nice BOB or just camping backpack

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haashim

Reaction score
hi i found this nice review of one of the Bear Grylls Ultimate Pack

I have a very similar bag as my BOB just a different brand but its the same size and has all the same features and extras, just don't have the bear Grylls inside goodies, hope you guys like:)

OMGoodness.... That thing is $950! OUCH! I guess I ought to look at the review and see what all's in it. I looked it up for the $, but it shocked me, so I didn't look any further. I will admit, that's shirt sighted.... Pause while I look this thing over.....
It seems like a collector piece to me. A lot of redundancy(Which is good to an extent), with multiple fixed and folding knives, and a REEEAALLY small first aid kit.

I tell you what.... It may not have the fancy name, but if you give me $950, I'll build you a MUCH better "Ultim8 Pakk" than that

According to the web site, it has the "Entire Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series product line"

I lost count of the knives somewhere around 6. Three multitools, two machetes and a hatchet. A wee bit overboard?

Not sure exactly how many knives people normally carry in their BOBs, but I for one like to leave a little room for things like FOOD.:rolleyes:

http://www.gerbergear.com/Survival/Gear/BG-Ultimate-Pack_30-000946

Haashim, if you are looking at it as a collector's item, then I would think you have the right idea. I could see taking this and breaking it up among some inexperienced family members who are in the group if things got bad, but otherwise, the repetition in tools and lack of space for other things... Well I said all that before...

As far as collecting goes, it definitely saves A LOT of $ over buying things separately, and anyone who collects things can attest that the higher end things in any line usually appreciate the most over the years. Not least of all, I really like most of the Grylls stuff from Gerber too.

I like the little folding Gerber I have, the Paratrooper Mini. Seems solid enough but the BG stuff looks pretty lame. (I'm not a fan of his show either... He had a camera crew with him the whole time people!) I'm sure Gerber has some great stuff out there to counter all their flops but I look very carefully before I purchase anything. My local Dick's is really good about unboxing knives for customers so we can really see what we're looking at buying, and that helped sell me on the Para Mini.

I have a very similar bag as my BOB just a different brand but its the same size and has all the same features and extras, just don't have the bear Grylls inside goodies, hope you guys like:)

yea 950 dollars of junk! the only good thing in that is the bag and thats if you want tyo draw attention to yourself ! most bear grylls products are made by gerber but! they have been dumbed down ! cheaper materials cheap steel ! so they can be sold by cheap retail stores like walmart ! bear grylls doesnt care if you survive he just cares about that pay check!

950.....good god....i got a medium alice pack with frame, AND a WW2 Powers and Co. mountain pack with frame at a yard sale for 10 for the pair.....and most of the stuff i put in them i already had.....sounds like a gimmick....i mean i looked at one of his machettes for 50....bought a harbor freight one for 5....seems to work just fine

Not sure exactly how many knives people normally carry in their BOBs, but I for one like to leave a little room for things like FOOD

I typically have a folding pocket knife, a multi-tool, a full tang combat/survival knife, and a machete. Anything more is likely overkill. Maybe a small hatchet would be a good addition. But even still, most of that is more on the waist than in the BOB. I also have a knife/saw/entrenching shovel combo in the bag, but it is more for the saw and shovel than the knife option.

My machete does have two small throwing blades (though only because they would make PERFECT hunting spear tips when stuck at the end of a long stick).

Right boy's let's have a girl's point of view on this. Ah the lovely Bear grills HOT HOT HOT if the shtf I'm gona hunt that man down and keep him as my pet. lol
Still I wouldn't buy any of the products, I don't think Bear would either, It's just making him money and quite right too.
Haashim, your bag's gona need thing's that are taylored for Africa so trust your instincts...Africa's a hole different kettle of fish. I've never been to Africa but always feel it's the home land of humanity.:)

Latest posts

Back