New to prepping and on a budget. Help!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXpreppin12

Reaction score
Looking for tips and ideas for prepping on a budget! My boyfriend and I are trying to prepare to protect ourselves, my little girl and our little dogs, lol. Any tips and ideas are welcome!!

Looking for tips and ideas for prepping on a budget! My boyfriend and I are trying to prepare to protect ourselves, my little girl and our little dogs, lol. Any tips and ideas are welcome!!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

What are you prepping for. I have found that to be a good starting point.
Also contact our members Krime and Colt 1911 as he is our site expert on finding bargains. He has made the following thread Prepping on Ebay.
There are other people on here as well who are good at stretching their dollar.

I just buy a few items each week, look for the deals. Like Clydesdale said, depends on what you are prepping for. I am prepped for a major earthquake.
Water, food, shelter if we cant stay at the house, power, self defense. All you have to do is start and you are that much better off. Any ? hit us up.

Welcome TXpreppen12!
if you have any questions feel free to ask, if i dont know it ill find it!
budget hu?
3 words:
e-Bay
dollar store
Walmart

although there are other really good stores like Clyde mentions all the time, Costco.
i usually put $20 on a walmart card (pre-pay credit card) (comes to $23)when i have the money, then i go through my bug bag list of stuff i need, or you can refer to "creating a bug bag" under "equipment", then i go to e-bay and find stuff. i go through page and pages looking for a deal, also remenber to click the "free shipping" so what you see is what you pay.
i can usually buy 3 idems within $20.
dollar stores are great, you can find a bunch of smalls for your pack, like safty pins, sewing kits, asprin, pain reliever, band-aids, rubbing alcohol etc. sooner or later you add up and up, next thing you know you need a bigger pack.
but it all depends, are you bugging in or out?
is your final destination urban, wilderness desert etc
and what is the yearly climate of your destination?
or if you have specific needs ill find that cheap for ya too.

Latest posts

Back