Off grid with no internet Security Cameras

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good security camera system that can be hard wired so it is usable without internet connection? I’m looking to set one up with numerous cameras. The farthest ones at about 350’ away. We currently have a security system with lights that come on and it alerts us on our cell phones. But I believe we need one that is run off battery/solar and has a monitor to watch in the house.

Is there a type of deer cam you like best? If the cellular system is out, there won’t be a connection though…
I have an XV7000i

There's cams that connect to wifi. Like this Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera - 1 Pack - Wireless Security, 2K Video & HDR, Color Night Vision, 2 Way Audio, Wire-Free, Direct to WiFi No Hub Needed, White - VMC4050P

I have the older rechargeable battery versions of these. Which I don't like. I have 3 range extenders through out my property in all the building's.

If I remember my computer networking, running wire has a limitation of 300 ft.
You get more out of out of Wi-Fi
Repeaters when you have electrical sources extend this
20yr old Cisco CCNA. I am sure things have changed.

We have some Wi-Fi extenders so we get cell connection in the barn and out in the vineyard.

I have an XV7000i

There's cams that connect to wifi. Like this Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera - 1 Pack - Wireless Security, 2K Video & HDR, Color Night Vision, 2 Way Audio, Wire-Free, Direct to WiFi No Hub Needed, White - VMC4050P

Great idea! It looks like it would do what I want. Really like the audio and Night Vision. We have cameras in the house and on the porches and decks with those capabilities.

Does anyone know of a good security camera system that can be hard wired so it is usable without internet connection? I’m looking to set one up with numerous cameras. The farthest ones at about 350’ away. We currently have a security system with lights that come on and it alerts us on our cell phones. But I believe we need one that is run off battery/solar and has a monitor to watch in the house.

Look on Amazon, my daughter's boyfriend just bought a set of 8 or 10 hard wired cameras for less then 200.00, more like around 150.00. I saw the monitor and the pictures were pretty nice.

Latest posts

Back