Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgetoedge1

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this but i just want to start to get some things together to take care of my family in case of an emergency. I am really looking to start putting together my bug out bag, but i have no clue as to what needs to go in them. I look forward to learning more and hope to be prepared one day soon.

Hi I am new to this but i just want to start to get some things together to take care of my family in case of an emergency. I am really looking to start putting together my bug out bag, but i have no clue as to what needs to go in them. I look forward to learning more and hope to be prepared one day soon.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Are you prepping for anything in particular?
There are several threads about getting a bug out bag started!
Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome aboard ! Like Clyde said, we kind of need to know what you are prepping for so we can help you out. Do you have any gear ? Are you a hiker or backpacker ? You would be surprised on what you can use with the stuff you have around the house. A lot of good people and good ideas here.

I was mainly wondering if it is better to buy a bug out bag or assemble my own. I really have no idea what all is needed in a bug out bag. But i hope to get alot more education from this site.

Im not really a hiker or a camper but i am very adaptable and will do what i need to take care of my wife and 2 kids. My kids arw small ( 7 & 4) so i just want to get ideas and make plans without scaring my wife and kids.

welcome ,, IMO its better to build your own B.O.B., that way it has what YOU and your family/loved ones need to survive. im a newbie as well, but ill help however i can..

I was mainly wondering if it is better to buy a bug out bag or assemble my own. I really have no idea what all is needed in a bug out bag. But i hope to get alot more education from this site.
I would build one tailored to your needs. My bug out supplies are in totes for easy load into the truck, I do carry a three day get home bag {GHB} all the time. Everyone is different so take a look around and see what works for you.

Picturekevinpicture010-1.jpg

Here is an idea of a GHB, Medical, food, water, stove, lights, radio, fire kit, poncho, emergency blanket, tool kit, duct tape a must, water filter, bandana, t.p. and wet wipes, and some paracord.

never thought about that,,, i was thinking about pulling one of my rear seats out to make room for a small storage area as noone rides in the back seats.

never thought about that,,, i was thinking about pulling one of my rear seats out to make room for a small storage area as noone rides in the back seats.
Thats a good idea ! I have been carrying a GHB for a year or so and i am always using something out of it. It has gotten me and friends out of minor jams many of times. I wont leave home with out it.

Welcome to the forum there's a great group of smart people here one can really learn a lot.

Welcome Edge!
You an find an in depth bug bag list under "equipment" 2nd page called "creating a bug out bag"

Personally id agree with buding your own. Not every bug bag is created for your specific needs/climate/or region that is "ready made"
If you need any help, or have any questions, feel free to help, thats what we're here for.

Welcome ! You will like it here. Many helpfull people. You could start with www.Ready.Gov as a suggestion. So just relax, learn on the way.

Latest posts

Back