Newcomer in Woodstock, GA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just started prepping. Late to the game I realize, but at least we have started. I am mostly curious in firearms, which are best for beginners, and best "bang" for the buck. I've shot a few times, mostly with riffles. I don't find that i am comfortable with handguns.
Also, I'm looking for locals in my area to network with.

Yay! super excited to be here!

Hi All,

Just started prepping. Late to the game I realize, but at least we have started. I am mostly curious in firearms, which are best for beginners, and best "bang" for the buck. I've shot a few times, mostly with riffles. I don't find that i am comfortable with handguns.

Welcome, glad to see more people from ga. I think rifles are great, but a handgun is just as important. They both have their place. I am mostly into homesteading and self sufficency, but security is just as important. I think the consensus here will probably be a 12 ga shotgun. There are plenty of knowledgeable people with weapons here. I got a 9mm handgun for 200.00 in commerce recently at a place called the armory. Lots of people would want a higher end gun, but it has worked flawlessly so far. I think the best kind are the ones you can get a deal on. Also look around and see what ammo you can actually get on the shelf. Again, welcome and I'm really glad people are starting to realize it's time to start preparing to take care of themselves.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Welcome say you are intrested in firearms , don'e be sold on a "starter" anything buy a good one to start with and save a trip back trying to trade in your "starter" .

Hi All... I am mostly curious in firearms, which are best for beginners, and best "bang" for the buck. I've shot a few times, mostly with riffles. I don't find that i am comfortable with handguns... Yay! super excited to be here!
@psalm 7 is right about "Beginner" firearms in terms of not buying cheap. If you mean 'Beginner" as in what to learn with, a good 22(Like Ruger's Mk III or 22/45) are a good place to start. Many people have a hard time with handguns, and that's normal. Shorter sight radius and only one contact point on the firearm make them difficult for a lot of folks. Take a beginner pistol course, like NRA's 1st Steps or Basic Pistol. Those will teach you the basics of how to shoot handguns properly. You can usually rent them, too. Rentals are a good way to find what works for you.

Hi...Gwinnett County here...longtime prepper, but just getting in to the firearm side of things.
Welcome. Make your own intro thread so people can get to know you a little better. Piggybacking another members thread might get things confused. People here don't ignore others, but if they don't know you're here, they might miss the chance to help answer your questions.

Welcome to both of you, though. I hope you enjoy your stay and find some good info here. There is a "Firearms" sub-forum and a search function that will help you pinpoint what you're needing.

Hi and welcome to DPF from Finland, have a feeling you choose the right forum,enjoy

Hi All,

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back