Newbie here!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbi

Reaction score
Checking into what I would need to survive should the need arise! I want to start with food storage, but living in residential Houston I do not have a cellar or basement and the heat is an issue! So any suggestions would be appreciated!

Welcome aboard ! What are you prepping for ? Do you plan on leaving ? just a few ? so we can help you out.

Howdy.

Just joined and started prepping myself. I live in Katy, TX so i'm just down the street.

@Colt...after seeing all the latest legislation and potential legislation I am starting to see the writing on the wall. I want to be prepared for what ever is about to come!

@Colt...after seeing all the latest legislation and potential legislation I am starting to see the writing on the wall. I want to be prepared for what ever is about to come!
Well I started with a bug out bag, figured out what works for me. i.e shelter, filters, cloths, fire kit, stuff like that. then i moved into food, water storage. I keep 30 days min. Just start somewhere, and we will help you out.

Checking into what I would need to survive should the need arise! I want to start with food storage, but living in residential Houston I do not have a cellar or basement and the heat is an issue! So any suggestions would be appreciated!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I started with a bug out bag, and water.
I too have a food storage issue due to limited space, and temperature control. It doesn't get as hot or humid where I live as it does out your way, but is still a problem.
Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!​
Actually I work in Katy, I am in the energy corridor!!
Does that mean you work for a utility?​

Do you know if the freeze dried foods decrease in shelf life if it gets over a certain temperature?

Do you know if the freeze dried foods decrease in shelf life if it gets over a certain temperature?
I found this on a product I found on Costco's website;

• 20 years of manufacturing date when stored at 60 F (16.6 C);
  • 10 years of manufacturing date when stored at 70 F (21.1 C)
I am sure each company is different though.

Welcome Gumbi!

If your bugging out (personally recommended), figure how long it would take you to WALK to your bugout location, then over supply your water/food supply.

If your bugging in, good luck to you, but id highly recommend both mres and canning.
Mres, are easy to store, and canning, they can be burryed in a rubbarmaid in the back yard to keep a basic temerature you might need.

Latest posts

Back