Novice Prepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggs

Reaction score
Hello All - Stumbled across this forum a few days ago. Here to pick up ideas/info on prepping. Unfortunately, I'm the only prepper in my family. Husband thinks if anything "that devastating" should occur, prepping would be a waste of time. I'm not that pesimistic :). My prepping so far is very meager to say the least: water/wind proof matches, mag bars, water purification pills, signal mirrors, paracord, compass, and other small items. As for food, recently purchased large quanity of gallon size mylar bags and O2 absorbers. I figure might as well try to store enough food for my foolish family members. Have began buying rice and beans for long term storage, along with extra canned goods. There is so much more needed. Look forward to learning from all of you...

Welcome Maggs :) Always happy to see more and more women joining the site. We have a newly added addition to the forum for Lady Preppers and I hope to see your posts there soon as well as on the other boards too! I started out small with the things that you are talking about as well, and my SO had the same thoughts as yours, but he has now joined the prepper world lol he's not a member here but he is on board with prepping for anything that should happen, be it a power outage or civil war lol I hope that you find all that you are looking for and that the support from ppl here will keep you going in your preps. I know that it can seem hard to do and overwhelming when you are on your own with it, but we are here for you!

Thanks hj - appreciate the welcome. Saw the ladies section - great idea. I'm sure I will be taking more info than I can offer at this point in time. Not giving up on the hubs just yet :D

Hello All - Stumbled across this forum a few days ago. Here to pick up ideas/info on prepping. Unfortunately, I'm the only prepper in my family. Husband thinks if anything "that devastating" should occur, prepping would be a waste of time. I'm not that pesimistic :). My prepping so far is very meager to say the least: water/wind proof matches, mag bars, water purification pills, signal mirrors, paracord, compass, and other small items. As for food, recently purchased large quanity of gallon size mylar bags and O2 absorbers. I figure might as well try to store enough food for my foolish family members. Have began buying rice and beans for long term storage, along with extra canned goods. There is so much more needed. Look forward to learning from all of you...
Thanks hj - appreciate the welcome. Saw the ladies section - great idea. I'm sure I will be taking more info than I can offer at this point in time. Not giving up on the hubs just yet :D
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

There are a lot of members on here who's significant other, initially, is not on board with the whole prepping scenario, but most of them do come around.
We have very knowledgeable members on here who are eager to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome, maggs. Thanks for not giving up on your hubby. It took me a while to get my wife into it. She was raised with a "Prepping" Dad, but the rest of her fam(5 girls and a mom) were NOT at all interested. I guess it's good that 2 1/2 of the guys the girls married are pretty much lifelong preppers. ANyways, my wife was always sort of into outdoors stuff, and loved shooting, but the idea of roughing it out in the sticks for who knows how long was not her idea of fun or interesting.

I hope you learn what you're looking for, and please don't be afraid to share with us what you have learned, too. You would be amazed at what a fresh mind can bring into a think tank. It seems like your starting equipment is right there with what I started with. I had always had firearms around, but when I started thinking of sticking it out, I started with pretty much the same things you have started with!

I look forward to having you around!

Latest posts

Back