News lately RE: Inflation at new highs. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great time to buy used exercise gear, pushbikes, electric assist, gym equipment. The online sites are full of them, people who bought in the lockdowns and then never used them much. You have to do your research, know the brands and quality but if you have always wanted to get into fitness it's a great time. Personally the best deals on home gyms are in the older ones with genuine Steel weights. Look for real steel.

A tip setting up a home gym, don't just stick in the dusty old corner of the downstairs room, set it up in pride of place somewhere and make the surroundings airy and bright. It will be more attractive to go there in such a case. Having a big fan helps too in the summer months. I'm talking about the All-in-one units with cabling here, total old school gym junkies need not apply.

This is a great time to buy used exercise gear, pushbikes, electric assist, gym equipment. The online sites are full of them, people who bought in the lockdowns and then never used them much. You have to do your research, know the brands and quality but if you have always wanted to get into fitness it's a great time. Personally the best deals on home gyms are in the older ones with genuine Steel weights. Look for real steel.

A tip setting up a home gym, don't just stick in the dusty old corner of the downstairs room, set it up in pride of place somewhere and make the surroundings airy and bright. It will be more attractive to go there in such a case. Having a big fan helps too in the summer months. I'm talking about the All-in-one units with cabling here, total old school gym junkies need not apply.
Saw lots of down at the city dump this morning. Looked like a lot of hard breathing with much payoff at the end

In my last house I had a complete gym set up filled with commercial type exercise equipment and lots of free weights. The wife and I used it a lot. When we moved I kept the free weights and the wife wanted the treadmill.
But really just day to day living here gives us all the exercise that we need, too much sometimes.

But really just day to day living here gives us all the exercise that we need, too much sometimes.

I hear ya! That's one reason I moved off the property and bought in a small town, I had 100 acres, only 2 cleared, but the fallen branches on the tracks, the water and power infrastructure, cutting firewood, killing invasive plants, fence maintenance, the long drives to get "Anything". I managed it but I could see myself 10 years down the track struggling with it all and I couldn't devise a plan that didn't include endless work so I bailed.

I have the offgrid power and water here in the new place but it's hobby stuff, so nice to have the grid bring in power and buy my excess, so nice to have a hose that never runs dry and fences you can forget about. Life on the land is hard, it's no wonder so many farms are run down. I used to wonder about those but not anymore. It's just great to be able to ring up and order a pizza lol.

Latest posts

Back