Not looking to good in Minnesota,

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-p...ate-minnesota-streets-over-death-george-floyd

I watched the video, the officers involved should be charged with manslaughter at the very least.

Chaos broke out on Tuesday night in Minneapolis as protesters took to the streets to demand action after the death of George Floyd in police custody a day earlier.

Police fired rubber bullets, tear gas and stun grenades on some protesters, reports said. The protest started peacefully but the situation deteriorated and some demonstrators were seen breaking windows of police cars and hurling rocks, reports said.

Floyd, 46, died Monday night and video later emerged showing the man on the ground with a police officer pressing his knee against Floyd's neck. Footage released of the incident showed Floyd shouting, “I cannot breathe” and “Don’t kill me.”

GEORGE FLOYD'S COUSINS SPEAK OUT ABOUT HEARTBREAK OVER HIS DEATH IN MINNEAPOLIS POLICE CUSTODY

Officers had responded to a call from a grocery store that claimed Floyd had allegedly used a forged check.

Floyd's death sparked new tensions between police and the black community.

“We’re here to let them know this can’t be tolerated, there will be severe consequences if they continue to kill us this will not go on another day,” a protester said, according to Minneapolis's WCCO-TV.

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat, released a statement on Tuesday and called it another "horrifying and gutwrenching instance of an African American man dying."

The protests began on the south side of Minneapolis, near where Floyd was arrested. Protesters were seen sitting in the crosswalks and using their own vehicles to block traffic. Organizers emphasized keeping this protest peaceful, but chaos began to swell during the day, according to Fox 9 Minneapolis.

Some carried signs reading “I can’t breathe” and “Jail killer KKKops," according to the Guardian.

Protesters continued to block traffic during the evening. As the crowds grew, the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota reminded protesters to keep their distance to help stop the spread of COVID-19, WCCO reported.

The sounds of motorcycles revving were also captured on video as they sent crowds running during the protest, with many demonstrators confused as to what was happening, according to the station.

The protesters later moved toward the Minneapolis Police Department's 3rd precinct where crowds swelled. People were seen throwing rocks at the building, as well as at police cruisers -- with one being sprayed with paint, according to FOX 9.

Protesters threw water and milk bottles at the officers, shouting “pigs” and “how could you," the Guardian reported. Police fired green teargas and stun grenades to disperse the crowd approaching the station.

“It’s real ugly. The police have to understand that this is the climate they have created, this is the climate they created,” another protester said, according to WCCO.

As rains came down in the city, demonstrators were seen using carts at a Target store as cover before police launched tear gas.

The four officers were terminated Tuesday. Klobuchar called a step in the right direction on Tuesday.

"Those responsible must still be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law," she added. "Justice must be served."

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, later called the actions by police "a disgusting display."

"I’m here on the southside, helping people as I can with milk, water, and towels," she said. "So far, I have been unable to prevent the police from firing indiscriminately into the crowd. Moments ago, I held a towel to a teenage girls head as blood poured from it"

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey announced Tuesday that the officers involved had been fired after they were initially placed on paid leave. The FBI and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) are investigating Floyd's death.

Ben Crump, an attorney for the Floyd family, told TMX.news the officer shown in the video with his knee on Floyd's neck should be charged with murder and that the other officers should be charged as accomplices.

"They were supposed to protect and serve citizens like George," Crump said. "We in black America, we are done dying at the hands of the people who are supposed to protect and serve us."

Police said the man appeared to be intoxicated and that he resisted arrest, although it wasn't clear if that was accurate.

Floyd's death has prompted comparisons to that of Eric Garner, an African-American man whose death was brought on by an illegal chokehold during a 2014 interaction with New York City police. A video showed Garner repeatedly stating "I can't breathe" while being choked on the ground.

The president of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis, Lt. Bob Kroll, said that the union intends to provide full support to the officers involved in the incident -- who have yet to be identified by authorities.

“Now is not the time rush to judgment and immediately condemn our officers,” Kroll said, according to WCCO. “An in-depth investigation is underway. Our officers are fully cooperating. We must review all video. We must wait for the medical examiner’s report.”

