New to prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica

Reaction score
Hi I'm a female prepper of 21 years of age. I have recently had a grown interest in getting serious into the prepping business. I am currently in the process of purchasing a sea container that I can burry in my backyard. As I can afford it, I will be purchasing a second. The first I'm planning on using to gather and hold all my supplies (food, weapons etc) the second I'm planning on decking out with furnishing that I will eventually be able to live in when the time comes. I am currently in the dog breeding industry and was planning on using and training the dogs as a form of protection but have decided that it could also be an emergency source of food. Dog meant is full of protein and iron. I was wondering what everyone else was doing in source of other food/meat options and if my idea is acceptable or inhumane?

Jess

Welcome to the family....lots going on within the site!
best thing is to ask questions!!
There are some great threads already started about dogs...i am sure u will find them interesting!
so glad to have you-and the sea container idea sounds very interesting...cant wait to hear more about it!

howdy jess.and welcome to the forum and family.hope you find and learn everyting you need to know here..if you dont see what your looking for,then just ask..and im sure someone will let ya know.there's quiet a few knowaledgeable folks here

Welcome Jessica. A lot of info here and we are always looking for other peoples input as well. From your post above, if I understand you correctly your going to get a cargo shipping container buried and turn into a bug out location? Can you clarify this??

Hi there Jessica. :D I also plan on doing shipping containers for a shelter. I don't think that it is inhumman. Many culters have/continue to eat dog.

Might be a good topic to start about using a shelter shipping container for an underground shelter. I do not think they are structurally sound enough. It would be good to get other opinions on that.

@ Trapper you need to renforce the sides and roof in order to support the weight of the dirt. The force weighing down on it is incredible.

@ jessica you should start a post on it :D

@ Trapper you need to renforce the sides and roof in order to support the weight of the dirt. The force weighing down on it is incredible.

@ jessica you should start a post on it :D

That's why I raised the question. I was hoping to get a post going so we could all get some good info on this topic. I heard of someone trying this same thing and it caved in. Maybe it was on the Doomsday Preppers Show I saw it, I don't recall. I figured someone with more knowledge than me on construction would chime in so we could get some good info rolling! I agree, Jessica kick off a post on it!!

:p physics is important to think about when you go to bury it as the force exerted on it is exponential.

Don't know much about physics but I do know I don't want to be covered up with dirt until after I am for sure dead. To get covered up to end up dead does sound like fun.
What I do know about physics is I like to look at some of the lady physics while at the beach. Then again some others, no so much....LOL!

Lol, well from what I understand, the amount of pressure weighing down on top is exponential (1,2,4) so the deeper down you go, the more force and the more you have to reinforce. And as for lady physics, yeah

Welcome to the forum. Please before you bury anything get it reinforced to the point of overdoing. There's been quite a few people who have buried these things and then have them collapse.

Eat the dogs. I have to be careful in Vietnam, my dogs (Asian Dog half size of Australian Dingo) would be eaten if allowed out. People take any stray dog, they also take from your property, if you're away.
My Dogs have been known to break their chains to scare someone off - however, I would eat them if I needed to.

Welcome to the site.

Hi I'm a female prepper of 21 years of age. I have recently had a grown interest in getting serious into the prepping business. I am currently in the process of purchasing a sea container that I can burry in my backyard. As I can afford it, I will be purchasing a second. The first I'm planning on using to gather and hold all my supplies (food, weapons etc) the second I'm planning on decking out with furnishing that I will eventually be able to live in when the time comes. I am currently in the dog breeding industry and was planning on using and training the dogs as a form of protection but have decided that it could also be an emergency source of food. Dog meant is full of protein and iron. I was wondering what everyone else was doing in source of other food/meat options and if my idea is acceptable or inhumane?

Jess
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

In a doomsday scenario I don't find your method inhumane. After all it is survival of the fittest.

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

G'day.
Meat is meat - we eat roo & emu, which people find odd. Guess dog is no different.

A colleague visited China to do a business deal and whilst at a restaurant had all these different sized pedigree dogs paraded before him and was asked which one he liked - luckily he chose the Chihuahua which came back cooked spread eagled on a plate 30 min later.
My Wife visited Australia 5 yrs ago and as she looked at the menu at a fast food shop saw the word hotdog - she promptly stated that she didn't eat dog, even if it was cooked. It was funny at the time. But I'm sure she would eat it if she were hungry.
Alternatively, after eating chilly crab in Indonesia, put chillies or drink tabasco sauce with your food and all meat will taste the same.
Oh, and don't tell the children where Spot their dog went.

And Jessica, if you look at what I wrote to Overlord from the Philippines, you'll see what other foods can be had.

A 21 yr old interested in prepping!?! She must have fell and bumped her head!

Good idea with the shipping container though. I couldn't eat a dog, I like them too much!!!

Latest posts

Back