Northern Indiana

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am a Prepper in northern Indiana. I want to propose a Northern Indiana prepper group. If or when SHTF we meet up at a pre-determined destination and help each other. What skill I can provide is being a mechanic.

Hi where in indiana are you. Im about 40 minute south of fort wayne IN.

I live in Tennessee but most of my family lives just outside Indianapolis. If SHTF more than likely I'll have to make my way up there to help them all. There all a bunch of city folks and have no idea what to do.

We also have family just outside Wabash that farm a few hundred acres. After getting family out we will probably head there if my older family members can move that far.

I live in Tennessee but most of my family lives just outside Indianapolis. If SHTF more than likely I'll have to make my way up there to help them all. There all a bunch of city folks and have no idea what to do.

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan

We also have family just outside Wabash that farm a few hundred acres. After getting family out we will probably head there if my older family members can move that far.
You do have a good plan. I am thinking of building a tiny house with prepping/bugging out in mind so I just have to think of a place to bug out to if I have to.

Case IH have you ever thought of teaming with members on here like armedbear2006 or myself and meet up at your family’s farm outside Wabash when SHTF? I know that could be a persec threat if SHTF but just an idea. You could set up a radio communication on arriving at the farm before the members get onto the property and deress phrase to tell you that a person is forced to bring outsiders onto the property so you could ambush the outsiders.

Last edited:
Carhugger_prep, to be honest I haven't thought about that just yet. I live in Tennessee and will eventually go to the farm if needed. Most of my family's supplies and resources are in Tennessee to include our cows, chickens, honey bees and large garden. I would love to team up with other preppers in the Tennessee area but also having preppers friends in Indiana would be very useful. The radio idea I have been working on and am currently reading the hand held radio reviews from the latest issue of OffGrid before making a purchase.

That is a really good review of gear in that magazine. But as for the prepper friends in indiana and Tennesse it is a good idea bc the bigger the network you build the better

Ok just felt like throwing the idea out there if you hadn't thought about it. I know I will get a handheld and car CB after starting my job next month.

So if SHTF and you need to bug out of Tennssee and the farm in Wabash is a no go feel free to radio me.

Last edited:
i was heading home one day from spending xmas in dallas tx.a guy had gotten a hand held cb for xmas..i forget what town he was in..but i do remember it got better distance then i figured it would..but yet i don't remember the distance it got.i need to get a cb for the van.another one for the home..

I want to add a CB to my truck whenever I get a chance. Anyone know if they make a CB radio handheld that I don't have to install into the truck? Thanks in advance y'all.

Midland makes some good ones some of the hand held radios come with 12volt car chargers and can get a good range of 30 - 40 miles

If SHTF and you are as far north as the Indiana/Michigan border with a CB just scan the channels and call the first part of my name out. That is just ask for “carhugger.”

Im not quite that far north im about 60 minutes south of fort wayne down in decature indiana

Midland GXT1000VP4 36-Mile 50-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair) (Black/Silver). This is the set that im going to get to go with my gear

Latest posts

Back