Night vision and water treatment pellets help please

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earlybird76

Reaction score
Hey guys. Figured I'd just post one thread about two issues?
I am going to an army navy store tomoro and want another option to boiling water. Basically I want to get a tablet or whatever to put in 1 to 2 gallons of clear creek water to make its safer. Wonder wht brand and does it exist also wht would be rough cost?
Next is I'd like the cheapest but decent quality night vision scope that could be mounted to a 12 guage possibly an was curious of a brand or link to it and wondered what batteries they use maybe AA or 3 volt lithium I assume?
Thanks alot for any feedback.

My guess is that this is going to be too late, but I don't know of any tablet that will purify water that may have ag runoff or animal waste in it. The Lifestraw may be the way to go for you.

For night vision, go to Amazon and look at the reviews of people who already bought them. That's how I chose mine. And it's battery is odd...I bought batteries at radio shack...they are lithium. I forgot how much I paid for the night vision. It is a monocular, not bi. So it was slightly cheaper...and I'm not rich so it couldn't have been more than a few hundred. And works great. You can walk in a pitch black bedroom and see almost everything. I bought one that had pretty high reviews...I knew nothing about night vision at the time.

I am going to an army navy store tomoro and want another option to boiling water. Basically I want to get a tablet or whatever to put in 1 to 2 gallons of clear creek water to make its safer. Wonder wht brand and does it exist also wht would be rough cost?
Next is I'd like the cheapest but decent quality night vision scope that could be mounted to a 12 guage possibly an was curious of a brand or link to it and wondered what batteries they use maybe AA or 3 volt lithium I assume?

Best bottle for filtering clear water: http://www.clearbrook.net/Clearbrook-Survival-Survival-Bottle-32oz-p/clr-n32-sur.htm

It does heavy metals, bacteria, unpleasant tastes and odors. HOWEVER it does not do viruses, so use in conjunction with iodine tablets (with taste neutralizer): http://www.rei.com/product/406032/potable-aqua-iodine-and-taste-neutralizer-tablets

16 drops of chlorine bleach to 1 gallon of water also works in a pinch.

Mind you ... I'm no expert... but would you really want a night vision scope mounted to a 12 gauge? Maybe a helmet or head mounted system would work best? I'm just concerned that there is going to be a pretty good kick when you fire it...

ShootEye_white%252520t-shirt__47735_zoom.jpg

Mind you ... I'm no expert... but would you really want a night vision scope mounted to a 12 gauge? Maybe a helmet or head mounted system would work best? I'm just concerned that there is going to be a pretty good kick when you fire it...

ShootEye_white%252520t-shirt__47735_zoom.jpg
You'll put your eye out. Lol. I'm not planning on bugging out but incase I do I have learned to make my own charcoal for survival water filters. Just need fabric and a flint, lighter,match, or what i don't see mentioned for firestarters on here, magnifying glass. Just incase Someone could steal your bag. Have to look at every viable alternative.

Latest posts

Back