News lately RE: Inflation at new highs. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back and checked the Cost Of Living Adjustments to see when exactly the last time the COLA was larger than the one will be in 2022.
1982!
This is how bad inflation really is right now.
July 1975 -- 8.0%
July 1976 -- 6.4%
July 1977 -- 5.9%
July 1978 -- 6.5%
July 1979 -- 9.9%
July 1980 -- 14.3%
July 1981 -- 11.2%
July 1982 -- 7.4%
January 1984 -- 3.5%
January 1985 -- 3.5%
January 1986 -- 3.1%
January 1987 -- 1.3%
January 1988 -- 4.2%
January 1989 -- 4.0%
January 1990 -- 4.7%
January 1991 -- 5.4%
January 1992 -- 3.7%
January 1993 -- 3.0%
January 1994 -- 2.6%
January 1995 -- 2.8%
January 1996 -- 2.6%
January 1997 -- 2.9%
January 1998 -- 2.1%
January 1999 -- 1.3%
January 2000 -- 2.5%
January 2001 -- 3.5%
January 2002 -- 2.6%
January 2003 -- 1.4%
January 2004 -- 2.1%
January 2005 -- 2.7%
January 2006 -- 4.1%
January 2007 -- 3.3%
January 2008 -- 2.3%
January 2009 -- 5.8%
January 2010 -- 0.0%
January 2011 -- 0.0%
January 2012 -- 3.6%
January 2013 -- 1.7%
January 2014 -- 1.5%
January 2015 -- 1.7%
January 2016 -- 0.0%
January 2017 -- 0.3%
January 2018 -- 2.0%
January 2019 -- 2.8%
January 2020 -- 1.6%
January 2021 -- 1.3%
January 2022 -- 5.9%

Inflation here is also high, energy prices are rising daily, a liter of gasoline or diesel currently costs about 2 dollars with a strong upward trend, and there is a threat of an energy shortage/blackout in the winter.

Abroad, many gas tanks are empty and there are extreme supply problems of China parts.

All in all, it could soon break the neck of the economy and the middle class.
Some of the problems here are self-inflicted; various nuclear power plants are being shut down prematurely, and as a result there is too little electricity.
The problem is only wind turbines and solar cells do not bring electricity here in winter, and our politicians do not want to see that.
Various power plants including the ribbon power were recklessly destroyed, the whole previously reliable energy system was destroyed from the inside, the price for this will be very high when it comes in the winter to a blackout and that is guaranteed to come.

We got a price on some LED light fixtures from China. The shipping was more than the product. Three day by air was 23,000$ US dollars…. Needless to say we didn’t go that route

The price of petrol here in South Australia has jumped from around $1.49 per litre yesterday to around $1.89 per litre today. That's a huge jump. Prices of everything seem to be going up, and of course petrol price hikes push prices up even more.
No doubt fuel and energy prices will affect everything else. Really sucks, I finally saved enough to retire and at this rate I may have to go back to work one day.

Saw on the news prices are expected to continue rising till at least the first of the year. Also read a story about Venezuela and the people are using gold for transactions. Shaving little bits off of coins and jewelry. Their bouliva is near worthless now. I feel a little bit guilty about being concerned about my nest eggs value in retirement when the majority of the world struggles for their next meal. No matter how bad things get don’t forget to be greatful for what you do have.

It's ok to be concerned about your own nest egg's value. You need to be able to take care of yourself and your family. You are the breadwinner and earned that money. Fretting about the whole world's problems will not solve yours.
I'm wondering what you read in the news that prices are rising until the first of the year. Wondering what is going on in the first of the year that will make them stop rising?
Maybe we won't have any more money at the first of the year. Maybe no more product?
Doubtful the govt will get it's act together and end fiat money printing and eliminate inflation in what, 12 weeks time? Not happening. The news is not being truthful.

It's ok to be concerned about your own nest egg's value. You need to be able to take care of yourself and your family. You are the breadwinner and earned that money. Fretting about the whole world's problems will not solve yours.
I'm wondering what you read in the news that prices are rising until the first of the year. Wondering what is going on in the first of the year that will make them stop rising?
Maybe we won't have any more money at the first of the year. Maybe no more product?
Doubtful the govt will get it's act together and end fiat money printing and eliminate inflation in what, 12 weeks time? Not happening. The news is not being truthful.
The news has never been truthful, if you go back to 1969 when the Vietnamese war was going on the new only told people what they wanted them to know, the dems want to crash the economy and start the great new green reset. That will put all of us in the poor house fore sure.

The news has never been truthful, if you go back to 1969 when the Vietnamese war was going on the new only told people what they wanted them to know, the dems want to crash the economy and start the great new green reset. That will put all of us in the poor house fore sure.
I remember it well. In fact I remember when Walter Cronkite changed into a Democrat Party mouthpiece and started slanting the news. I detected the shift myself.

They didn’t say prices would go down, just that they would continue to rise till at least the end of the year. I actually agree that it’s likely to continue through 2022.
I’m not actually very worried about my retirement, mostly just thinking aloud about being positive and remembering to be greatful for what we do have compared to the rest of the world.

As far as the government printing fiat money to no end, they can’t actually print as much as they are spending. They just add zeros to computers now. The amount of paper and ink alone would be too much along with the shear size of mountains of 100$ bills. I’m actually surprised they don’t want to bring back the 10,000$ bill or even a 100,000$ one. Those were gotten rid of to slow money laundering and crime supposedly.

Off topic but the 100,000$ bills were never meant for the public but were only for federal bank transfers. They did have circulating 10,000, 5,000 and 1,000 dollar bills though. You can buy those at coin shows and likely eBay now. The 10,000$ bill never got much use as it was made during the depression and was more than most families were worth by far. As a contractor I worked at a lot of banks. I would hear about the tellers getting a 1,000$ bill occasionally. They would take them at face value from some old person that had no clue they were collectible and worth a lot more than that. The banks sent them in to the federal reserve to be destroyed unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back