Odd isnt it.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha And gas guzzling helicopters are flying around dumping junk on the wind turbines so they don't freeze, and electricity is being spared in homes in Tx to keep the wind turbines going.
Totally retarded.

Hmm our turbines have heating elements in their blades incase it gets cold

I am not so concerned with people that don’t think it’s worth worrying about prepping. With as much that has happened in the world and it being plastered all over the news people know the risks. I’ve tried to just focus on what I need to care for my immediate loved ones here. It would be great if the masses thought more about taking care of themselves but I doubt that is going to happen.

The newbie preppers last March are pandemic preppers. The newbies now can be snowpreppers.
I just hope they continue after this week. Actually, the snow preppers aren't preppers yet, because they don't have anything to prep with. If I was not a prepper and lived in Tx, right now would be a good time to vacation in Florida for a week.

Some event must have prompted all of you to be preppers, or some thought. Maybe that was or could be the subject of a thread.

A conversation in a foxhole whilst in the army circa 1979 / 81 ish which persuade me i needed to take care of my own family after my government spent hundreds of millions of pounds building bunkers for themselves, government documents, the Crown jewels , senior civil servants, art treasures but NOTHING on the civilian population saying it was not economically viable to protect the public, just the elite. THAT was went I became a fledgling survivalist and a republican.

Ok let me further the thread derailment. As a kid in grade school during the 60's I remember all the Civil Defense drums in the back of the cafeteria. My teens were in the Boy Scouts and than I joined the Navy. Living in a hurricane zone one learns quickly about survival. Watching the current political administration disregard our rights I believe has pushed many of us into a corner we don't want to be in.

Its funny and sad to watch lots of people thinking that we are the crazy ones,then something happens and the same people starts to hoard stuff ( most of which they dont even really need ) just so they can get back to nornal behaviour after the situation passes and again act like there is no way with technology today that anything could go wrong.They dont see it as bad anymore because they got used to it and see it as the new normal.

Seen it here with quite a lot of people.Got ridiculed, then the pandemic thing happened and some started prepping and asking for help, now that the situation only got worse 90% of those people got back to thinking that the gov will take of them.

Learned my lesson.... not gonna help those who tend to forget so easily.

We have many windmills in Montana and I never heard of them freezing. Different lubrication? Different engineering? Heating the blades? I'd heat the bearings. but then I'm an oil guy.

The blades ice up like airplane wings and go out of balance, thats why they get heated of have deicer nozzles.

Latest posts

Back