New to prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but seriously, you don't see alot of younger people very interested in preparing. They are more of the right here, right now generation. It wasn't an insult it was more rhetorical than anything...

you'll find at least a few people here that are younger then you are..some are 17 18 and 19 years old.and we even have one young lady here thats younger then that.she's not only into prepping.but she helps her mom with it.and from what i understand.she does a great job of earning her keep by earning money when needed and possible.so you might want to be a lil more carefull how you say things.. :oops: last thing you want is to have them gang up on you..and thats no pretty shight :( it scares even me..

Ugh, I erased my first message. Jim, roger. I have a daughter and try to teach her survival skills. She's only 5 but she absorbs it like a sponge. So I do understand. I do have a dry and coarse sense of humor, and it does get me in hot water...

been there.done that..and thats why i dont post some things i think of..lol..i have no kids.. thats a + for me i guess..lol

I concur with not saying things you may be thinking, but as far as children, it hardens my resolve for alot of the reasons why I prep in the first place. I couldn't imagine being a family ill prepared for a catastrophic event. I feel like their lives ride on my shoulders. It helps.

I concur with not saying things you may be thinking, but as far as children, it hardens my resolve for alot of the reasons why I prep in the first place. I couldn't imagine being a family ill prepared for a catastrophic event. I feel like their lives ride on my shoulders. It helps.
WElcome to the forum and you are right "Their lives do ride on YOUR shoulders". I, for one, don't want my wife and kids have to suffer like nonpreppers will have to when TSHTF. I live in South La. and we have really been preppers for almost all our lives down here. Well, some of us anyway. I learned to live off the land and in the swamps from my dad and granddad. I guess you could say that I'm lucky. Teach your kids from small and they will remember it.

I grew up in Central CT all my life until I moved to FL in 2003. When that first hurricane hit in 2004, I was too young and unabashed by the looming threat. The next day when there was no power, water, food, gas, CIGARETTES, my world crumbled. Needless to say, I was more prepared for the the 2nd and 3rd.

I feel like we're bombing poor Jessica's intro thread!!!

Latest posts

Back