Odd isnt it.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
Isnt it odd that,

Before 911 or 7/7 Preppers were ridiculed, mocked and abused, and our stockpiling was condemned as hoarding, our efforts at self reliance as “odd” and we were seen as selfish fear mongers.

After 911 or 7/7 The Establishment ( globally) sort of tolerated prepping and many governmental and NGO agencies started suggesting citizens you build their own Disaster Emergency Kits and store supplies to weather storms and disasters, but we were still looked down upon by the MSM and many establishment types as being radicals outside of civilised society.

But in this Covid 19 crisis we see NO ONE is mocking preppers any more, not even cynical governments or TV hosts, Almost every agency issue PLANS FOR CITIZENS to build Bobs and Caches and they openly encourage everyone to BE PREPARED.. Articles in globally respected new papers state openly Preppers were right to get ready for the unforseen.

Now just about every celeb, dot.com billionaire, many of our ruling elites are now ardent preppers…. just like us.

I think that over the last 20 years we have proven our community and its beliefs to not only being RIGHT, but pretty darn essential in these strange times.

I dont want to say ” I told you so” but I am thinking it. BUT I also know NOW that I NEED to learn and interact with others on forums exactly like this one and others similar to this one.

Elder stepson just called his mother. He is without power and has NO backup plan. He has food, as he had just finished shopping. He does not have any way to prepare the food. No camping equipment, no BBQ and now now cooking stove. Of course his refrigerator is down too, so he is moving his perishables out to the balcony. No coolers either, so if the temps get back above freezing, he can kiss his frozen foods goodbye.

His mother (my wife) plans to have a little prepper talk with him, after things get back to normal. Live and learn.

Isnt it odd that,

Before 911 or 7/7 Preppers were ridiculed, mocked and abused, and our stockpiling was condemned as hoarding, our efforts at self reliance as “odd” and we were seen as selfish fear mongers.

After 911 or 7/7 The Establishment ( globally) sort of tolerated prepping and many governmental and NGO agencies started suggesting citizens you build their own Disaster Emergency Kits and store supplies to weather storms and disasters, but we were still looked down upon by the MSM and many establishment types as being radicals outside of civilised society.

But in this Covid 19 crisis we see NO ONE is mocking preppers any more, not even cynical governments or TV hosts, Almost every agency issue PLANS FOR CITIZENS to build Bobs and Caches and they openly encourage everyone to BE PREPARED.. Articles in globally respected new papers state openly Preppers were right to get ready for the unforseen.

Now just about every celeb, dot.com billionaire, many of our ruling elites are now ardent preppers…. just like us.

I think that over the last 20 years we have proven our community and its beliefs to not only being RIGHT, but pretty darn essential in these strange times.

I dont want to say ” I told you so” but I am thinking it. BUT I also know NOW that I NEED to learn and interact with others on forums exactly like this one and others similar to this one.
Hey Bill , you are correct on that prepping is becoming more common place after all that we have been thru over the past years, it has been gaining popularity and with all the survival movies as well as the internet . Most people didn’t know where to start but to some of us it’s like what our grand parents did only more long term. It a way of life everybody should learn, you never know what event will happen that may to cause panic buying. The next toilet paper shortage may be just around the corner. Lol

just dreaming >> no more than a month before this whole Covid crap exploded - I expressed my belief in pandemic prepping - got ridiculed & poooo poohed royally >>> same thing today with PROPERLY PREPPING for a FULL TILT PANDEMIC - these half azz sheeple calling themselves preppers actually think this is as bad as it gets - OMG there was a TP and bottled water shortage!!!!!!

I see absolutely no concern with what Biden is going with his agenda - NO AWARENESS WHAT-SO-EVER >>> Biden's dream of a Middle East war is possibly days away - not even media mentioned that he's refused contact with Isreal since he took office - a Lebanon & Syria proxy war bringing in Iran is in the immediate offing >> and Biden is actually egging it on ....

In icy TX tonight the power companies have been turning off the power supplies to protect the infrastructure from overload damage, 2.5 million with power going on and off. Insanity.
Yep, we have rolling blackouts (power is out right now) where I am in central TX and it's going to below 10 degrees F tonight. I am glad I am prepared. I quickly put together a little stove out of tea lights and a wire rack to heat water, etc. because I didn't feel like getting my camping gear from the trunk of my car. Plenty of blankets and I'll be sleeping all cozy tonight.

In icy TX tonight the power companies have been turning off the power supplies to protect the infrastructure from overload damage, 2.5 million with power going on and off. Insanity.
We didnt seen any blackouts here. My mom saw only one which lasted 1 1/2 hours but sis had her electricity out since 7:30 am and may not be back up until Wed. My Uncle who lives near Huntsville has no water becasue city line froze.

Years ago we even had an ice storm in California. The trees broke and the power went out. I can't believe anyone having even a little taste of that would not go to the store and get a propane camp stove, some water and some food for a couple days when they hear of an ice storm coming. Am I wrong?????

Years ago we even had an ice storm in California. The trees broke and the power went out. I can't believe anyone having even a little taste of that would not go to the store and get a propane camp stove, some water and some food for a couple days when they hear of an ice storm coming. Am I wrong?????
You are not wrong, but you have lived thru one years ago. . . along with so many others that dont ususally experience this type of weather. Difference is, you still remember and have prepare for this type of situation, but some tend to have a very short attention span.

Prepping is not just about who is President or what party is in control , it about hard times, crap going wrong in you city or state. The tp comment was just for example and for giggles, a true preppier would have already had that covered. My preps are good I was only making a comment on those that wait till something happens before giving any thought to how they will survive.

Our current temp is negative 6. Supposed to get to negative 11 tonight. Not better tomorrow, and am not looking forward to morning chores tomorrow. We have power and propane. Wood burning stove heats this place, mostly, but it is very cold, so we do have a few electric oil heaters going, too. We have car batteries charged with inverters ready to go in the house for husband's medical equipment if we do lose power. Not much different around here unless you step out the door.
You've made a good point, Acdoctor, but these pandemic preppers really should of learned last March. I personally gave 3 families crash courses in food storage last spring. People are either going to be prepared to take care of themselves or not. Some people like to learn the hard way, and some never learn.

@Acdoctor I started out to being a mini prepper back in 2000, but it has just expanded from there and now that I live on a farm, that means we can grow and raise our food. It was never about who the President was for me, but whatever hard times I may have to face. And in my opinion Obama was difficult for some. We saw a major hike in our health care cost and with taxes. With Trump, the average Americans benefited due to the tax cuts so I will admit some of my preps declined during his years but that was also when we fealt with my Hunny's Mom coming to live with us and we had many other projects to do along with her care. I am 100% back into the game. . . especially now that we have Biden. I find him and his puppet masters are a great push forward.

@Acdoctor I started out to being a mini prepper back in 2000, but it has just expanded from there and now that I live on a farm, that means we can grow and raise our food. It was never about who the President was for me, but whatever hard times I may have to face. And in my opinion Obama was difficult for some. We saw a major hike in our health care cost and with taxes. With Trump, the average Americans benefited due to the tax cuts so I will admit some of my preps declined during his years but that was also when we fealt with my Hunny's Mom coming to live with us and we had many other projects to do along with her care. I am 100% back into the game. . . especially now that we have Biden. I find him and his puppet masters are a great push forward.
That my exact thought, my grand parents taught us to put up and save when times were good for the times that were not. same principle for most things , food , money ,life essentials. True preppers don’t worry about how we are going to eat today, tomorrow , next week or the next 12 months, although we may not have everything our little harts desire , we will not go hungry or be without essentials.

Latest posts

Back