No preparation

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any advice for a family that is not physically or mentally prepared for an emergency?
I fear it will become a slaughterhouse of sheep.
Perhaps a mountain escape but without provisions would be only a slow agony.

What can I do with very little money?
Become good friends with someone that is prepared

Do you have any advice for a family that is not physically or mentally prepared for an emergency?
I fear it will become a slaughterhouse of sheep.
Perhaps a mountain escape but without provisions would be only a slow agony.

What can I do with very little money?
Your best bet is shelter in place and try to protect what you can!!

First. Don't panic.
Second, in no particular order, take a look at what you already may have. Is your house easily secured, is there plenty of storage space, do you have any good cooks and do they know how to preserve. Have you got enough outside space to grow fruit and vegetables.
start buying a few extra items a week to build up a store.
Make a list of things to have if the power goes off. I have what my son calls the blackout box and it contains led lights, rechargeable batteries, a small usb fan, a camping cooker and fuel. Have a think about getting a small solar panel. A 25W panel will easily charge your batteries a power bank, phone, laptop. Think about what you can't do without and find alternatives.
Make sure you have enough medication, both over the counter and any prescription meds.
At the very least, have a big pot for boiling water to make it safe to drink, water purification tablets are cheap and as GP said, pool shock is even cheaper.
Build up a store of soap, shampoo and cleaning materials.
Most importantly, keep things simple, try and store mulitpurpose items and good luck.

now I am not bashing faith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but God is not going to reach down with a divine hand and shelter you from danger,,,,,you are going to have to do that yourself ,,,,food water and if the location you are in is unsafe you need another,,,,get out of the city

Absolutely agree, here is a motto that says: "Help yourself that God helps you". It means that you have to get busy for what you can do, for the imponderable God will provide.

The plan to leave the countryside for the mountains is always in my mind.

Thanks you all again for the advices.
Excellent comparison list, I have a lot to learn and to do.

For many of us Plan A (our first choice) will be to Bug In or shelter in place. There are very few things that would make me leave my home. I would only consider going out into the countryside as a last resort. There are many good recommendations here, and I agree with all of them. Have you watched any videos on You Tube that discuss prepping on a budget? I don't know if you have stores like that in your area, but you can amass a large amount of food in a very short time with very limited funds. I tried the system, and it does work.

Can you garden on your property? That could help with your food situation. In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) I would address my food and water issues before I bought a handgun. You might get some additional ammo for your shotgun, so you can hunt and use it for personal defense. You could buy a lot of food and a good water filter for the price of a handgun. Your choice, of course. I hope this helps.

For many of us Plan A (our first choice) will be to Bug In or shelter in place. There are very few things that would make me leave my home. I would only consider going out into the countryside as a last resort. There are many good recommendations here, and I agree with all of them. Have you watched any videos on You Tube that discuss prepping on a budget? I don't know if you have stores like that in your area, but you can amass a large amount of food in a very short time with very limited funds. I tried the system, and it does work.

Can you garden on your property? That could help with your food situation. In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) I would address my food and water issues before I bought a handgun. You might get some additional ammo for your shotgun, so you can hunt and use it for personal defense. You could buy a lot of food and a good water filter for the price of a handgun. Your choice, of course. I hope this helps.

I am reading and looking around to find interesting ideas to follow.

Yes, I can make a small vegetable garden on my property, a neighbor of mine already takes care of his own.

If I move the budget from the gun (around $ 250), I could buy a lot of food and water.
Maybe it's the best choice since I'm already armed and not many people have a firearm here.

Thank you.

Become good friends with someone that is prepared

Unfortunately I don't know anyone prepared; generations born after the war are totally disinterested, with rare exceptions.

I would not buy water, I'd buy a water filter instead. Repurpose food grade containers to store water in.

Do you intend to filter rainwater?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone prepared; generations born after the war are totally disinterested, with rare exceptions.

That's one source. I have water all over where I live. I have a well, a pond, on property. I can collect rain water. I have city water pipes in. Whatever your source, you need to make sure it's safe to drink.

