Helpful Info. Night Fighting Manual

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
I am going to post this for non-VIP members also.

Attached is a handbook produced in the 90's from the United States Army's Center for Army Lessons Learned. What I like about this PDF is that it has at the back of the appendix the protocols to center night vision apparatus.

Also it has very good tactics for operating in a no-visibility environment.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Small Unit Night Fighter Manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
I learned real quick....the side that has night-vision....wins. Period.

Having done a lot of night paintball games, some in absolute darkness (literally where you can't see your hand in front of your face), darkness is a HUGE factor.

For example, without nightvision, darkness is a great concealer. We (a friend and I) got about 15 feet away from an entire squad. They were silhouetted against the lit up town in the background. We had only the dark forest at our backs. We took them out no problem, before they even realized what hit them.

Later that night, we got with another team and went near the enemy base, where we were all promptly shot (even though in complete darkness), by a sniper with nightvision.

I learned real quick....the side that has night-vision....wins. Period.

Having done a lot of night paintball games, some in absolute darkness (literally where you can't see your hand in front of your face), darkness is a HUGE factor.

For example, without nightvision, darkness is a great concealer. We (a friend and I) got about 15 feet away from an entire squad. They were silhouetted against the lit up town in the background. We had only the dark forest at our backs. We took them out no problem, before they even realized what hit them.

Later that night, we got with another team and went near the enemy base, where we were all promptly shot (even though in complete darkness), by a sniper with nightvision.

My grandfather gave me his old Japanese Army Manual on night fighting tactics when I was a young boy, its missing some pages, but overall in good condition. It all in Japanese and I've never had time to just translate it into English. What is interesting is that the field manual has many tactics that today's warfighter no longer uses. What is more interesting is that the Japanese either forgot their training or relied on too much of their belief in their invincibility during World War II. Had they used more of the tactics that were in the manual, I dare say, that many more American's would have died during those island battles in the Pacific. The most interesting fact was the use of the moon light when planning the angle of attack. Something not really taught in modern military night fighting because of the NVG's.

Under the cover of night ....... with my Shepherds and my Gen 3 scope .................. Yep .

Latest posts

Back