News lately RE: Inflation at new highs. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Kevin L The best advise I can tell you is if you have any debt right now, pay it off as soon as you can. We as a country are not going to get any better with this current administration. We are just screwed right now. Biden wants to put illegals and other countries before the American citizens. That is a fact! Stock up what you can when it comes to food, water, materials for what are common "fixes" for mechanics and home, and expand on your foraging skills. You live in a good community where there are multiple sources of food and water so that is good. My biggest worry for you is that you rent and dont own right now.
I own my own home with a mortgage that I'm paying off, and I own my car free and clear . . . although I only have about 1/3 of an acre.

Thank you for your concern, though.

I own my own home with a mortgage that I'm paying off
An interesting thing I read once, let me look it up...
Here is one article, about one state.

" According to an article in The Literary Digest, a national news magazine, on a single day in April 1932 one-fourth of the real property in Mississippi, including 20 percent of all farms and 15 percent of town property, went under the auctioneer’s gavel and was sold to pay taxes. The sales, conducted by 74 sheriffs, included about 40,000 farms. Most of the property went to the state of Mississippi which already owned about one million acres. "

Yes, property taxes can be a killer! It certainly pays to have some readies hidden away for that hey. Hidden in gold and silver perhaps. I'm sure many people think the government would never do that. Just like the people back in 1932 thought "The government would never do that"

http://www.mshistorynow.mdah.ms.gov...ippi-letters-from-the-william-m-colmer-papers

" According to an article in The Literary Digest, a national news magazine, on a single day in April 1932 one-fourth of the real property in Mississippi, including 20 percent of all farms and 15 percent of town property, went under the auctioneer’s gavel and was sold to pay taxes. The sales, conducted by 74 sheriffs, included about 40,000 farms. Most of the property went to the state of Mississippi which already owned about one million acres. "

Yes, property taxes can be a killer! It certainly pays to have some readies hidden away for that hey. Hidden in gold and silver perhaps. I'm sure many people think the government would never do that. Just like the people back in 1932 thought "The government would never do that"

http://www.mshistorynow.mdah.ms.gov...ippi-letters-from-the-william-m-colmer-papers

You should never allow your government to do that. Speak out against such government Tyrrany before we are forced to use our 2nd amendment. Don't sit silent because its not happening to you. Every Tyrannical act could one day target you.

You should never allow your government to do that. Speak out against such government Tyrrany before we are forced to use our 2nd amendment. Don't sit silent because its not happening to you. Every Tyrannical act could one day target you.
Property taxes are one way the government uses to insure that we will never truly own our property.

Only have the mortgage payment, and we are throwing additional monies at the principle every month.

Have a decent savings going too. Not quite 6 months worth of expenses, but getting there.

You should never allow your government to do that. Speak out against such government Tyrrany
I was referencing the US, but it would be the same here. And I don't regard it as tyrannical. If you can't pay for your land then you lose it, same as if you can't pay your membership at a golf club, or make your car repayments. Taxing land is what all governments do, it's the first and most important means of control for them. You will never change that, though I believe Texas has a different system where you can own it freehold, forever.

I bought my first home at 19. I was working as a welder making $5.36 an hour. Had a wife and 2 babies by the time I was 20. Over the years since then I've owner over 15 properties. Many were houses, a farm, couple ranches, timber land, an apartment building, a couple high end view lots, bare land and now our current ranch. Every property has been paid for. When we bought this place there was only an old barn, which I gave away in exchange for labor. We built a house, barn, fur shed, solar system, several other outbuildings and all the infrastructure to raise and work cattle, and we paid this property off all out of pocket. All of our vehicles, atv's, utv, tractor, farm equipment, welder, boat etc are all paid for, and we just finished paying off our medical bills.
We funded our own retirement accounts and have put away an emergency fund to last several years. The wife "retired" early thanks in part to the china flu. Her company gave her almost a years income as her severance package, and she's just now tapping one of her investment accounts.
I learned at a very early age, thanks dad, to save and invest for the future, and never live beyond your means.

Understand that was during the Great Depression and the reason so many people lost their farms was because THE BANKS LOST THEIR MONEY.

Gas prices here are crazy. Thankfully after stocking up last year, we don't have to buy much now, most food we have is still good. We bought local for our beef, canned most veggies from our garden. Our son moved out last summer, so our food bills went down significantly. We are downsizing, found a great piece of property. Plan on selling our home in the next month and paying cash as we go to build on the property - shop first, container for storage. Live in the RV for 2 years or so and save enough to pay cash to build a home.

Understand that was during the Great Depression and the reason so many people lost their farms was because THE BANKS LOST THEIR MONEY.
Well that is what you get when you cower down to government edicts and when you trust other people with your money. Those houses and farms were taken in April 1932, well before the gold confiscation act of 1933. They should have kept their money in $20 gold coins at home, but they trusted banks even though there was plenty of pre-history of banks failing.

Personally I doubt those people had much money spare to begin with. Many of those farmers had taken on big debts in the good times to expand and buy more land, to buy a house in town as well. They were living high on the hog and were not prepared for the downturn. It's just like the housing bust in 2006 where millions have lost their homes because of the downturn. Some innocently sure, but how many took out Helocs and home equity loans to buy new cars and holidays OS. Greed is the undoing of many.

Well that is what you get when you cower down to government edicts and when you trust other people with your money. Those houses and farms were taken in April 1932, well before the gold confiscation act of 1933. They should have kept their money in $20 gold coins at home, but they trusted banks even though there was plenty of pre-history of banks failing.

Personally I doubt those people had much money spare to begin with. Many of those farmers had taken on big debts in the good times to expand and buy more land, to buy a house in town as well. They were living high on the hog and were not prepared for the downturn. It's just like the housing bust in 2006 where millions have lost their homes because of the downturn. Some innocently sure, but how many took out Helocs and home equity loans to buy new cars and holidays OS. Greed is the undoing of many.
The bust in 06 was mainly due to banks being forced to make loans to a certain demographic group who they knew would never pay the loan back.
Smart people did keep much of their money in gold, and they didn't trust banks.
Living above ones means is the undoing of many. I dont have much sympathy for people who do dumb things financially.

Latest posts

Back