New to the whole thing - Halifax

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my sweet Hunny remembers working those rice fields along with the snakes that frequented those waters. . . ;)

Yeah...once the water got to the rice paddies it warmed up quick.
The lakes they held the water in before sending it into the rice paddies was way to cold for snakes.
We used to dive off the 2 foot diameter pipes where the water was pumped into the lakes.
That water coming out of that pipe was freezing cold!!!
Needless to say the guys had no interest in skinny dipping in that water.

What's a rice well?

It's where they pump the groundwater up to fill the rice paddies.
Most are 5 to 10 acres and they have 1 or 2 huge pipes that fill them.
The farmers were cool about us swimming there and put trash cans out for the beer cans.
I think he just liked watching the young chicks and collecting all of the aluminium cans.

This kinda gives you the idea but they filled ponds here in Katy Texas that they would distribute to all of the paddies as needed.
1654995260057.png

Hi all,
I'm from Halifax, NS.
Not sure how I wound up here, but I'm glad I found it

Any other Haligonians?

Not a Haligonian, but welcome from North Fla.

I'm one of the least knowledgeable members here in terns of offering advice but I have learned what I consider a wealth of knowledge (for me) from others here you will find to be very knowledgeable on most topics which you will likely have questions.

Happy learning!

I don't know if this is a stupid question.. but are pacemakers affected by EMPs?

when the Ruskies set off one of their uber EMP enhanced nukes, to meltdown NORAD, buried under Cheyenne Mountain >>> I don't want to be near any electronic gear - much less have something inside me

I don't know if this is a stupid question.. but are pacemakers affected by EMPs?
They will be affected by the E1 component of an EMP which is very short wavelength. Probably not by the E2, and definitely not by the E3.

E1, E2, and E3 refer to the different wavelength spectra in a high altitude nuclear EMP, and are generated at different times. E1 first, then E2, then E3.

Latest posts

Back