Nuclear War & Survival Help

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bigger nuclear threat is what will happen to the nuclear plants if they lose both primary and backup power in a SHTF situation. If that happens, meltdown, and the same thing we saw in Chernobyl or Japan.
Here's a map showing the areas affected. You can zoom in to see where you fall.

http://www.nrdc.org/nuclear/fallout/

Luckily, according to this, we should be good, but just to be safe, we'd shelter for at least 48 hours to two-weeks, depending on the event. (assuming it happens after building my redoubt bunker).
This is also why a Geiger Counter should be part of EVERY prepper's tools. You can pick up modern versions for less than $100. While nuclear war isn't a big possibility...the nuclear disaster is an almost certain consequence if the grid goes down.

Personally, if I was North Korea or a terrorist, I'd ship a big nuke in a cargo container, and then blow it up in a major harbor. I think that's a more realistic threat than any missile or bomb. Even still, it'd be a groundburst detonation, so less of an area, and most likely around 2-5mt tops. Still enough to take out a large chunk of a big city though. I'm sure DHS is fully aware of the threat too, so hopefully, there are a lot of protocols in place, but we get SO many of these containers daily, I just have to be a little worried (if I lived or worked in a port city)....

I wish Vegas had the same odds! If you wanna prep for nuclear strike, by a plot and a casket.

You'd be surprised. A nuclear war is a LOT more survivable than you think it is. I used to think the same way, until I did the research. There are many areas that won't even be affected. Also, there are a lot less active nukes around, and the average mt of these weapons is way less than during the Cold War. Add the missile defense system in to limit it more (it is far from full-proof or even highly effective), and you're not looking at a WarGames kind of event.

As we know here, always good to PLAN for the worst, but it's really not warranted. As stated, Un has nothing to gain by actually attacking, just by threatening.

CDC to hold briefing on how public can prepare for nuclear war
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-nu...r-emergency-preparation-north-korea-tensions/

When we have politicians and Government entities going around striking fears it's no wonder people are nervous. All I can say is deja vu of the red scare past.

"Both former Vice President Joe Biden and Admiral Mike Mullen have said in recent days that they worry the U.S. has never been closer to nuclear war with North Korea" when we get comments like this it does nothing but a disservice to reality with adverse consequences!

And I've never been closer to being a millionaire, because I bought a Lotto ticket... See? It's a "true" statement, though not a likely outcome....lol.

This kind of fear mongering though, is really just another daily dig at our current administration. See? Look how horrible he is!!! Oh my God! Most of us are just plain sick of it.

Preparing for such a disaster takes on many aspects. You will need to do the regular preps like laying in food, but a solid communication plan will also have to be set up. There is so much to learn about radiation and shielding. It is best to start sooner than later. No matter how well prepared we are though, one has to wonder when it comes to widespread nuclear war how well can we possibly prepare. The results of such a catastrophe are lasting and widespread.

More spam the guy is using the forum to advertise his magazine. Offgrid magazine is vastly superior in quality and far better produced. .

1. Старт Сатаны

-----
2. Старт Сармата
(there is no such apparatus in America)
unpredictable rocket

----
3. Hypersonic missile launch
(there is no such missile in America)

4. Посейдон, the underwater nuclear apparatus that could destroy the entire US East Coast

5. Кинжал, Hypersonic missile to destroy American aircraft carriers.

6. Буревесник. nuclear powered rocket
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okS76WHh6FI

Americans .. relax .. you have no Defense against Russian weapons.
The Soviet Union lagged behind America in weapons technology.
But modern Russia is 25 years ahead of you.
=====
let's better discuss how to live, make money, cook food.
it's good.
:cool:

ec9cf54288e9d82bdcc25fffac9c92b19d4c06cfr1-630-630v2_00.jpg

🤣 🤣

-------------------
2. there is a great survival game on google play.
Day R Survival
unnamed (3).jpg

-----
learn Russian and play.
You'll like it
🤣🤣🤣

=====
it's good.

Tacamo ops says otherwise..... NDA;) agree...better to live, love, eat good food, watch sunrises and sunsets....

Last edited:
1. Старт Сатаны

-----
2. Старт Сармата
unpredictable rocket

----
3. Hypersonic missile launch
(there is no such missile in America)

4. Посейдон, the underwater nuclear apparatus that could destroy the entire US East Coast

5. Кинжал, Hypersonic missile to destroy American aircraft carriers.

6. Буревесник. nuclear powered rocket
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okS76WHh6FI

=====
it's good.

That's exactly what we want you to believe.

Nukes are a side show, the shift is to MOAB's. No radiation, allows for faster recovery and use of farmlands.
If a nuclear exchange occurs they will be small tacticals on the high seas to counter carriers battle groups.

Nukes are a side show, the shift is to MOAB's. No radiation, allows for faster recovery and use of farmlands.
If a nuclear exchange occurs they will be small tacticals on the high seas to counter carriers battle groups.

MOABs are too heavy thus limited to the way it's deployed, yield to weight gives the nuke the advantage.

no way in hell are the Tomahawk type nukes going to be restricted to attacking the US naval task forces >> any Russian or Chinese attack will be initiated with a timed massive off shore launch - minutes to target - toooo eazy & cheap an attack weapon - China already has 100s & 100s of CONEX box launchers ready to load on US bound cargo ships ....

no way in hell are the Tomahawk type nukes going to be restricted to attacking the US naval task forces >> any Russian or Chinese attack will be initiated with a timed massive off shore launch - minutes to target - toooo eazy & cheap an attack weapon - China already has 100s & 100s of CONEX box launchers ready to load on US bound cargo ships ....
you do not know the Military Strategic Doctrine of Russia, so you write nonsense.
Do not watch CNN or read American newspapers, especially on the Internet.
=====
1.The strategic doctrine of the USSR was the first to prohibit the use of nuclear weapons.
2. Russia's strategic doctrine permits the use of nuclear weapons if Russia's independence is threatened by danger.

Last edited:
you do not know the Military Strategic Doctrine of Russia, so you write nonsense.
Do not watch CNN or read American newspapers, especially on the Internet.
=====
1.The strategic doctrine of the USSR was the first to prohibit the use of nuclear weapons.
2. Russia's strategic doctrine permits the use of nuclear weapons if Russia's independence is threatened by danger.

Spent a little time back in the 80's watching the Russian homeland from an altitude of 321 800 meters, or there about. And yes, I saw you sneak that extra oladyi, shame on you....

Latest posts

Back