North American Tactical Traction Splint

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
I've treated lots of femur breaks in my time and suffered one myself in a parachute incident, so I am pleased to do a review of this item.

I recently purchased three North American Rescue Product (NARP) Tactical Traction Splints (TTS) for about $30, they retail off North American Rescue’s website for about $170, so I got these for a steal. I’ve never had the pleasure of using one of these splints as a medic, but I know a good product when I see one. I know there are people who are going to weigh in with the field expedient stuff. However, after inspecting the material and product literature, what I like about this traction splint is the ease of how the product will help expedite placing traction on a broken mid shaft femur. Had one of these been placed on my jump injury, I am sure it would have aided in a quicker recovery and prevented the damage of vital nerves that I suffer from today.

The NARP TTS provides the critical mechanical traction needed to relieve pain, increase patient comfort and reduce the possibility of further vascular and nerve damage. The product comes in its own nylon pouch that has the ability to reduce Infra-Red signature. What I most like about this system is that all the parts are highly identified in pouches and can be put together with ease. I tried this out on my son and within a few minutes, his leg was immobilized. Like I said, I have never used this in a real injury, but I see the expedient use of this product will “do no harm” to the patient. I recommend at a minimum, each prepper should have one of these tossed in your trauma bag.
NorthAmericanTractionSplint.jpg

I am trying to convince my son to be a volunteer again, so that I can make a video. So stay tuned. Also I went to the site and included a user guide and product guide. Like I said, I scooped these off Ebay and I am really glad I did.

Attachments

• INST-TTS-Instructions.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • PIS-TTS.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 3
I've treated lots of femur breaks in my time and suffereegET e myself in a parachute incident, so I am pleased to do a review of this item.

I recently purchased three North American Rescue Product (NARP) Tactical Traction Splints (TTS) for about $30, they retail off North American Rescue’s website for about $170, so I got these for a steal. I’ve never had the pleasure of using one of these splints as a medic, but I know a good product when I see one. I know there are people who are going to weigh in with the field expedient stuff. However, after inspecting the material and product literature, what I like about this traction splint is the ease of how the product will help expedite placing traction on a broken mid shaft femur. Had one of these been placed on my jump injury, I am sure it would have aided in a quicker recovery and prevented the damage of vital nerves that I suffer from today.

The NARP TTS provides the critical mechanical traction needed to relieve pain, increase patient comfort and reduce the possibility of further vascular and nerve damage. The product comes in its own nylon pouch that has the ability to reduce Infra-Red signature. What I most like about this system is that all the parts are highly identified in pouches and can be put together with ease. I tried this out on my son and within a few minutes, his leg was immobilized. Like I said, I have never used this in a real injury, but I see the expedient use of this product will “do no harm” to the patient. I recommend at a minimum, each prepper should have one of these tossed in your trauma bag.
View attachment 2499
I am trying to convince my son to be a volunteer again, so that I can make a video. So stay tuned. Also I went to the site and included a user guide and product guide. Like I said, I scooped these off Ebay and I am really glad I did.

We have a vers
I've treated lots of femur breaks in my time and suffered one myself in a parachute incident, so I am pleased to do a review of this item.

View attachment 2499

We have a version of this on some of our units, it works and is compact! However there are much better, eg: Stager or hare traction splints. Just my opinion! If you have this t/s it is far better than the alternative of a stick, rifle... Not knocking this device as they do work and as I said, they do work.
Good luck, be safe, God bless!

We have a vers

We have a version of this on some of our units, it works and is compact! However there are much better, eg: Stager or hare traction splints. Just my opinion! If you have this t/s it is far better than the alternative of a stick, rifle... Not knocking this device as they do work and as I said, they do work.
Good luck, be safe, God bless!

See good to have you back to comment on the stuff, I posted. Its been over 9 years since I did combat medicine or even emergency response. I am just getting a bit rusty in my old age, also doesn't help that I don't do this in my primary job anymore... Thanks for placing the comments. I have a Sager in my trauma bag and have used other traction splints in my old job. I just couldn't resist in the purchasing them for $30, if at any rate, they are better than the alternative. As would be the case, my two trauma nurses on our team would be bringing just about anything else they can grab if SHTF. Without a doubt, since he is an air nurse, has seen more trauma patients within the last five years than I've seen in the last 10, (which has only been 2 on a road in Texas). Thanks again for the comments Doc Pops, always glad to get your comments.

Latest posts

Back