New to prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie Conroy

Reaction score
Hi I would like to introduce myself...My name is Laurie I am a wife and mother of 4 and I am new to prepping. Have been since February because I have been increasingly worried about the state of the worlds finances and believe we are headed for a collapse. Have beans and rice, flour, tons of pasta and water. Have also started a small garden and plan to learn how to can some of the harvest. Other than that just looking to connect and possibly learn from some like minded preppers!

Hi I would like to introduce myself...My name is Laurie I am a wife and mother of 4 and I am new to prepping. Have been since February because I have been increasingly worried about the state of the worlds finances and believe we are headed for a collapse. Have beans and rice, flour, tons of pasta and water. Have also started a small garden and plan to learn how to can some of the harvest. Other than that just looking to connect and possibly learn from some like minded preppers!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I too am prepping for economic collapse.

There are some good people on here willing to share ideas and give quality advise. Should you need anything feel free to ask.

Welcom Laurie Conroy!
I am prepping for anything n everything.
as Clydesdale stated, if you need anything dont hesitate to ask.
what type of garden do you have?
i just started one, i have:
Sumter cucumbers
early green broccoli
beefstake tomatos
cherry radishs
jalepenos
and bell peppers.

Welcom Laurie Conroy!
I am prepping for anything n everything.
as Clydesdale stated, if you need anything dont hesitate to ask.
what type of garden do you have?
i just started one, i have:
Sumter cucumbers
early green broccoli
beefstake tomatos
cherry radishs
jalepenos
and bell peppers.

Great! Now I'm hungry!.... Lol

Unfortunately gardening at my place is an impossibility....

Great! Now I'm hungry!.... Lol

Unfortunately gardening at my place is an impossibility....
big pots and grow lights......... just have the cash for the high electric bill, and expect the cops to come bangen on your door thinken your growen "somethen else" lol

Thanks for the welcome....I have tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers hoping to expand next year.

big pots and grow lights......... just have the cash for the high electric bill, and expect the cops to come bangen on your door thinken your growen "somethen else" lol
That's what I need.... The admiration of the Sheriff's Dept.... LOL....

Thanks for the welcome....I have tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers hoping to expand next year.
I envy those of you who are able to grow your own food. I hope to someday soon have my own place to do just that.

awesome!
if your new to gardening, i can help a bit, i have a lot of knowledge on tomatoes especially, as i just did a 4hr research on them to see why mine aren't fruiting.
i found out, they don't like to fruit in temps above 85 degrees, and today it was 108 here lol, but come to find out i was jumping the gun a bit, i seen some other peoples pics and found that mine was yet half the size so far, then today i found it flowering, yay lol!

Thanks Krime our tomatoes (here in Ontario Canada) have just begun to flower too. It has been above 85 for the better part of two weeks. Good luck with your tomatoes. I am planning salsa and tomato sauce for mine and to freeze my peppers and pickle my cucumbers.

Thanks Krime our tomatoes (here in Ontario Canada) have just begun to flower too. It has been above 85 for the better part of two weeks. Good luck with your tomatoes. I am planning salsa and tomato sauce for mine and to freeze my peppers and pickle my cucumbers.
How envious am I!

But I guess I could always try hydroponics... That should attract D.E.A.'s attention!

OMG!
thats exactly my plan!
my wife loves dill pickles!
ya, where i am temps reach in the 100+ range, except the last few days its been over cast with thunder storm warnings, but it still gets over 85.
the best thing ive seen to do, is to move them into shaded areas (if potted) or to put an umbrella over them if planted in the soil.
if the flowers are weeping try acouple tbl spoons of epsom salt (not really salt btw) mixed with a gallon of water, epsom is magnesium sulfate that is great for your plant( so ive read anyway) ive just added some to my big one (potted) and well see how it turns out.

Thanks for the tip. I never thought of using epsom salt that way. I have a big container but have only used it in the bath water when the kids have a rash or something of that nature. I made 7 jars of refrigerator pickles and pickled eggs today. Cant wait for the tomatoes!!

Thanks for the tip. I never thought of using epsom salt that way. I have a big container but have only used it in the bath water when the kids have a rash or something of that nature. I made 7 jars of refrigerator pickles and pickled eggs today. Cant wait for the tomatoes!!
i have a good tip on eggs too!
if you rub mineral oil on them (still with shell and no cracks) they can last up to 9 months w/o refrigeration, just remember to mark the carton so you know how long ago you did it.
(ive never tried it so be careful)

You must watch doomsday preppers. I have Kellene Bishop on my facebook and she was on that show. She has many interesting tips!

You must watch doomsday preppers. I have Kellene Bishop on my facebook and she was on that show. She has many interesting tips!
the thick chick, good cook prepper? yup i think thats were i did get that lol.
ya she seemed to have alot of useful tips, but i wasnt a fan of how she prepped.

well im not a big fan of buggen in, when you live in a city. to me shes only stocking up for other people to come take. when shtf, just about everyone, besides us that prepp lol, are going to go ape you know what, because they have nothing. living in a city environment puts her at risk to become a victim of trolling mobs/gangs/crazy nomads, upon others. although her family has guns, whats a few people with guns compared to a 5-10 man gand of people? the odds are likely she either wont survive, or she'll give up her stash and bug out with whatever she n family can carry. leaving food and possably guns/ammo for those members to take.

Oh I have been thinking of that myself. It is not possible for us, as a family to bug out because my who lives with us is immobile she has sever arthritis. We live on the the outskirts of a town of approx 40,000 in size. What are you thoughts on our situation. We also have four children who live with us.

ill look into your case n see what i can come up with. that seems like a challenge. i love challenges lol.
im sorry to hear about your family member though. my mother, who lives with us, has severe M.S.

Latest posts

Back