New waves of "superbugs" that are resistant to anti-biotics

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/11/superbugs-antibiotics-bacterial-diseases-infections

Well this sucks. Seems like at this rate, surgery can be as dangerous as the 19th century all because of rampant anti-biotic use in both humans and animal husbandry.

I was always baffled as a kid when I had to take antibiotics when I got sick, I mean wouldn't I just get better on my own? I havn't taken an antibiotic in years.

What do you all think? Are we doomed? They say simple transplant can become deadly in the future because of these drug resistant bacteria.

Scary isn't it? We've outdone ourselves in trying to kill off every germ, virus, and bacteria that nature throws at us and now... nature is getting her own back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/11/superbugs-antibiotics-bacterial-diseases-infections

Well this sucks. Seems like at this rate, surgery can be as dangerous as the 19th century all because of rampant anti-biotic use in both humans and animal husbandry.
I was always baffled as a kid when I had to take antibiotics when I got sick, I mean wouldn't I just get better on my own? I havn't taken an antibiotic in years.

Most likely yes. But without the use of antibiotics, opportunistic bacteria could invade and finish you off. That happened a lot before antibiotics came on the scene.

What do you all think? Are we doomed? They say simple transplant can become deadly in the future because of these drug resistant bacteria.

You can die from stepping on a broken bottle on the beach, or a papercut that gets infected and the infection spreads. We are no more doomed than our ancestors were. Some will recover and live, and some will die. All you can do is avoid places where the sick are if possible (hosps, clinics), avoid crowded subways, crowded stores and keep your immune system in good shape with proper diet. Use those disinfectant wipes on shopping cart handles and all places the public touches.

Latest posts

Back