New to prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i need to ask a few questions so i can help you properly:
1. is (im guessing your mom?) mobile? is she on IV's? does she take extensive medications?

i know its hard to talk with a stranger about this, but in order to find a proper method, one needs to know these things.
2. how old are the kids?
3. if you had no worries buggen out, were would your destination be? (ie, forest, bunker etc, not an exact location)
4. do you have money to spend, or are you on a limited income?

Yes it is my mom...she is on meds for her pain and he rheumatoid arthritis and osteopeurosis but doesnt move around much because of the pain. She cant even get into a regular car so I have to rely on the cities bus for handicapped people to get her to appts and stuff. The kids are 20 ( hes is working and taking specialized music lessons so he achieve a degree in jazz studies) 18 (she is entering university this Sept) 11 and 9. If I could bug out it would be in a more rural setting with a couple acres of land with hopefully a stream or some source of water on or near it. And finally our income is not limited but our budget is tight because I stay home to care for my mom and the younger kids. My hubby works full time and my mom is on a pension.

first, good job raising your kids!
and your a great daughter looking after your mom like that.
so basicly im hearing your ok on money, if the price is right, but not enough to run out and buy a $10k track chair lol, who does these days? lol i couldnt even afford the seat lol.
you need to find a sort of transport for her, not only by vehicle, but other ways in case the freeways are blocked, and also, how to get her+ your family into the wild.
that about sum it up?

Yes it does alot of planning but it gives at least something to work towards. Thank you again

ok i found some options for you, if the sites will post.
tbh, this all depends on how far your wanting to go with prepping too.
you stated your mother likes the bus right?
well heres a place to buy the used shuttle busses:
http://midamericacoach.com/inventory/1994-ford-e-350-metrotrans
thats a used '94 but they have New and newer used too.
theres also wheelchair conversion kits too if you own a van.
heres some off road wheelchairs:
http://www.mobility-advisor.com/off-road-wheelchairs.html
and heres some natural remedies if you make it to your bug out location:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/arthritis/a/rheumatoid.htm

as far as the kids are concerned, they're old enough, i aould think, to learn about preppinb themselfs. have them help you create bug bags, and teach them what the idems are or could be used for.
also, you could have them watch videos on youtube, about how to set snare traps, and other useful stuff can be watched there too.
i will keep my eyes out for anything else i can find useful to your situation, and as allways, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

oh, also, if you want more natural remedies, i think her names Pippa, on this site, and she had alot of useful info on natural remedies, you could ask her and im sure shed love to help.

Latest posts

Back