You are already ahead of a huge portion of the population. First Identify a plan... buggin' in or buggin' out? If buggin' out know the route you will take avoiding crowds. Then go to your preps. And others have said the order, but complete all of the following...

1) potable water (treated and filter),
2) food stuffs and first aid,
3) shelter,
4) Commo - portable radios, VHS Ham handheld if you can afford a cheap one like $25 Baofeng UV-5R (Situational awareness and intel has saved more lives than close air support) and
5) Security (Firearms and ample ammo)

Put it all down on paper and then start checking off your accomplishments. Make sure you have good backpacks if you plan on hoofing it.

As Lexi says.. You can do it!

Last edited:

The degree of filtering of rain water is determined from where the rainwater is channeled. Rain water channeled from a slate roof, just some basic filtering. Rain water captured off an asbestos shingle roof, would require distillations. Very big difference.

I think everyone is missing the boat here. We have a group that has limited skill, limited money, limited time, and they want to know what is the most important thing they can do. Let me be 1000% serious here.

Know Christ.

It's that simple. For all the non-believers here, I get it, no need to re-start the same old debate. This is my opinion, just agree to disagree. We are all going to die sooner or later. All this other stuff can help you for days/weeks/months. But if you think the end is near, and there is no way to really prepare to 'survive' it, this is the by-and-far most important thing to get right.

Many moons ago, I sat and listed out every scenario I could imagine from a 'disasters' list. Every one of them fit into one of two categories: 1) isolate, defend, and be self-sufficient, and you can survive. And... 2) I'm going to die. If you don't have the ability to do the first, then plan for an early entry into option 2. I'm not being mean, I'm just stating facts.

I think everyone is missing the boat here. We have a group that has limited skill, limited money, limited time, and they want to know what is the most important thing they can do. Let me be 1000% serious here.

Know Christ.

It's that simple. For all the non-believers here, I get it, no need to re-start the same old debate. This is my opinion, just agree to disagree. We are all going to die sooner or later. All this other stuff can help you for days/weeks/months. But if you think the end is near, and there is no way to really prepare to 'survive' it, this is the by-and-far most important thing to get right.

Many moons ago, I sat and listed out every scenario I could imagine from a 'disasters' list. Every one of them fit into one of two categories: 1) isolate, defend, and be self-sufficient, and you can survive. And... 2) I'm going to die. If you don't have the ability to do the first, then plan for an early entry into option 2. I'm not being mean, I'm just stating facts.
1594782323020.png
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Christ.

and just what will your god do,,,,,,he will not protect you he will not come to you and give you food water or shelter,,,,you are going to have to do that your damned self,,,,,,,,,

now I won't say he is not there a lot of folks believe he is but he is just a spectator ,,,,,,he's laid back in his chair with his popcorn in his lap and a beer in his hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WATCHING THE SHOW

grayghost668,

YHVH (the God of the Bible) promises to and has shown throughout history that he will protect the faithful. Modern day Christians are not them... His "remnant" as is described throughout the Bible are those that "have the commandments of God (Elohym) and the testimony of Yahshua (Jesus). Rev 12:17

That being said... Home > Prepping > PREPPING AS A BELIEVER

grayghost668,

YHVH (the God of the Bible) promises to and has shown throughout history that he will protect the faithful. Modern day Christians are not them... His "remnant" as is described throughout the Bible are those that "have the commandments of God (Elohym) and the testimony of Yahshua (Jesus). Rev 12:17

That being said... Home > Prepping > PREPPING AS A BELIEVER
God may well be real,,,,,,,,,,but as long as there are things like war,,,,,cancer ,,,Aids,,,,Terrorist groups ,,,,,last but far from least,,,,,,why does he allow the death of children be it from disease Abortion or a pervert who gets his kicks by harming a child,,,,,,, these could all be prevented with a snap of his fingers yet he does nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and don't one of you hand me the BS about free will,,,,,,,,,,,,children are the only innocents in this world and should never suffer

Latest posts

Back