New to prepping.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhisperingWhiskey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to prepping, but not new to self-sufficiency. I figured if the SHTF, I'd be screwed in my apartment. So until I can acquire land and build a sufficient base, I feel I need to prepare for a bug-out more now than ever.

uh....thanks?

Hi, I'm new to prepping, but not new to self-sufficiency. I figured if the SHTF, I'd be screwed in my apartment. So until I can acquire land and build a sufficient base, I feel I need to prepare for a bug-out more now than ever.

uh....thanks?
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey there! Welcome to the forum. As Clyde said, feel free to ask questions or offer suggestions. We're pretty friendly around here.

uh....thanks?

Hello, I found something called water bricks. They come in different sizes and you put them together like leggos. They are great for small places. The ones we got you can put 3 1/2 gallons of water in each or up to 25 pound of dry goods. On the web site it shows different ways to store them, in closets, under beds etc. Ours just arrived yeturday so I sterilized them and tongth we will be filling them up. In a bug out situation they would be great. You can pick it up becasue each brick has a handle, not like a 50 gallon barrel filled with water. I am very excited I found them. They are expensive but I think it is worth it! I will have to save more money before I get more. You can go to their web site www.waterbrick.org or get them through www.amazon. I hope this helps. ~Lindy

Thank you, everyone. My spouse and I plan on building a storage container home, partially above and below ground. I have a small garden on the balcony and so far I've grown wheat, cotton, and sugar beets among other things. I look forward to learning more!

As far as gardening goes. Just for kicks look up global buckets on YouTube. I am playing around with them just for herbs because the tend to try and take over a garden. So keeping them in a separate area sounded good but you can grow whatever in them. Plus in a bug out scenario I can take my garden with me or grow inside during the winter

Latest posts

Back