New to site

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Great site and I am looking forward to getting and putting great info on here. I have an MA in Sociology where I srudies social ecology, global politics, and cultural anthropology. I have been a prepper for several years now. Last year purchased a small farm where I have been working on setting up an off grid homestead. I will be starting a youtube channel soon so I can share all my experiences with everyone more easily. I wiil post often and look forward to reading about what everyone has to say.

howdy from a texan.... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Awesome! Welcome and thanks for joining. I hope you find some good info here and I hope you'll share your experiences with us, too.

welcome from Finland, hope you enjoy your time here on DPF

Hello everyone! Great site and I am looking forward to getting and putting great info on here. I have an MA in Sociology where I srudies social ecology, global politics, and cultural anthropology. I have been a prepper for several years now. Last year purchased a small farm where I have been working on setting up an off grid homestead. I will be starting a youtube channel soon so I can share all my experiences with everyone more easily. I wiil post often and look forward to reading about what everyone has to say.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome, can't wait to hear how you solve some of the key off-grid challenges...

How do you do running water?
How do you do electricity?
What do you use for heat, or air conditioning?
How do you handle sewage and garbage?
What do you do for income (for those things you can't make yourself)?

Welcome Homestead! :) I didn't know you could have a YouTube channel and still remain off the grid? o_O Looking forward to seeing your off grid projects.

Gazrok, thanks and I will try to answer the best I can :) let me first preface this by saying I have been here just over a year now, so I am still converting things over.
Running water: I still have the city hookups. I do have a 350 gallon tank in the garage to collect rainwater. Manual hand pump.
Electric: still have utility hookups for major appliances. I have a small solar hookup for everything else.
Heat/ac: no ac. Dont miss it. House stays very cool in summer. Heaters run off solar.
Sewage: septic system...trash I recycle and compost.
Income: work in IT for now ad database administrator

@bgoldstuff. Lol yeah so I am not totally off grid but working there. Lol my first step was getting off facebook ha! A bit apprehensive about getting youtube going. Would rather be more covert. Seen alot of people hounded by trolls and made miserable...not into that lol.

Anyone elses thoughts on posting preps in public?

Latest posts

Back