Noobie Me

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moniker

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Prenna. I have always been paranoid about all things doomsday. I've never had any support from my family since they ,unlike me, don't think this is inevitable. I maybe a little over paranoid since I have plans for prepping myself for war, storms, zombies, astronomical disasters and financial collapse.

I had never considered getting guns before but am now thinking otherwise. I recently heard and agree that at such times marauders will be rampant and I feel that if I have made an effort unlike most others, I am not obliged in anyway to help out those who did nothing or simply chose to make fun or look down on me while i made ready for d-day. It will pretty much be every man for himself. I also fear being raped/abused and probably killed just because there would be no more law and most people would think they are entitled to everything during such a time.

So far I do not have the fund for an underground bunker. I have managed to stockpile food.
I find storing dry foods along with canned goods a good way to go. Simply cause its cheaper to buy dry pulses and beans etc in wholesale and pack them in air tight bags. The vacuum seal bags. And i've noticed that a can of dry beans soaked and cooked yield more quantities than a can of precooked beans.

I also have saved/collected a whole lotta seeds for a green house. If in case the current green house is destroyed it will be easy to simply restart it if I have the seeds. Water is a concern for me. I have enough that should last me and my husband for a year. But it would not help if we have to grow our own food. Can someone advice me of the water issue.

Should I get fences for defense ready? I fear survival for me will be harder since i am a female and i might be the first one to be shot since i am of color.

What is an appropriate underground bunker and how much will it cost?
Should i buy land with a lake and have it fenced? Will I be able to get there without being followed?

I am also considering solar energy. Learn to make solar cells and build solar panels for myself.
Maybe useful at least during the day time. Should i stockpile gas? What kind of cars/truck should i have for such a time? Should I have more than 1 vehicle?

Should I have a shed full of tool or simply have basic tools. Like say a saw and some soldering tools and auto repair stuff etc.

Any and all guidance will help. Thank you.

Welcome... you seem to have many questions and I hope that you find what you are looking for here on this site. I wish I had more time right now to to try to address some of your concerns, but I am about to walk out the door to do some christmas shopping. I will get back to you later on this evening. Until then, I am sure others will weigh in on your concerns! I'm glad to see more and more women joining!

Howdy Moniker!
Welcom to the group. I joined just yesterday and have found a lot of good info from intelligent people here.
You have some of the same concerns as most of us. You are not alone, and you are not paranoid.
You seen to have a good grasp of the basics and are off to a good start.
The green house and seed stoage are great. But as you stated, water will be an issue.
Some thing to consider if you start storing water: tell no one. If people know you have water they will come in their time of need.
Some will ask, others will take with force.

Hello everyone,

My name is Prenna. I have always been paranoid about all things doomsday. I've never had any support from my family since they ,unlike me, don't think this is inevitable. I maybe a little over paranoid since I have plans for prepping myself for war, storms, zombies, astronomical disasters and financial collapse.

I had never considered getting guns before but am now thinking otherwise. I recently heard and agree that at such times marauders will be rampant and I feel that if I have made an effort unlike most others, I am not obliged in anyway to help out those who did nothing or simply chose to make fun or look down on me while i made ready for d-day. It will pretty much be every man for himself. I also fear being raped/abused and probably killed just because there would be no more law and most people would think they are entitled to everything during such a time.

So far I do not have the fund for an underground bunker. I have managed to stockpile food.
I find storing dry foods along with canned goods a good way to go. Simply cause its cheaper to buy dry pulses and beans etc in wholesale and pack them in air tight bags. The vacuum seal bags. And i've noticed that a can of dry beans soaked and cooked yield more quantities than a can of precooked beans.

I also have saved/collected a whole lotta seeds for a green house. If in case the current green house is destroyed it will be easy to simply restart it if I have the seeds. Water is a concern for me. I have enough that should last me and my husband for a year. But it would not help if we have to grow our own food. Can someone advice me of the water issue.

Should I get fences for defense ready? I fear survival for me will be harder since i am a female and i might be the first one to be shot since i am of color.

What is an appropriate underground bunker and how much will it cost?
Should i buy land with a lake and have it fenced? Will I be able to get there without being followed?

I am also considering solar energy. Learn to make solar cells and build solar panels for myself.
Maybe useful at least during the day time. Should i stockpile gas? What kind of cars/truck should i have for such a time? Should I have more than 1 vehicle?

Should I have a shed full of tool or simply have basic tools. Like say a saw and some soldering tools and auto repair stuff etc.

Any and all guidance will help. Thank you.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Are you getting your questions answered? I too have family members that look down on me for what I am undertaking, and like you I refuse to assist them. I do not help lazy or stupid people. Sorry if that makes me sounds like an evil monster, but if someone hasn't noticed that something is a miss with the world these days then they quite possibly could be part of the problem and I do not want their seed further contaminating the earth.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back