New, so 'Hello' to all.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dayve Jacobus

Reaction score
I'm a typical family man, worried about my kids and their future. I'm not sure what to expect, but I know I'd like to make a few changes that would simplify things.
I've always dreamed of a small ranch like my mother's family has. Solar panels, so I can tell the greedy electric company to screw themselves. Really? Raising the price again... this year?

Possible financial collapse? Well just a few years ago a man could support a family by working all week, now it takes 2 full time incomes. You can't go to the grocery store for under $100. Looks to me like whatever the nightmare is... this is probably evidence of it already starting.

My mom's ranch is only about 50 miles from me, so as far as bug-out goes, not to bad. I work at a place that custom builds toy haulers, so I keep thinking how fun it would be to set myself up with one. Food and water storage, and a camper all built together. The women in the house are pretty fussy about a bathroom at the bug-out location. I want the extra tall axle for getting way out in these AZ mountains if need be.

Cool concept ...post us pictures when you get that going. Great intro and we appreciate your input here. But we all pray you can find something to take away from here that blesses your family in time of need. Thanks for your help and contributions that are already appreciated very much. Looking forward to more from you. See you Bill

Welcome,
You are in a great position to start, I'd love to build a custom hauler. I'd probably lose my mind and make some crazy tank like rolling armory though!

Welcome to the forum/family Dayve. I hope that you take a good poke through everything here and feel comfortable enough to either ask questions, answer questions, or just plain shoot the breeze. You're right, the world's going to Hell in a hand basket and it's not slowing down for anyone. Gone are the days when one income provided a middle class lifestyle and it was safe to be outside after dark. I think that one day though, there will be an uprising and the world will be a safer place after the fighting's over, at least I pray for that. I would love to think that one day my grandchildren will be able to go outside to catch fireflies just my own kids have and I did when I was little.

howdy dayve,and welcome to the forum..your mind and hart is deffintly in the right place for you and your family..one thing you might want to consider,is you might want to check into seeing if your folks would allow you and family to build a home on the ranch so yall can at least have a place to bug out to and have a place to stay dureing the holidays,if not actully live there..as anorak said.roam the topics and feel free to ask questons and answer them as well..

I'm a typical family man, worried about my kids and their future. I'm not sure what to expect, but I know I'd like to make a few changes that would simplify things.
I've always dreamed of a small ranch like my mother's family has. Solar panels, so I can tell the greedy electric company to screw themselves. Really? Raising the price again... this year?

Possible financial collapse? Well just a few years ago a man could support a family by working all week, now it takes 2 full time incomes. You can't go to the grocery store for under $100. Looks to me like whatever the nightmare is... this is probably evidence of it already starting.

My mom's ranch is only about 50 miles from me, so as far as bug-out goes, not to bad. I work at a place that custom builds toy haulers, so I keep thinking how fun it would be to set myself up with one. Food and water storage, and a camper all built together. The women in the house are pretty fussy about a bathroom at the bug-out location. I want the extra tall axle for getting way out in these AZ mountains if need be.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back