Last edited:
this is not good,,,,,these people have a right to be angry but they are not helping their cause ,,,MOB MENTALITY will not accomplish anything ,,,,,,,,

police are not very high on my approval list,in fact I have no time for them,,,,

but mobs are far worse for they don't care who they hurt or what they destroy,,,,,,,

I agree, I’m not thrilled with a lot of police behavior but realize they are necessary. I watched the video and it was really wrong. Of course it didn’t show while he was resisting or what led up to the restraint, but clearly the cop kept up the adrenaline much too long. If he isn’t charged with murder I would be surprised. I don’t envy the cops out there on the street. It would be hard to not take it personally when someone is fighting you and then not beat the shit out of them for it. I guess this is where the other cops should have stepped up and tried to bring that one back down once the guy was subdued and cuffed.
As far as riots with vandalism go, I am all for peaceful protests but think the rioting should be met with leathal force. I think of the small business owners that have their whole life’s work destroyed by an angry mob and it makes me sick. There are ways to make your point but destruction and looting isn’t an option and should be stopped immediately.

I agree, I’m not thrilled with a lot of police behavior but realize they are necessary. I watched the video and it was really wrong. Of course it didn’t show while he was resisting or what led up to the restraint, but clearly the cop kept up the adrenaline much too long. If he isn’t charged with murder I would be surprised. I don’t envy the cops out there on the street. It would be hard to not take it personally when someone is fighting you and then not beat the shit out of them for it. I guess this is where the other cops should have stepped up and tried to bring that one back down once the guy was subdued and cuffed.
As far as riots with vandalism go, I am all for peaceful protests but think the rioting should be met with leathal force. I think of the small business owners that have their whole life’s work destroyed by an angry mob and it makes me sick. There are ways to make your point but destruction and looting isn’t an option and should be stopped immediately.
Agree 100%.

Another issue has to do with policing.

We expect cops to have a certian amount of aggression when they do their jobs.

How can cops stay alive and do their job well if they become anxious about using force when dealing with criminals?

Agree 100%.

Another issue has to do with policing.

We expect cops to have a certian amount of aggression when they do their jobs.

How can cops stay alive and do their job well if they become anxious about using force when dealing with criminals?
being a cop is a shitty job not many people like them,their misdeeds are what make headlines most of the time so that does not help them,most of us the only time we see one is when they are writing us a ticket and many are real dicks when they are writing that ticket,,,,,,,,,

one thing I noticed a long time ago was that many cops were bully's or trouble makers in high school ,then they become cops with a badge and a gun and can do just about what they want to without repercussions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they make all of law enforcement look bad

being a cop is a shitty job not many people like them,their misdeeds are what make headlines most of the time so that does not help them,most of us the only time we see one is when they are writing us a ticket and many are real dicks when they are writing that ticket,,,,,,,,,

one thing I noticed a long time ago was that many cops were bully's or trouble makers in high school ,then they become cops with a badge and a gun and can do just about what they want to without repercussions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they make all of law enforcement look bad
Agree mostly.

You have a right to be angry and protest and call anyone any name you want. That is protected by the constitution.

BUT, you do not have the right to destroy other peoples property, even the police property. Why is it that when a mod gets angry and they start destroying their own community. I would expect the shop owners, in the area, to close shop and move out before the livelihood is destroyed and the same people, who destroyed private property will ask, why is the community failing....... (look in the mirror).

You have a right to be angry and protest and call anyone any name you want. That is protected by the constitution.

BUT, you do not have the right to destroy other peoples property, even the police property. Why is this that when a mod gets angry they start destroying their own community. I would expect the shop owners in the area to close shop and move out before the livelihood is totally destroyed and the same people will ask, why is the community failing....... (look in the mirror).
you might want to look at who is doing the protesting ,,,that has a lot to do with it,,,lack of education and low IQ's are a factor also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for lack of a better way to describe it ,,,,,,,,,,intelligent people don't shit in their own bed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT, you do not have the right to destroy other peoples property, even the police property. Why is it that when a mod gets angry and they start destroying their own community. I would expect the shop owners, in the area, to close shop and move out before the livelihood is destroyed and the same people, who destroyed private property will ask, why is the community failing....... (look in the mirror).

You also do not have the legal right even as a cop to kneel on someones neck.

Agree mostly, but I came of age in an era when Planned Parenthood clinics were being firebombed with Molotov cocktails.

I said the same thing back then: " Protest, but don't destroy."

The answer is that these fundementalists viewed themselves as the equivalent of the French Resistance . . . who were civilians who were blowing up and killing the Nazi occupiers during WWII.

As a Jew (and as a human being), I would like to believe that I would have been blowing things up with the Resistance during WWII.

The only question is how I should avoid the (reasonable) suggestion that I'm a hypocrite when I say that people shouldn't firebomb abortion clinics . . . or stage violent protests because cops wantonly kill people when they are the "wrong" skin color?

