New to the concept of prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoneage

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am new to the concept of prepping. There are many questions I have to the community.
I have shoot competitively in the past and outdoor and wilderness survival experience. I have built emergency shelters and have the experience to survive. I however just welcomed a baby girl into my life and have her and my fiancé to worry about now. I want to prepare my self with help and guidance from people like you.
I am currently working as a security manager in Oregon and have defensive tactic skills I don't mind teaching others. I have little preps i've done just because of my needs. I am a collector of bullion and ammo. I have and still do Elk deer and duck hunt almost every season since I turned 18.
I have an off road equipped truck.
I am currently looking to learn more about archery for my fiance and I to do together.

I have a small electrical back ground and have no issues with electrical and home plumbing repairs.
I guess I just want to express I am a well rounded individual with common sense.

I have a storage area that I planning on turning into a part storage room for food and water.
What things do you guys stock up on first and what are some other good ideas for stocking up?

Thanks,
Justin
[email protected]

Welcome.

What location are you working with? Rural, city, house, apartment, land, etc.?
That's really going to dictate a lot of what you do, as well as your bug in/bug out plans.

First consideration is water, second is food, third is weapons and ammo (which seems to be covered).
For you, another consideration is going to be baby supplies (and always buying a few outfits of her next two sizes up, so you have something if the SHTF while she's growing (and if not, then you're just a bit ahead of the game as she grows).
Baby food is going to be a BIG prep consideration for you.

I currently live in a quadplex 4 town homes squished together two level place. I have a large storage locker that I will be using for food , water and storage. Best way to store water? Water bottles? It is completely dark at all times in the storage area.

And def with my daughter we will be making homemade baby food. Going to have to look in to storage or think it may be easier to just buy?

I'm always adding arms and ammunition to my collection so that shouldn't be an issue.

Personally, I like the big 50 gallon water barrels. Put it up with some cinder blocks, and they have a faucet to use (that can also take a hose). Milk jugs and the plastic water bottles in the store aren't made for longevity.
Remember that after 6 months, you'll likely want to refresh the water stored, so may want to rotate through it, or empty/refill barrels. Cases of drinking water bottles are easiest to rotate through though, if you drink a lot of water (personally, hard for me to fathom paying for water, but I do use these in addition to our other stored water also).

Diapers are going to be something to stock up on (and get some cloth ones too, just in case).

Ill have to look in to the barrels. There is a faucet right by the storage area. And yeah I was thinking clothe diapers as well. We usually always have a months supply on us at any given time. Have to look into buying more each time to be safe.

Hey everyone,
I am new to the concept of prepping. There are many questions I have to the community.
I have shoot competitively in the past and outdoor and wilderness survival experience. I have built emergency shelters and have the experience to survive. I however just welcomed a baby girl into my life and have her and my fiancé to worry about now. I want to prepare my self with help and guidance from people like you.
I am currently working as a security manager in Oregon and have defensive tactic skills I don't mind teaching others. I have little preps i've done just because of my needs. I am a collector of bullion and ammo. I have and still do Elk deer and duck hunt almost every season since I turned 18.
I am currently looking to learn more about archery for my fiance and I to do together.

I have a small electrical back ground and have no issues with electrical and home plumbing repairs.
I guess I just want to express I am a well rounded individual with common sense.

I have a storage area that I planning on turning into a part storage room for food and water.
What things do you guys stock up on first and what are some other good ideas for stocking up?

Thanks,
Justin
[email protected]
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey everyone,

Thanks,
Justin
[email protected]
Hey. Man I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I have a son who will be 2 on April 27th. And a Fiancé as we'll. I don't think the financial collapse is what you and your needs to worry about. Malin Oregon, next to Klamath Falls . We currently live in Yuma Az.
I have an uncle who works for a Gov contractor who gave me some insider info and referred me to a few videos in youtube. I'm not sure if you want to check them but if you do email me @ [email protected]. I have my own agenda and a plan and a lot of times I think it a important to hear others agendas to feed and learn off each other . Email me if you interested.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

welcome! think that if you don't find it here it's not ment to be found

Latest posts

Back