New to Doomsday

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneh0911

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Snehal, and I am in Heartland Community College. I got an assignment to write on American sub-culture, and I choose to write on awesome people like you "doomsday prepper".
I have few questions:
-Why are millions of Americans are preparing for doomsday?
-Best and worst survival kits?
-What is your favourite multi tool?
-What technique require to learn for doomsday?
-What make you think that doomsday are near and we need to prepare for it?

Dooms day is just a word we use for a life changing event . That event could be natural like a storm or earthquake that devaststes a area or man made like War or terrorist attack .
For someone to preppare is a choice , like the saying " better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it " . The it being your prepps .
Acronyms are SHTF or s**t hit the fan used for most any negative life changing event or TEOTWAWKI wich stands for the end of the world as we know it used for a event that would change global life such as nuclear warfare or catostophic event .

Best survival kit would be one you put togeather yourself for the area you are in , Im not much on multi tools as they may do alot of jobs they do none of them well , The best techniques to lear in my opion are back to the basics like frountire homesteading so you can replinish your supplys .

Welcome... And Knives are my favorite multi tool because there's not a whole lot you can't do with them....

Americans are natural pioneers which means we naturally do things that most don't. We've learned that doing said activities requires a certain amount of ability to adapt and over come odd circumstances. That's all prepping is to me. Having the tools required to survive and adapt to what ever the world or our own curiosity throws at us. Some go to the absolute extreme with this but, without extreme people America wouldn't exist so, it's kind of our way.

Worst survival kit is almost any one you buy. Build it yourself and work with it. That way you'll know what everything is and it's purpose.

Reading and training and testing what you've learned is the technique that works best to becoming self reliant and that's all prepping is, learning to become self empowered and non-dependent.

Some believe that we are close to some sort of doomsday scenario. I am a student of history. The USA has entered one of the final stages of any empire. We celebrate mediocrity.... We practically worship people with no moral character or fiber because TV said these people are awesome. If you look back through the ages anytime a society starts celebrating the pointless, they are close to a reform or removal. I feel in the next generation or two that a major upheaval is on its way. How that comes about I can't say but, I believe it's coming and so me and mine will be ready.

preparing for the worst that could happen,is somewhat like preparing to go some where in a vehicle.you go through certain steps before heading out the door of your home.then again once your in the vehicle..same thing as preparing for the worst that could happen.be it a tornado, huricane,tidal wave,earthquake.drought.wildfires.to what ever reason we prepare for.each of us do so for a reason.you say doomsday prepping is a sub-culture.is it really?our ancestors prepared for the worst,like when the possibility of falling into hard times where money is tight, and droughts...do (you) ever set money to one side for a rainy day? then end up needing for what ever reason(s)? how about,saving up money,just so you can buy something that is needed?then you prepared for something..like roni pointed out..we learn to over come obstacles in our lives.and become better prepared for other things as well.learn from our past.and pay attention to what's happening now..many cities and countries has collapsed,simply because they failed and refused to learn and prepare from it.

Thank you guys for such a satisfactory reply. While preparing portfolio i think i'll also start preparing.
I need to write on Appearance of doomsday prepper and special skills required.

-Why are millions of Americans are preparing for doomsday?

After Hurricane Katrina, it's pretty evident that while the government is a huge entity, it can't be counted on to reliably respond to every crisis. Natural disasters or manmade ones (like an economic collapse, war, plague, etc.) are a very real threat, and we'd all be better off if we had at least some preparations. The federal government even recommends this as part of policy.

-Best and worst survival kits?

All depends on the most applicable threats to one's area. Really, there is no ideal "kit". The real preps are to ensure you have renewable sources of water and food, a secure shelter, and some means to defend yourself from those why didn't prep, and now want what you have.

-What is your favourite multi tool?

I personally like a Leatherman pocket tool (like a Swiss Army knife on steroids).

-What technique require to learn for doomsday?

More like skills than techniques. Gardening, animal keeping, some minor plumbing, basic medicine, etc.

-What make you think that doomsday are near and we need to prepare for it?

Just seems as each year passes, that we're sliding quicker and quicker into a global economic mess that we'll never dig out of. Something has to give. Whether that means war, collapse, etc., something major is going to happen. The current state simply isn't sustainable. History has shown this over and over again.

Latest posts

Back