New to prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tribulation Tav

Reaction score
Hi. Having arrived in Australia from an almost third world country, we have basic security prepping experience, but no firearms now. Used to have a 42, double b, rifle and children practice on pellet gun for accuracy. We used to live in a very secure home on a piece of land with security on all windows, doors, 3mtr electric fence with remote slide gate for quick access...then immigrated for safety of our children and their future. Back in our home town we had buglers whilst in our old home, defended livestock within the electric fence boundary, husband been on regular security patrols with neighbours and been in some scary situations. I have had a brick thrown at my car windscreen, been punched in the gut and stalked... and had to prep my children for hijackings, which were happening daily in our town.
New to Australia, so no guns, no security and having to start all over again. We believe end times are near, WWIII starting soon, and have done lots of research over the years and know we cannot rely on having mobile, internet or even television once times get really tough... need to start stock piling water, food and supplies. 3 members of our family have first aid, however we dont know how to suture. Only have a basic first aid kit.
Have many friends around the world who believe this is the year, our generation will get to be in it... "Tav" is a Hebrew word meaning "the end". Then there is more after that.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

I am about a week old to the site. I will say that I have not felt so happy to have found a site that gets me and that there are many others!! I thank all that have helped me thank you all that have posted great information and thank you all for your friendship!!!

Welcome and thanks for joining. Living in Australia must be a scary proposition. I can't even imagine not being able to have firearms to defend myself and my family.

Look online for suturing videos. There are some that are a bit hokey, but by and large you should be able to tell what makes sense and what doesn't. Raw chicken makes a really good practice tool, IMHO. Skin on, of course.
I Started a thread in the First Aid section for "Suturing/Stitching Videos" to help people find it in the search function. I only posted one, so please feel free to post up any others that you feel have good info in them.

Last edited:
Hi. Having arrived in Australia from an almost third world country, we have basic security prepping experience, but no firearms now. Used to have a 42, double b, rifle and children practice on pellet gun for accuracy. We used to live in a very secure home on a piece of land with security on all windows, doors, 3mtr electric fence with remote slide gate for quick access...then immigrated for safety of our children and their future. Back in our home town we had buglers whilst in our old home, defended livestock within the electric fence boundary, husband been on regular security patrols with neighbours and been in some scary situations. I have had a brick thrown at my car windscreen, been punched in the gut and stalked... and had to prep my children for hijackings, which were happening daily in our town.
New to Australia, so no guns, no security and having to start all over again. We believe end times are near, WWIII starting soon, and have done lots of research over the years and know we cannot rely on having mobile, internet or even television once times get really tough... need to start stock piling water, food and supplies. 3 members of our family have first aid, however we dont know how to suture. Only have a basic first aid kit.
Have many friends around the world who believe this is the year, our generation will get to be in it... "Tav" is a Hebrew word meaning "the end". Then there is more after that.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back