).

A similar technique involves "flicking" a blood-covered blade toward the assailant's face to get blood in the eyes (like a kid waving a paint brush and splattering paint all over a wall). This can be practiced with a mix of corn syrup and tomato juice, a knife, and a department store mannequin.

It is a good practice to carry more than one knife, and these knives should be secreted in different parts of the body.

Everyone gravitates toward large knives, but there is a place (even a vital necessity) for small--or even tiny--blades.

Tiny blades can be hidden easier, and can be secreted in a way that escapes detection if one is, say, kidnapped and searched. Tiny blades may escape detection by a rapist, which would allow a victim to turn the tables on her (or his?) assailant when he is distracted by the rape process.

Stone age technology is mistakenly dismissed when discussing knives made of high-carbon steel or D2 alloy . . . yet a flint or obsidian knife secured to a piece of antler with sinew can be razor sharp, well balanced, free (made from natural materials) and--best of all--will escape discovery by a metal detector.

Please see below for an example:

1681352037014.png

Last edited:
Here is an arrowhead necklace.

1681353627636.png

If one had a sharp flint arrowhead and wore it over a shirt, then it may escape detection in plain sight.

Later, it can be covertly attached to a pencil or a popsicle stick with the necklace cord, and now you have a stabbing knife that escapes detection by a metal detector . . . that has been smuggled past all the guards.

I agree with some of what you have said. I for instance tend to carry smaller blades. Blades made of stone were replaced with metal for good reason, however if it’s all you have then sure. Wound complication is obviously something than anyone who has any training with a blade will be deeply familiar with. I for one prefer the rock method of would complication as twisting can bind the blade on clothing. Cutting out is also a good method depending on what the enemy is wearing. However, peeing in your hand is silly. Now if you want to blind someone to stab them then use a flashlight or OC spray. I once saw a guy have some luck throwing a beer bottle at someone’s face before engaging in the main attack. Never seen anyone kneel down, whip out their member, pee in their hand, and then through all of this not get boot party before using it as a weapon. It’s just not practical.

We may need to agree to disagree.

I do agree that it's distasteful . . . but that's the whole point. Urine can cause temporary blindness, distraction, and even invoke senseless rage in the opponent . . . and all of these responses can be exploited by the knife fighter.

Also, anyone who aspires to fight with a knife should read a Japanese classic called A Book of Five Rings, by an author named Musashi Miyamoto. It was was written around 1645, and is just as relevant today.

P.S. It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

P.P.S. The pee thing depends entirely upon deception, misdirection, slight of hand, and situational awareness in order to work. Stage magicians misdirect intentionally when doing "close up" magic. Without the misdirection and deception . . . I agree that the idea of using urine in a fight is worthless.

Last edited:
We may need to agree to disagree.

I do agree that it's distasteful . . . but that's the whole point. Urine can cause temporary blindness, distraction, and even invoke senseless rage in the opponent . . . and all of these responses can be exploited by the knife fighter.

Also, anyone who aspires to fight with a knife should read a Japanese classic called A Book of Five Rings, by an author named Musashi Miyamoto. It was was written around 1645, and is just as relevant today.

P.S. It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

P.P.S. The pee thing depends entirely upon deception, misdirection, sleight of hand, and situational awareness in order to work. Stage magicians misdirect intentionally when doing "close up" magic. Without the misdirection and deception . . . I agree that the idea of using urine in a fight is worthless.
The book of five rings is a good book. Read it when I was a kid.

Must be a Florida thing. The only way I can envision discreetly peeing in my hand is if I am wearing loose athletic shorts...which I never ever do. Getting into position to discreetly pee in my hand in my normal attire would be a two handed affair that would be WAY WAY too difficult if not impossible to do discreetly.

Must be a Florida thing. The only way I can envision discreetly peeing in my hand is if I am wearing loose athletic shorts...which I never ever do. Getting into position to discreetly pee in my hand in my normal attire would be a two handed affair that would be WAY WAY too difficult if not impossible to do discreetly.
A two-handed affair? You must be blessed.

I'm jealous.

Last edited:
As I said, misdirection.

How many times have you seen gang bangers and some construction workers (when a woman walks by) grab the crotch with both hands . . . usually while yelling crude obscenities?

This can be used as a source of misdirection and deception.

Latest posts

Back