Last edited:

I understand aggression when someone is resisting arrest, but this guy was long past resisting. I watched the video and he just sits there for a while kneeling on his neck. And the other cop is just standing there. From what I've heard there were a couple other cops on the scene too. Once the guy is on the ground you'd think that together they could get him handcuffed put him in the cage in the cop car.
I think cops who do stuff like this are the same people who do mean things to others in any other part of life - like you said the high school bullies who now have a way to legally enforce their bullying. Then (if we're lucky) cops like these rightfully get in trouble for their evil actions and that reflects badly on other police officers who are trying to do the right thing and makes their job harder, making everyone less safe. It makes me sick.

I understand aggression when someone is resisting arrest, but this guy was long past resisting. I watched the video and he just sits there for a while kneeling on his neck. And the other cop is just standing there. From what I've heard there were a couple other cops on the scene too. Once the guy is on the ground you'd think that together they could get him handcuffed put him in the cage in the cop car.
I think cops who do stuff like this are the same people who do mean things to others in any other part of life - like you said the high school bullies who now have a way to legally enforce their bullying. Then (if we're lucky) cops like these rightfully get in trouble for their evil actions and that reflects badly on other police officers who are trying to do the right thing and makes their job harder, making everyone less safe. It makes me sick.

Yeah I saw that video too. Bottom line he is just a bad cop. Like everything else there are good ones and bad ones. Sometimes hard to tell the difference. Kick him off the force and prosecute him for murder and the ones standing around watching for accessory to the fact. Give the family and community their justice and then ask the hard questions. How did he get through the psych evaluation and how many others are there. Maybe this department needs some shaking up. New chief and superior officers is a good start.

Good God am I glad that I am in Germany. You can talk and joke with the cops here, they are still human.
I read a story of a cop writing a ticket for something small, he saw a man on a bicycle go through a red light or something, yelled for the guy to stop, no reaction, drew his gun, fired a warning shot and still no reaction. Shot the guy on the bicycle and killed him...found out later the guy was DEAF and did not hear anything and died for running a red light on a bike...Anybody hear or read something like this also???

Good God am I glad that I am in Germany. You can talk and joke with the cops here, they are still human.
I read a story of a cop writing a ticket for something small, he saw a man on a bicycle go through a red light or something, yelled for the guy to stop, no reaction, drew his gun, fired a warning shot and still no reaction. Shot the guy on the bicycle and killed him...found out later the guy was DEAF and did not hear anything and died for running a red light on a bike...Anybody hear or read something like this also???
I haven't heard this, but it doesn't surprise me. Did this happen in the U.S., or in Europe where you now live?

I can top that. Derbyshire police got a 999 call saying there was a young man with a samurai sword waving it around on a road in the town center threatening people. two cops sent to scene and proceed to TAZE a man they saw and shouted to stop who was walking away from them. He was a blind and partially deaf elderly gentleman tapping his way along the street with his white stick going to collect his pension. The two uniformed morons said they shouted to him and he did not respond ( deaf) they then thought his thin white stick was a Katana so they tazed him in the back then pinned him down.

I do actually question the thinking and psyche of people who want to be cops because a large part of their thinking must be a strong desire to CONTROL people.

But generally our cops outside city centers are approachable and quite friendly, recently I watched a PCSO playing soccer for 5 minutes with a couple of kids and another cop stopped to help a child put the chain back on his bicycle.

Most of my interactions with cops has left a bad taste in my mouth. Aggressive, rude and cold. Luckily I haven’t had much interaction. I know there are good cops out there and our society needs them, I just wish they could be more polite when dealing with average citizens. It does seem to be a thankless job and considering the real risks every day to them maybe I would become grumpy and hardened doing it as well. No matter though, this cop and the ones watching on look to be deserving of charges.

You also do not have the legal right even as a cop to kneel on someones neck.

Exactly!! police are not taught to restrain a person by choking them to death! I normally back our officers, but this one looks like he murdered without cause. But the riots, out of control destruction and theft just makes this a mob, not people genuinely concerned about Floyd’s death.

No. I’ve never experienced anything but good treatment from police officers my entire life. I’ve lived in a bunch of different states too. Since I had quite a lead foot I’ve been stopped more than a few times. Rarely a ticket though. :p I have great respect for what police officers do and put up with. That said, just like every other part of society, there are certainly bad ones that should never have been given the badge and power.

Latest posts

Back