New to prepping and forum

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor prepper

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forum and to preparing for what seems to be an unescapable destiny with the end of our country as we know it. I have become aware of so many things that I wish were not true...recently my dear uncle (former fighter pilot for the US Airforce) started to turn me on to websites and articles that literally turned my world upside down. Prior to last year I was oblivious (as most Americans are) to just how corrupt our government has become. Then he sent me to www.ae911truth.org and a saw for myself the evidence of a terrible crime that has gone mostly unrecognized by our citizens. Putting this and other things together has me convinced there are forces at work that have in mind only harm for the average person in America. A year ago I was living the American dream as many would define....a great career, financial security, loving family, two cars, a house (no dog), etc, etc....now I am re-evaluating all my priorities and plans.

Seems to me that if the unthinkable occurs down the road than the only chance a true patriot has is to really start preparing wisely and networking with like minded people. That's why I am here. To gain insight, knowledge, and like minded friends in case that day comes.

I have minimal preparations for now. Six months of food and water, financial savings, and a decent arsenal (God forbid I ever have to use it) but no real long term plan.

My uncle is buying an off grid cabin in Montana. I am not in a position to something like this and not sure I would want to. I can't imagine living a life of isolation and bare survival.

One of my intentions is to hopefully network with a small isolated community somewhere very rural. I hope to find a close community who could be served by my skill set of medicine, construction experience, and hunting experience to where I could relocate quickly should the time arrive.

I don't want to raise my toddler in complete isolation. I want to be a part of something good and continue to serve as I know how to best. My hopes of finding this on a forum like this is seems realistic. Time will tell.

It is getting late, I could done on all night.....for now I guess I have said enough.

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum in advance.
Sincerely,
Jeff

Welcome Doctor P! I don't just plan to survive what's coming, I plan to thrive and continue on with my current level of living now, otherwise... why bother? Just my two cents worth.

It's good that you are aware now and that you are taking control of your family's safety and wellbeing.

Hello everyone, new to the forum and to preparing for what seems to be an unescapable destiny with the end of our country as we know it. I have become aware of so many things that I wish were not true...recently my dear uncle (former fighter pilot for the US Airforce) started to turn me on to websites and articles that literally turned my world upside down. Prior to last year I was oblivious (as most Americans are) to just how corrupt our government has become. Then he sent me to www.ae911truth.org and a saw for myself the evidence of a terrible crime that has gone mostly unrecognized by our citizens. Putting this and other things together has me convinced there are forces at work that have in mind only harm for the average person in America. A year ago I was living the American dream as many would define....a great career, financial security, loving family, two cars, a house (no dog), etc, etc....now I am re-evaluating all my priorities and plans.

Seems to me that if the unthinkable occurs down the road than the only chance a true patriot has is to really start preparing wisely and networking with like minded people. That's why I am here. To gain insight, knowledge, and like minded friends in case that day comes.

I have minimal preparations for now. Six months of food and water, financial savings, and a decent arsenal (God forbid I ever have to use it) but no real long term plan.

My uncle is buying an off grid cabin in Montana. I am not in a position to something like this and not sure I would want to. I can't imagine living a life of isolation and bare survival.

One of my intentions is to hopefully network with a small isolated community somewhere very rural. I hope to find a close community who could be served by my skill set of medicine, construction experience, and hunting experience to where I could relocate quickly should the time arrive.

I don't want to raise my toddler in complete isolation. I want to be a part of something good and continue to serve as I know how to best. My hopes of finding this on a forum like this is seems realistic. Time will tell.

It is getting late, I could done on all night.....for now I guess I have said enough.

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum in advance.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Should you have any questions or need help with anything feel free to ask. The members on here are more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Interesting intro.... I hope you find some good stuff here in the forums and I hope you get the chance to see what your Uncle has going. I used to think that type of living was far too extreme for me(Then again, I used to want to live in NYC!). When I was in my early 20s I got the chance to go to a cabin just like that on a hunting trip. I have since had chances to do some primitive camping and really get it in with mother nature. It's been a great learning experience and a great relief from living in the hustle and bustle of the DC Metro area.

Thanks for joining and we'll see you around!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I think I may habe understated my intentions a little. I would Ike to find a very, very small community to move to. Wouldn't actually mind living on some acreage several miles away from a town of 200-500 people. I figure to be a valuable asset to a community this size and be able to barter services for goods I need to stock up a sizable medical supply. I have started to do this as we speak. Fortunately I have access to medical supplies that are just out of date but are perfectly good for many years to come. In addition to this I plan to spend several thousand dollars to create a portable medical facility to allow me to take care of seriously I'll patients in a very rural setting. I am trying to figure out exactly what would be necessary to have a good setup. This actually takes quite a lot of thinking and research. Before I start spending big bucks thought would really be nice to locate this "perfect" community in advance to figure out what resources are already on hand and what would be needed to care for seriously ill pateints in isolation like this. I know this seems like a rather large undertaking but I am quite serious about doing this. Hopefully through forums like this I can locate the community in the next six months, make a few visits, get some commitments from the locals, then start making real preparations. I would plan to stay put where I am for as long as possible then "bug out" at the last minute, whatever that might be.

If anyone here has any ideas of a community this size and have some connections there I would certainly like to hear more from you. I know I am basically soliciting at this point but I know of no other efficient method than forums like this.

What I am looking for:
1) very rural, preferably mountain regions with plenty of public land and natural resources.
2) very conservative, family oriented community who share my moral leanings (Christian, conservative, fundamental)
3) a community that is almost or totally self sufficeint already
4) an existing medical clinic, active or not...not an absolute.

What I bring:
1) a very valuable skill set that is diverse
2) my own basic arsenal including AR15, AR10, 30.06, rem 760 shotgun, several hand guns, over 8,000 rds
3) medical supplies including basic medications, antibiotics, first aid, advanced life support gear, and much more
4) a sharp mind and humble spirit
5) a very capable and able bodied wife and a toddler
6) vehicles including p/u truck, Tahoe, and motorcycle.
7) shortwave radio
8) electronic repair gear
9) lots of standard mechanics and carpentry tools

Don't know if this is TMI or too little but, as you can see, I am bery serious about locating a new potential home rather quickly.
Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your forum!
Jeff

Doctor, have you considered the Ozarks? Lots of places are pretty isolated and sound like they might be up your ally. Missouri is a great state to grow your kids up in.

Welcome Doctor Prepper. I think you will find that the folks here are very serious about prepping and very helpful as well for us who are new at this. I am a retired RN living out in the country but near a very small town. I lived here since 1975 and can not imagine living anywhere else. To be honest I have no clue if anyone else here in my immediate area is prepping or even considering it. I would really like to know since I am on my own and would feel better knowing I had fellow preppers near that I could talk with and even fall back on if I need to bug out for some reason or another. If your interested in a very small community then you may be interested in this area since we have several retired doctors in the area and even some that practice in the other small town which is only 20 minutes from where I live in the country. We are located on the east coast of North Carolina and I could give you more specifics if you want by private message. Anyway welcome and remember to prep, prep and prep. :)

Latest posts

Back